• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Three Important Icons

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hello, well I am back. But with sad news, we just lost three important icons: Ed McMahon, Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. I swear I am just shocked of what I am hearing. These guys were so great. I grew up knowing about them. Well I was more into Michael than Farrah and Ed because I loved music when I was a kid. So I was into Michael a lot. He was so awesome! His music was so inspirational. For the most part they cheer me up when I feel down. He was just legendary. But anyway, I am going to miss him. I hope you guys who loved him or his music you will remember him too. He is truly the King of Pop and I will never forget that.

Now with Ed and Farrah, dang...I am going to miss them too. Again, I grew up knowing about them too.

2009 is the worst year ever for celebrities and the music industry. We are losing famous people in a very young age. It wasn't time for them to go! Not at all. *sigh* Music has truly died and I don't think it will be the same again. I am gone, hopefully I will get to sleep. Take care everyone. Pay respects to Michael, Farrah, and Ed.

Bye.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Ed? Gawd, I remember him. He was great.
    And as for Farrah Fawcett, I just heard about it, I loved her in Charlies Angels.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I remembered Ed from Star Search and The Johnny Carson Show. I loved Farrah's hair. It was beautiful and she was great in Charlie's Angels.

And Michael...he made a inspiration towards everyone. If it wasn't for Michael, we wouldn't have so many musicians right now. So yeah...*sigh* So tragic. Yes he was a true icon. I totally agree.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I liked Thriller and Beat It by him. :[

Sucks that they died. :[
    My mom was upset about that as well.

Years
  • I didn't know Ed McMahon died on Tuesday. They mentioned him when I watched coverage of Michael Jackson's death on Fox News. I knew that Farrah Fawcett was battling cancer and I was shocked to hear that she died as well.

I feel like watching some more coverage now.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    naoi.;bt14107 said:
    I liked Thriller and Beat It by him. :[

Sucks that they died. :[
    My mom was upset about that as well.
    I am sorry to hear that your mom was upset. D: I was mostly upset when Michael died. I loved those songs. He had so many great songs. But Ed and Farrah were awesome though. But I don't know them too much as much as Michael. I grew up listening to his music! I was 8 years old when I first heard about him. I learned that he was with the Jackson 5 and other stuff when I got older.

Mario The World Champion said:
    I didn't know Ed McMahon died on Tuesday. They mentioned him when I watched coverage of Michael Jackson's death on Fox News. I knew that Farrah Fawcett was battling cancer and I was shocked to hear that she died as well.

I feel like watching some more coverage now.
    Yep, he died on Tuesday. I found that out when I went through Yahoo! Their deaths weren't that much expected because they were batting something they had. Now Micheal on the other hand...his was unexpected. It is such a tragic. It seems famous people die in threes...it is scary. 2009 is the definitely the worst year ever. Oh yes I will be watching coverage for a while now. I want to know how Michael got a heart attack.

Last edited:
    Back