• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lotterylocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Welcome to the LotteryLocke challenge, a challenge where its always about the luck of the draw. Lets get started.
    Rules:
    When you ctach your first pokemon, you must permanently box your starter.
    No legendaries
    If a pokemon faints in or out of battle it is considered dead and stored within the PC.
    Whenever you enter a new route, you must randomly generate a pokedex number ranging form 1 to whatever the max number is for the game you are playing.
    One you have generated the number, you must hack that pokemon into the route, and try to ctach it. If you dont manage to ctach it, then you may not catch any other pokemon on this route.
    If you catch an evolved pokemon, it must be within the route's normal level restrictions. (Sorry, no Draognites early on.) If for example, you were to enter a route where the normal pokemon would be levels 3 to 8 and you roll a Dragonite, you would insted insert a Dratini instead.
    Example Sign Up:
    Username: monsterhair005
    Game: Crystal​

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Simple enough, sign me up for Emerald

User: Ajin
    Game: Red

Also, is the Universal Randomizer allowed, for simplicity's sake?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    This feels way too similar to a Randomizer Nuzlocke, only you have to put in the Pokemon yourself, which seems bothersome to do EVERY route. Also you don't get the variety of a Randomizer because it only affects pokemon you catch. Your spelling and layout is also pretty weird. Don't reinvent the wheel and then remove a spoke.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    It feels similar because it is one. And just like there are many rules, and ways to nuzlocke, there are many ways to randomlocke. The one you're thinking is probably a full randomizer (trainers, encounter, types, abilities, TMs, etc.) or a partial randomizer. This one is just stricter in the random part.

I do agree that the OP could be made clearer though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Seems that I completely overlooked where the signup part says "example sign up" so I'm inclined to believe the OP isn't coming back. If I've misunderstood, OP, then you're free to message me to clarify and let me know if you meant for that to be your real sign up.

Also, in the future guys, it's not your job to snub the OP and tell him everything that's wrong with the challenge, especially right here in the thread where everyone can say it. You're free to message the OP and talk to them one on one with suggestions and concerns, but don't sit here and gang up on someone in the thread. It's disrespectful, rude, and embarrassing for the OP. I encourage people to help out challengers if they've missed something or made something unclear, but not in this fashion.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back