• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking to get into PvP battles. Any tips?

Years
  • I haven't done that much pvp battling before since the original gold and silver and the mechanics has changed so much since then its mind booggleing. I mainly concentrated on enjoying the game itself and when i did battle got my ass handed to me. Can anyone give me any good tips on where i can go to get tips and lessons or have any themselves? Wish to concentrate on specializing in ghost/dark Pokemon or ghost/dark mixes

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • I haven't done that much pvp battling before since the original gold and silver and the mechanics has changed so much since then its mind booggleing. I mainly concentrated on enjoying the game itself and when i did battle got my ass handed to me. Can anyone give me any good tips on where i can go to get tips and lessons or have any themselves? Wish to concentrate on specializing in ghost/dark Pokemon or ghost/dark mixes

Hi,
    I learned a lot about competitive pokemon/ pokemon PVP through Smogon. It's really good for learning what the best moves are to teach a pokemon, and what evs and natures are best for them.
    Or you can use Pokemon Showdown its really fun, you can make teams of pokemon and battle other people without the hassle of breeding and training them in-game.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful, but I thought I should at least try to give you a hand.

Back