• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks Or Peronality?

Looks or Personality?

• Looks *drool*

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Personality

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • Personality, but if they look good that helps XD

Votes: 63 74.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    So which is it for you, and please be completly honest! if you do go for looks then say so!

Personally i go for personality.. but thats because im soft and like to see more in a girl that a pretty face! ^__^

Though if they have both, i don't really mind XD

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I'll be honest. I look at the personality and looks. I pay more attention to their personality, though.

Alot of you probably don't believe me, but it's true. =/

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2006
    They could have a good personality but, they need to look good. Nice and short, not that smart. Oh, it helps if they know how to play some games. (Videogames, alright!)
    Thats pretty much it. . .
    P.S.
    No dandruff.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    To be completely honest...well now that I think about it, personality defiently overules looks. I had a friend who looked good but not amazing, and I didn't think about wanting to go out with her until I figured she was so like me, she could'ave been my twin.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Looks, looks, I need LOOKS! A woman without amazing curves is no woman at all.

*grunts unpleasantly*

Broken'

You're over-rated.
    Years
    More or less Personality, but i dont want some extremely ugly chick with a great personality. >.<

Years
    I usually go with both. But that just makes me selection smaller...

Anyone who says by pure personality is usually lying or disillusioned.. XD

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I go with personality. Me, my twin and a friend were discussing this not to long ago in her fanclub.

Yeah. It nice to have a girl with looks but if she has a rotten personality or is just boring then what the point of having her. If the girl had personality then you guys can have fun and you will like her more. Looks can only go so far.

I would like to have both but then if you like a girl for their personality then they will look good too. Both would be nice but I voted personality.

Years
    Best poll today! (Even though it's been done before... *shot* XD)

Anyway, I've never really looked for a boyfriend. However, personality matters more to me than looks. Like I said in the past, what good is a hot guy if he has the most rotten personality out there? :/
    Of course, good looks are appriciated... XD

So yeah, I'm one of those "Personality, but if they look good that helps XD" people. :/

Sean Fury

It's tricky
    Years
    Yeah, I guess I'll go ahead and be the shallow one and say looks. BUT, I have good reasoning behind this choice.

Let us say you are single and male (or female, whatever, but for all purposes, let's just say male to make it easier), but also looking for a girlfriend. How would you pick a girl out of a crowd to talk to? Do you know who she is already? No. Do you know her likes and dislikes? No. Do you know if she is overbearing, pretentious, stuck up, or kind, caring, giving, and nice? Noooo. You see that she is mildly (or really) attractive, this is how you get to talk to her. From there on, if you like her personality, you go out with them and you develop feelings based off that.

So, it's a sort of combination for me, but heavily relies on the looks beforehand so there's some interest first.

If anyone understood this post, you get a shiny golden star.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I voted for "Personality... but good looks help as well." I wouldn't mind a "meh" appearance if the person is intelligent, witty, and sweet. However, I do mind the sort of person who's gorgeous but has absolutely no brains to them.

As for Sean, while yes, a person might look for someone interesting-looking to talk to, whether or not you want to keep talking to them might depend on their personality. If they're not your type judging by what they say off the bat, then they're not your type. At least, that's how it goes with me. I'll talk to almost anyone if I feel like it, and if I can tell that they're not the intelligent, kind sort of people I want to hang around, I'll just move on to the next person. So to make it clear, for me, the first impression doesn't begin until the other person opens their mouth. *shrugs*

Of course, I draw the line at "utterly disgusting to the point where hygiene is a foreign concept to this person," but I think it's safe to say that that's not being considered in this discussion.

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I must be lucky, since all the girls I liked had great personality and looks.

So in conclusion, I'm not sure if I look into personality or looks :/

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    It sounds cliché, but definitely personality. ;) Looks are a nice bonus, but I really don't care what someone looks like as long as they're a nice person. :) I wouldn't want someone to look down on me because of what I look like - it's not fair to do the same to them.

--FG

Back