• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LoZ:Phantom Hourglass

~{Metal~Ridley}~

Corrupted........
    Years
    I couldn't agree more. Those douchebags cut the game off the second they are at a SLIGHT disadvantage. I stopped playing wi-fi. They can stay when winning, but if it doesn't go there way, oh no!

Regardless, all Zelda fans MUST buy this game. It keeps things fresh with the new controls, while sticking to basics.

yeah every game -without wifi chat- people just quiet like in mario cart ds ,otherwise mario cart is really good

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Is there anything special to do after you beat it?

I did...and I don't see anything :[ Really disappointing.

Sakuya

I will protect Yuki eternally.
    Years
    ^Other than collecting all of the Gems and playing the minigames, I don't think so. Both myself and my brother have played it and its really fun. :D And, by the way, Linebeck is my new favorite Zelda character! <3 He's so awesome! ^^

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
    I like the game.

I just think they shouldn't have forced the 100% stylus use on you. It's a little inprecise to use, especially considering how easy it is for Link to jump off an edge into water/lava. The Boomerang though, and the sailing are made really fun with it though.

But stylisticly, this is game is pure win. Nice environments, colorful characters, the works. And aside from the Ocean King place, I thought the dungeons were fine.

Also, I think the multiplayer is a letdown. Yeah it's fun to play for a while, but some real battle play would have been nice. But I really didn't get this game for the multiplayer though so...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I actually love the all-stylus control. It had me when I first played it, even though I previously had preconceived notions that it was the worst thing in the world.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Meh, I was actually dissapointed by the lack of difficulty and long-ness.

I didn't find the game all that good, the repeat of going in the Temple was just plain stupid.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    On the whole, I totally adored the game, even though I'm not one hundred percent familiar with the Legend of Zelda games (this has been the second Zelda game I've played, ever).

The stylus controls were very nice, colours and environments were lovely, and Linebeck is too awesome xD

Although, as some people have said, I didn't completely like the Temple of the Ocean King. I didn't mind the stealth elements, it's just after the second time, finishing the Temple felt a bit too much like a chore for me.

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
    Don't know if I'd call it the best DS game ever... the game's good, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

I'd give that to Diamond/Pearl for now actually, as they did just about everything right. Took advantage of the DS' quirks without stuffing them down your throat and made REALLY good use of the DS' multiplayer capabilities with the GTS and battling circles.

Zelda:PH really did drop the ball on multiplayer.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Hahaha. Diamond and Pearl good DS games. Hahaha.

I mean, they might be the best GBA games, but let's be fair, they were crap.

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    Hahaha. Diamond and Pearl good DS games. Hahaha.

I mean, they might be the best GBA games, but let's be fair, they were crap.

Last time I checked, Diamond & Pearl were DS games, not GBA...?
    and how are they crap? They're not that different from the majority of the Pokemon games, and you must like at least some aspect of the Pokemon games to be a member of this site. ".

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
    He's probably pointing to the fact that graphically, D/P was not that much superior to later GBA games. Battle wise, that may be valid, but I doubt the world could have been rendered as it was on the GBA.

Though I feel "crap" might be taking it to the extreme. Diffrent strokes for different folks, I guess.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    I enjoyed the game. <3 Returning to the dungeon did get really old, but I did like making the phantoms chase me and out smarting them.

The stylus control didn't bother me all that much. I eventually get used to it.

Lineback is cool. XD; He became like, my second favorite character.

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    So far I've only down two Dungeons. I'm trying to preserve the game for as long as I can. I made the mistake of rushing into Twilight Princess, and completing it within the first week. It didn't take as much out of my life as I would've liked it to, so with Phantom Hourglass I'm trying to take my time as much as possible. I have to agree though, The Ocean Temple really is bad, and definitely the worst part of the game so far, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how the story develops with Linebeck! Everyone seems to really like him, but at so far in my game, he's just been a bit of a liar, so I'm intrigued to see how it goes.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I'm getting the game soon, am looking forward to it. I hear Target in the US has it for US$25 until Saturday, so if you were looking to pick it up it's a good time - I'm hoping a friend will be able to get it for me, as it's AU$60 here even on sale T_T

Back