• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lornami Iki

Years
  • I _love_ your colored Pokemon prophiles. The shading is BEAUTIFULLY done.

Also, that O M G cloud is pretty effin' sweet.

:D Wow, my oldie stuff. Thanks. Which one do you like the most? I'ma take a wild guess and say Ninetails.

The O M G cloud was me trying to make more "designs" for pixels, that I can possibly use later. The yellow makes me think of those small crystal hangings from a chandelier.

And as I didn't want to Quadruple Post.
    Lornami Iki

Some more random doodles. I think soon I'll put the not so good stuff in a spoiler, it's starting to clutter up there.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Actually, I'm diggin' on the Igglybuff. <3

You're really good. The rose and the drink glass on the front look like something straight out of an old PC mystery game.

Also, I've stolen saved the picture you just posted. It could definitely be part of a platformer map. I'm gonna make it my desktop background. <3

Years
  • Actually, I'm diggin' on the Igglybuff. <3

You're really good. The rose and the drink glass on the front look like something straight out of an old PC mystery game.

Also, I've stolen saved the picture you just posted. It could definitely be part of a platformer map. I'm gonna make it my desktop background. <3

:o Oh hoh~ Really?

I've never played any old PC mystery games before. Got any pictures I could see?

That's what I was going for, the platformer type thing. Looking at a different forum I go to, I see alot of using white/bright outlines these days. I think I should make a cool character. :o My stick men aren't too great. Looks more like he's flying.

Thinking about the ninetails and such, I remember I had started on the next Ninetails revamp and never finished. It did take a bit, but not as long as I remembered. I had some problems with shading the outline and the tails are so much closer together, but I did something. I just wanted to finish it to finish it.
    Lornami Iki

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Even the bottom tail out with the rest of 'em and adjust the outline and it'll be cool.

That's a stickman? Really? I swear that I thought it was a wrench...

I don't have any at the moment, but I can get you some to show you what I'm talking about. I won't be able to tonight (it's 2 AM here, I'm tired), but I definitely will later today. :3

EDIT: It could also be a tailess dog.

Years
  • Even the bottom tail out with the rest of 'em and adjust the outline and it'll be cool.

That's a stickman? Really? I swear that I thought it was a wrench...

I don't have any at the moment, but I can get you some to show you what I'm talking about. I won't be able to tonight (it's 2 AM here, I'm tired), but I definitely will later today. :3

EDIT: It could also be a tailess dog.

xDD Yes, it's a stick man. Thus why I need to not do stickmen.

Almost 2 AM here too. I just got a little pre-occupied, heh.
    I tried to test it out on my background, but it insists on zooming it. Though sticking it together on paint worked.

Lornami Iki

It should be repeatable. :o

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Oh, you're in Arkansas. I'm in NC.

Oh, cool. I like what you did with the pole and the bottom platform, that'd be fun to just fall in. xD Is it like a level intro screen?

You should invent a character for it. That's not a wrench. :P

Seriously though, that's cool. I'd play a game with that in it.

Years
  • Just gotta dive off Tennessee to get there!

Hehe, I'm not really sure of anything, it's just kinda there to make it repeatable. I'll play more with this idea later, because I am really really tired. |D

If I knew how to play with coding (or possibly flash) I don't think it would be a too complicated game to make.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • I've got a hareware program called YoYo that allows you to make non-rpg's. It's so simple that even I'm fairly skilled with it, and I have a bad tendency of making thins I touch explode. Like Gambit from the X-Men, only without the sexy French accent.

Years
  • Explode? xD That's some bad luck! The program sounds pretty interesting. :o

TAH-DA!

Lornami Iki

It's an extension on my June Contest Entry, and I absolutely love it. Everything but the hands. I still love it though.

To achieve that more "coming from a star" thing here's one with a dark background.
    Lornami Iki

Last edited:

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • The arms are kinda wonky, but you got rid of the straight lines in her hair, so it's at least 2.3x better. :D

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • I like the your new pixel art, is it inspired from the one you made for the last pixel art contest? It seems that you are eager to learn how to work with limited colors now.

Years
  • It's an extension of the one from the last contest. And...I guess I'm leaning how to use a limited pallet, but I'm not really putting forth an effort to do anything new with it.

Update:
    Lornami Iki

Tried to do SOMETHING with those wonky arms. D:
    Also fixed the hair up some more.

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • Personally, heh I think I like your avatar the most. I like the work you're putting into the pixel over, though I hope to see something later on of your original works with that kind of detail, because I think that'd be really amazing.

Ayselipera

I'm no spriter, but out of all the work I've seen so far I like yours the best.
    Especially your Avatar, it really is beautiful.

Years
  • Personally, heh I think I like your avatar the most. I like the work you're putting into the pixel over, though I hope to see something later on of your original works with that kind of detail, because I think that'd be really amazing.

I'm happy that you like it the most, it's one of the things I've worked pretty hard at.
    I haven't really worked on that pixel over for a long time because I've been focused more on actually making something. I WISH I could make something with that detail as well. 5 shades per color doesn't seem too far out of reach! owo

I'm no spriter, but out of all the work I've seen so far I like yours the best.
    Especially your Avatar, it really is beautiful.

Well it's not always true, but at least alot of art today is for the everyday person, so you are the best judge. :3 (I think your signature is hilarious. xD)

____

And creepy smile is creepy.
    Lornami Iki

Eyes make me think of My Life as a Teenage Robot.

So, for the Star Maker (now what I am calling the girl) is there anything obvious that I'm missing?
    I'm really thinking about putting it on this one forum, which contains actual professional pixel artists. ;3; I'm a little scared, they're all so good.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • I think that she'd look kinda cool with an opposingly colored background, but I don't know what that should actually be.

Years
  • I think that she'd look kinda cool with an opposingly colored background, but I don't know what that should actually be.

An opposing color background? Like this?

Lornami Iki

Or do you mean another actual color? I'm trying to work with these four colors only, so I'd have to come up with more of a design or so to put in the background.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • I was talking about a different color, though black might not be bad. What I mainly meant is that I think that it just screams for some sort of background that's an actual image as opposed to just a color. :P

Years
  • I was talking about a different color, though black might not be bad. What I mainly meant is that I think that it just screams for some sort of background that's an actual image as opposed to just a color. :P

Actually make it a scene or image, not a sprite. Which is a good idea!

I just need to brainstorm a little. |D The only think I can think of is putting stars in the background but I have a feeling it will be a little too boring.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Actually make it a scene or image, not a sprite. Which is a good idea!

I just need to brainstorm a little. |D The only think I can think of is putting stars in the background but I have a feeling it will be a little too boring.

Which is precisely why I said that I have no idea what it should be, because that's all that I could think of, too. xD

Back