• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lying.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Big lies, small lies, tiny "white" lies, and such.

When getting into situations that may end up involving conflict, or any other circumstances, do you try solving them by lying? What if it's yourself that is being lied to? How do they make you feel? What is your reaction, and how do you deal with the problem?

Personally, I try not to to solve everything that troubles me by lying, as I eventually end up leading myself into even bigger situations. Now, if someone I really care about lies to me, then it is much worse, of course. I usually feel somewhat frustrated, and generally confused. I can be a confrontational person when it comes to being lied to, as I normally stand up and discuss about whatever bothers me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I jokingly lie..or twist the truth to make something seem worse than it is, but nothing real major. Not much people need to lie to me anyway.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I do the same as xx Nica xx. I don't really mind if my friends lie to me cuz I do it to them anyway xD j/k

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    Big lies-I dunno.....the only time I ever needed to lie,is when I stole something of much value,and even then,I never got caught.plus I only steal for fun,so I put it back.so I dunno if I would solve a problem like this by lying.and no one has ever made a big lie towards me,so...

small lye-I do it to amuse people...>.>...so yes I solve this problem by lying,I guess...and I've been lyed to before.

white lie-yes,I do this all the time.people do it to me.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't lie about very big things that could ruin something such as a realtionship with someone close to me. However, if it's not a big deal and the lie isn't going to hurt anyone, I generally will to get out of uncomfortable situations. Such as, saying I got a higher grade then I really did or the plans I have if I don't want to see someone.

Nothing too big and I don't do a lot.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    My language arts teacher was discussing this same issue in class. We were on the topic of how The truth is a big concept, and she said that lies have so color, or size because what might be a small lie now, may become a huge lie tomorrow because of certain circumstances. As for me i a lie almost all the time. Maybe it's just because i get into trouble a lot, or something. but i just don't tell the truth a whole lot, unless i need to, or it'll solve the problem quicker. But i don't really lie a lot to my friends, because they're my friends. But i don't have many to lie to anyway.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    If I know the person can take a joke, I'll lie but then say I lied xD
    I face my problems to see what'll happen to me afterwards. I don't lie unless I really need to. Which won't happen often. I can usually cope with punishment which is why I just tell the person what they want to hear. Good or bad, it's the truth that they'll get.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
    Years
    I dislike being lied to, and avoid lying unless I'm supposed to keep something secret.
    (Because then we'd have:
    Little Brother: Did I get (insert toy here) for Christmas?
    Me: Yes.
    Surprise ruined, y'see.)

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I tend to only lie when i'm in trouble. Its a kneejerk reaction for me to do so when i feel threatened. However under normal circumstances, I don't lie to people on purpose. Lying to friends is a no-go for me, unless i'm absolutely sure that it is going to be better not to tell them the truth. Even then it will haunt me, since I easily feel shame and embasserment. Its also the reason that i rarely garnetee or promise things too, since I have a bad habit of doing the opposite or forgetting things.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I try not to lie when I'm in trouble, but doing that is quite hard for me. Like, when I forget to bring my homework to school, and I need a decent excuse. Other than that, I don't really think I lie much... Okay, maybe when I joke around with my friends, but I only use small lies for that.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    I'm sort of mixed. If I lie then get caught then I tell the truth. It's like, I can't get in any more trouble...

Years
    I don't tell big lies, but I sometimes lie not to hurt someone or not to spoil their fun (by not telling them that I don't enjoy what they like).

I don't think people lie to me a lot, they probably just lie in the same way I do...

Years
    I try not to lie about too much stuff, but it's an impulsive action for some cases. I usually end up lying about a grade in something because people will bug me if I get a lower grade than them, since I have a stupid 4.0 GPA that makes people think I'm a genius. All it does is create a big social mess though. ;P

And, uh... if I don't feel like going home (dad and I don't get along well, so I try and stay away from the stress), I'll say my friend's car died or something.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I used to lie all the time. I mean if you checked back through my posting history and go through some of the personally topics I've replied to, most of them will probably be lies. But, I got sick recently and I became really cautious of everything around me. It took roughly two and half months for me to fully recover and I started to tell the truth more, and whenever I couldn't or thought it best not to lie, I just wouldn't say anything at all. I've also become somewhat suspectible to Karma, and I've been trying not to think and do bad things, since I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get my fair share if I do.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Why no, I never lie.

:O...

Though, well, I lie sometimes, but in a way that won't harm others. =x

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Nope, I don't lie, never do and never intend to, not even little lies, because I am firmly against it and tend not to like people who lie to me either. I base myself on trust, and well, no matter how tough the truth is, I won't hold back in saying it. And I have began to like my truthful self for that one matter.. lol

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I've never lied in my life (yea thats a lie right there) umm I lie to get out of things, that I don't want to do. I use to lie alot when I was little and then I stopped because I grew up

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    Well.. I try to avoid even the smallest of lies. Some time ago I was in a period when I lied quite a lot. To my friends and it wasn't the most fun thing to do so then I decided not to lie as much as possible. So now I'm really trying not to tell even white lies, lies that most of ppl wouldn't even mind. Instead I try to avoid answering the question. I think it's better.

The only occasion that I will lie, wheter I will tell a small lie or even a big one, is when I have fights with my mother. We have serious problems since I was a small kid and that is also why I think that when I have to lie to her, I have a good reason to do so.

PokemonLegends

Let's Be Friends
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2007
    I lie sometimes but not harmful lies but i really stop lying when i grew up cause i realized many things about lying and those things are i don't like to happen.

Back