• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] looking for a specific emerald base

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Hi,

Is there an emerald rom base out there, that ONLY has gen 4 pokemon added on top of the gen 1-3 regular ones? Aswell as the items and moves ofcourse. There is the 650 rom base, but honestly I hate gen 5 and 6 pokemon.

Yours sincerely,
    BremFM

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    But they will still be in the pokedex I think. Also there is no working download for the 650 patch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    But they will still be in the pokedex I think. Also there is no working download for the 650 patch.
    There are 386 pokemon in the Pokedex for Ruby/Sapphire, yet half of them had zero effect on the game. Don't use those Pokemon on trainers and don't put them in the wild. Simple as that. But if you are really hellbent against it, you can always expand the Pokedex yourself: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324892. Apparently there are aspects of that method that are broken, but I think the 650 base you're referring to is based on that tutorial anyways, so that isn't really relevant.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • There really is no easy way to put it back down to 493. You're either going to have to repoint the Pokédex yourself afresh or find a way to cap it off at 493.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Then how are they supposed to complete the pokedex?
    What? Why does it matter? If you don't place wild pokemon & stuff beyond 493, the in game pokedex won't go past that number anyways. If you're referring to some script or routine that checks if the dex is "complete," that would be a pretty trivial fix as well. If you really want to remove them from the pokedex (and I still have no clue why you'd need to), if Emerald is anything like FireRed, there's a table that converts species index to pokedex index, so I suppose you'd modify the table to stop the new Gen V & VI pokemon from having dex numbers (think of the limbo slots between Johto and Hoenn mons).

Back