• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for suggestions on how to sell and/or pricing

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Hey everyone,

I have cards from when Pokemon Trading Card Game initially came out, and cards probably mid-2004, roughly 3000. I would say maybe 200 to 300 cards have some form of rarity (either error cards, 1st editions, holos, EX cards, rares, etc).

I have an imgur album of the cards here: https://imgur.com/a/LrLjY#0

Of these cards, I was wondering what peoples best judgements of either grouping, or selling them individually.

My ideas were to sell them:
    All ~3000 cards in one pack
    Split the rares between the ~2700 normal cards.
    Sell the cards that are errors or rare (such as the corocoro mew card) individually.

But not really sure the best way, or the pricing to expect. So was wanting to come to you guys to see if you could give me any idea.

Thanks for all your suggestions. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Don't sell all the cards together unless you're in a big hurry to get rid of them. You'll only attract resellers and will receive far less than what the collection is worth (probably only hundreds, instead of the thousands the collection looks to be worth).

I would sell most, if not all of the holos and rares individually... then sort the rest into partially complete sets and sell them that way.

For pricing, just check what other people are selling particular cards for on Ebay and price yours competitively. You can also check previously sold listings to see what a particular card has been going for at auction recently. Sometimes you'll get more at auction than you will from asking for a fixed price if people who don't know the true value of a card enter into a bidding war.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    I would recommend you check each of the rare cards individually on pokemoncardmarket.eu and maybe sell the more common ones as a single bulk lot or in multiple lots. All of the prices are in euros, but it is a good way to check your cards value because they've got millions of listings and thousands of sellers. My local gaming shop buys cards and they use this site to decide the value. I was quite happy to find out one of my duplicate cards was worth €18 on this site - I was tempted to sell both of them for store credit, but I resisted the temptations of more booster packs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately, about two days ago (for some of them anyways) I put them up as auction bids, and I am really regretting that. I should have listed them as a Fixed Price. At the current rate the cards are going for far less then I hoped. I think it is too late to take some of them down and put them up now as fixed.

I think for the future ones (non 1st edition, non rare cards) I will them up as lots for the best chance to sell and at fixed prices.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately, about two days ago (for some of them anyways) I put them up as auction bids, and I am really regretting that. I should have listed them as a Fixed Price. At the current rate the cards are going for far less then I hoped. I think it is too late to take some of them down and put them up now as fixed.

I think for the future ones (non 1st edition, non rare cards) I will them up as lots for the best chance to sell and at fixed prices.

You could try to cancel the listing if you feel you are making a terrible error. However, I am not sure what the repercussions may be if you cancel an item with bids on it.

Not ideal, but it happens. As a bidder its frustrating, but understandable if you feel you are losing out on money. Sellers have canceled on me and said they lost the item or canceled the sale because it was too low of a price i won it at.

Back