• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Luck of the cards...

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
  • I was wondering how people are with packs of pokemon cards. I bought my first pack of pokemon cards in years last year and straight off got a shiny (or holo) Cynthia's Rayquaza, next cards i bought the other week had a shiny and a holo Ho-Oh which was just weird, anyone had anything like that? Just curious =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    Well I bought a Royal Frost SD and pulled a machamp prime, then a few days later bought 3 packs, 2 Triumphant 1 Plat got Yanmega prime, shiny swablu, and Dialga #5.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Depending on how long ago you bought your last pack, the rarity distributions may have changed since then. It is now standard to get a 'reverse' holo card in every pack (where the whole card except the picture is holofoil), and there is also a better chance of getting a regular holofoil now than in earlier sets. For example, you could buy six packs of fossil and not get any holofoil whatsoever, whereas six packs of call of legends will guarantee you six reverse holos and probably at least one regular foil as well. Prime cards are also a LOT easier to pull than ex cards and lv X cards, in some diamond and pearl sets you would get only two lv X cards per entire booster box, where primes in the new sets can be 5-6 per box.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I like to buy cards by the box so you are guaranteed some nice pulls eventually :) otherwise I have terrible luck

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    I actually get pretty decent pulls most of the time. It's pretty great. I do buy tins and those Gift box things. I've been buying singles lately tho. My gf did get a Darkrai an Cresselia Legend bottom half from hers. So i believe we get fairly lucky

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I have officially become tired of wasting money on packs, lol. It's just gotten to the point where I've realized that it's far more cost-efficient to just buy singles/trade, and I get enough packs through prereleases and tournaments to know that there is usually nothing mind-blowing in them. Although, during the arceus era I did notice that tins were significantly more likely to contain lv X cards for some reason, it could have just been luck though because I don't find that with tins anymore.

LAF

:D
    Years
  • The first two HG/SS packs I bought, and these were the first boosters I'd bought in at least 2 yrs, had the top halves of both Lugia and Ho-oh :D

Back