• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LOZ: A Link to the Past

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    The best Zelda game, hands down, I love the mirror glitch, I can beat it without dying too.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    And your only reason for calling it the best zelda is for the glitch? Wow. It is good you cannot say it isn't but when it comes to all the games LttP is certainly not the best. It also has to do with prefences and all but if you give it an overall look(the series) it has to be either WindWaker or Majora's Mask simply for being Zelda but being radically different in an excellent way.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    People love ALttP. I'm not sure why. Weird in-game character designs (everyone looks really tall and narrow) and sloppy controls.

To me, the original Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (I see it as one long game), and The Minish Cap are the best and most influential (in terms of game design. ALttP clearly is most important for story and content) games in the series. What Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask brought to dungeon design influenced future titles much more than what A Link to the Past did. LA also had more town than ALttP. It introduced the first trading-sequence too, as well as having multiple customizable item buttons.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    In influence yes you are right but LttP did bring along the first ideas of a sacred world for the triforce so we can't exactly rule that out. Or is that storywise?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    In influence yes you are right but LttP did bring along the first ideas of a sacred world for the triforce so we can't exactly rule that out. Or is that storywise?
    I'd mark that down as story.

Dual-worlds, Ganondorf, myth of the Triforce, the Master Sword, etc. In the story department ALttP was very important to the rest of the series. Gameplay and game design? I think the games I listed have that beat

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I'd mark that down as story.

Dual-worlds, Ganondorf, myth of the Triforce, the Master Sword, etc. In the story department ALttP was very important to the rest of the series. Gameplay and game design? I think the games I listed have that beat
    And windwaker kinda with huge overworlds and a different graphic style for that series.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Not saying I love it because of the glitch, that sure is fun to mess with when bored, but the whole story line ingeneral is awesome and amazing. You gotta have a soft spot for Bunny Link!

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I've only started playing AlttP recently, and I can tell why people love it so much. The Dark Overworld theme is one of the best Zelda themes I've ever heard.

Years
    MM fustrated the hell out of me. It would have been much better, due to it's originality, but the time limit thing really kills the Zelda mood. You can't kick back and enjoy it, even with the Backwards Song of Time. Never finished it, I have to say. Or LttP, funnily enough. Although I do love LttP, I find it fairly frustrating and tough. Wind Waker was my favourite, though.

Sorry, I've just turned this into a series discussion. xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    MM fustrated the hell out of me. It would have been much better, due to it's originality, but the time limit thing really kills the Zelda mood. You can't kick back and enjoy it, even with the Backwards Song of Time. Never finished it, I have to say. Or LttP, funnily enough. Although I do love LttP, I find it fairly frustrating and tough. Wind Waker was my favourite, though.

Sorry, I've just turned this into a series discussion. xD
    Go back and give Majora's Mask another shot. You're missing out on a truly wonderful title. One of the best, if not the best, of the Zelda series.

In terms of character development, tone, and dungeon design it kicks Ocarina of Time's butt. It's shortfall is the length. If it was longer, I think most people would find it better than OoT. It's a shame it's overshadowed by its predecessor. The rest of the series should have followed its lead.

The time-mechanism is a non-issue. It never gave me any trouble. Just slow time down and attempt one dungeon per cycle.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is actually the first Zelda game I played. I had heard of games like Majora's Mask and Orcarina of Time, but the thought of some guy in green swinging a sword around just sounded like a generic RPG. A friend sort of forced the game onto me, and although I don't remember much of it, I do remember this: I absolutely loved the game. I still have yet to play the Zelda games considered to be the best (MM, OoT, TP), but the ones I have played have have solidified my love for the LoZ series.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I have to say that The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past is my favorite game in the series, at least storyline-wise, gameplay-wise has got to be Twilight Princess on the GCN. If they remade LttP was a OoT/MM/WW/TP control scheme, I'd probably faint.

jquad_666

AZN
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    ocarina of time is the all time best. great story and you can feel the magic as you play. i know this would dramatically change loz, but they should make a game where link can actually talk. his strange grunts can get irritating

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I have to say that The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past is my favorite game in the series, at least storyline-wise, gameplay-wise has got to be Twilight Princess on the GCN. If they remade LttP was a OoT/MM/WW/TP control scheme, I'd probably faint.
    The idea was briefly considered. It may happen one day. Eiji was interested in doing it.

(Also, play The Minish Cap)

ocarina of time is the all time best. great story and you can feel the magic as you play. i know this would dramatically change loz, but they should make a game where link can actually talk. his strange grunts can get irritating
    Well... I don't Link actually grunts in response to anything during "conversations". I think there's maybe one instance of it in OoT. He's usually just plain silent when someone is talking to him.

According to Miyamoto you are supposed to be Link. Hence the name "Link". The "link" between the character and the player. In his mind it would be awkward for Link to say something that you yourself may not actually say.

Back