• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for a new idea...

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
Years
  • I'm thinking about a couple new ideas for fan fictions. I've decided to put my current fan fic on hold because, not only am I not very good at writing in third person, but I simply don't have enough information on the canon world. However, that brings me to my question:

How do fan fics usually go for Ranger fics?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If you don't have a lot of information on the "canon world", you can take the time to research for your writing. If you're following the anime canon, for example, read episode guides online. There are quite a few websites out there that are full of information on Pokemon.

If you're asking for ideas about what to write, then you've come to the wrong place, pretty much. We're all exceptionally snarky when it comes to helping writers get ideas, and you'll wind up with a story no one will want to read. Also, you'll have a story idea that you don't want to write. And if you don't want to write the story, then it's not going to go anywhere.

To come up with ideas for stories that you would want to write, brainstorm a bit. Think about the Pokemon world, and if there's some part of it that you want to explore. Or if you want to take your own personal views on a story that others have written, like a different take on the original trainer formula.

Since you're asking about Pokemon Ranger fics, I have to ask if you've played either one of the games, since that is mostly what the stories I've seen are based on. If you want to do write the story of the games into a fic form, then you need to take the time to put your own personal touch into the story to make it so that readers are interested.

I really haven't seen a lot of Ranger fics around here recently. I know that there are a few elsewhere that I've seen, but never read.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • Thank you, I'm sorry I worded that wrong I was really just asking how Ranger Fics do I didn't mean to actually ask for ideas. The only reason I asked this is because finding a way to describe or write the action in a Ranger fic has the serious potential to get tedious you know, its the "the styler top burst out of the capture styler and spun around the pokemon" kind of thing that you would say over and over again. Yes I am studying the anime but reading the episode guides are so annoying I just decided to watch the episodes online. Yes I've played the games so thank you for the advice.

Back