• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-oh?

Lugia or Ho-oh?

• Lugia

Votes: 120 69.4%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 53 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Despite me, in general, being a Fire-type lover, I massively prefer Lugia to Ho-Oh. The Power of One was (and still is) my favourite Pokémon film, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    I'm going to say Lugia, as I bought Soul-Silver, and Lugia just looks better than Ho-oh, in my opinion.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Ho-Oh is amazing and underrated, always overshadowed by its counterpart. Ho-Oh has some great movesets, and a gorgeous design, as well as being a phoenix. My second favorite mythical animal.

Overall Ho-Oh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lugia

DLL

Years
  • I'm going for Ho-Oh, I've just generally always preferred it over Lugia and I think that it being a fire type helps, I do always like Fire types. But yeh, I think Ho-Oh although not looking quite as slick as Lugia is just generally more awesome haha.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Lugia is my fav. Putting into account the times i have played with it in Pokemon Silver. I just grown with it

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Likely a cliched answer, but it's Lugia for me. Sure, it's the "overrated" choice here, but Lugia is one of those long childhood favorites that you grew up always admiring. My taste in Pokémon, and all things really, has always been for a more simplistic and modern style design which is what Lugia has always had in my opinion.

For me, Ho-oh's design (and it's typing) has always put me off about it, and it's one of the main reasons I was always more drawn to getting Silver and later SoulSilver than I was to Gold / HeartGold.

Plus you gotta admit, Shadow Lugia from 'Gale of Darkness' was just plain awesome!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love Ho-oh, but I love Lugia more. I preferred his sleek design when I was younger, and his "invisible hamburger" art in HGSS rekindled the flame!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Ho-oh was my pick. Having grown up playing the GBA Gold, with Ho-oh as it's mascot. It was a simple, easy nostalgic choice for me. Although Lugia is equally awesome, it simplistic design quite appealing, although it's typing confusing. I'd rather much prefer it to be Flying/Water, as it does slumber deep at the ocean's surface.

Years
  • Lugia :P Its quite epic,both ingame and in the movie :) Besides that HO-OH (no offense to HO-OH lovers) is like a rainbow chicken xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I like all the flying birds very much, so it's hard to pick. If I were forced to choose 2 it would probably be Zapdos and Ho-oh, but Lugia is very close behind.

Fratunox

The Night Brother
    Years
  • For me, I find Lugia to be more streamlined and pleasing to the eye, so I choose him. Also, I own SS and S, and prefer Lugia over Ho-oh just .. because. HOWEVER, let me tell you that getting it in game is a pain in the butt over Ho-oh.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Please don't bump threads over a month old since the last post, please.

Going to close the thread as a result.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back