• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucario or Rukario?

Rukario Or Lucario?

• Total voters

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
  • Originally posted by Outskate
    There is not **** difference. One day you're all going to get used to saying Lucario, even though you say Rukario now, it's going to change. Remember when R/S first came out? We all called Treecko Kimori, and Torchic Achamo. Hey look, just now Squirrel called it Treecko... SO yea, It's going to change, so shut up about Rukario being better and all. There is no **** difference.

And YOU should stop ****ing flaming XD Not all people say the English meaning, so stop being so freakin' n00bish, ok?

(you should meet Edward Elric on sppf X3 Yeah, that'd be hilarious)

But seriously, are you people so naive?

There is no L in the Japanese alphebet. Its spelled out Rukario but pronounced Lukalio.. If your Japanese then you'd pronouce it Rucario (but it would come out sounding like 'Lucalio') but if your American then you'd pronounce it Rukario and it would come out sounding like Rukario..

Remember, they prononce it Rukario but to Americans it sounds like Lucalio..

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Umbra is Latin for Shadow
    I think in Spanish shadow is Umbre
    It has something to do with shadow
    Treecko:tree+gecko

I like Rukario better, it sounds more powerfull

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2007
    Squirrel said:
    Umbereon - ??? What does that have to do with dark
    Nice, 43 posts and no one has answered this properly. (By the way, it's spelled Umbreon)

"Umbra" is a word in the English language. It's an area of completely shadow, usually from an eclipse. It may be similar or the same in other languages, but the fact that no one picked up on English first is rather disturbing...

Anyway, I like Rukario better. Lucario's just one of those stupid purist fanatic things who can't stand having anything remotely changed while translating from Japanese (in my opinion).

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I don't know the English language that well...
    Maybe umbra is used in many languages.
    Latin is older than english, so we're both right

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Rukario - while both are used at Nintendo NSiders, more people are comfortable with Rukario.

Years
  • Squirrel said:
    Lucario isnt a very great name. The new names for pokemon suck.

Charmander - Salamander
    Flareeon - Flare

but then comes

Umbereon - ??? What does that have to do with dark
    Treeko - Tree, that isnt a tree.

Se my point

Rukario sounds cool but it doesnt flwo with pokemon. Lucario is just way to out there.

Treeko lives in trees (or rather, the forrest) and is a gecko. Umbreon goes with the -EON suffix pattern of the eevee evolutions, the prefix umbre- means a dark shadow-like pigment. Sounds appropriate for a dark type, no? ;)

Anyways...I'm going to go with Rukario until they announce an official name for it. It's official enough for now, anyways :P

Bluestar Jet

Aqua Destruction...
    Years
  • Rukario, but it it was brought up as Lucario, then this wouldn't be a poll. :)
    Oh BTW umbreon is "ombre" (french for shadow)

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • When I first heard of the new Legendary,it was Rukario.
    So I stick with Rukario,and,I guess it sounds easier to pronouce(to me anyways.^^)then Lukario.

Back