• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lugia Pixel Art

Years
    Your lineart looks fairly competent. However, I think you could do without the actual lines. Learn more about anti-aliasing and lighting. In your Lucario piece the lighting is all over the place. Just decide where the light source is and stick with it. Also, it wouldn't hurt to vary your hues a little bit so they don't look so plastic. Instead of transitioning from dark azure to light azure, try something like dark purple to azure to cyan-azure or something. It would make it look more interesting.
    Ah, hue shifting...my palette choices are often fail, so I'll try going back and seeing if I can get it to work. As for lighting though, I did shade it with the intention of the light being in upper-right corner. With this in mind, how to shade the tail really baffled me >< Other than that, I think I can see how the right arm (our left) might be off, but is the rest of it consistent?

~Chibi~

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Holy crap, I wasn't expecting this many replies! Thanks for the comments, everyone! ^^

Hehe, actually I am, or at least, in Digital Arts and Design. Unfortunately they don't have a college course on pixel art. :P

Aaaand, for everyone saying make more, I actually have gotten rather addicted to doing pixel art, as I've done like five more since then. My next one was my favorite Pokemon, Lucario:
    Lugia Pixel Art

Ok goddess of pixel art, sheesh thats great, nothing really at first eye anything to fice, excellent shading though, and yet like another masterpiece. ;D Maybe Id say the "hay" around the waste needs a maybe one more out...but thats not really needed....

Incredible work... to say the least.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2009
    The Lugia is amazing, the only possible flaw I can see that hasn't already been mentioned (and this is at my most nit-picky) is the spikes on the back (from the angle of the tail, the lowest one probably shouldn't be visible).

ҳ̸ҲRichie

SkOria
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    Is amazing work, it's really incredible...
    I don't have suggestions because the three sprites are very good, Lugia principally
    I hope to see more

Years
    Not bad thought I am using a laptop and can't see some of the images, but the ones that I can see is good. Well lets put it this way it is better than what I could do. I will see the others on a better PC/Laptop and get back to you.

Back