• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lyrics Challenge Revived

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    What it is?

In The Lyrics Challenge, you pick any song that you'd like, and pick Pokemon according to any lines in the song. You can pick as many Pokemon/lines as you want. For an example, you can look at my sign up at the bottom of this post. This is a really simple Challenge to figure out!

Rules

1.) Trading is permitted, as long as you trade them over at a low level, early in the game.
    2.) Hacking in a Pokemon is also allowed, under the same circumstances as the previous rule.
    3.) You are free to do an Ultimate Lyrics Challenge if you want! Just be sure to notify me of what games you will be using.The games can be done at any order
    4.) The challenge ends when:

RBY,FRLG - Defeat the E5(E4 plus champ)
    GSC,HGSS - Defeat Red
    RSE - Defeat Steven and/or get 7 gold medals at Battle Frontier(Emerald)
    DPPt - Defeat Cynthia twice and/or get 5 colored prints at Battle Frontier(Platinum)
    BW - Defeat Alder

5.) You can also do this for the spinoff games Pokemon Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness. (In which case, the game ends after beating Evice or Greevil respectively)
    6.) For the sake of the Challenge, no legendaries.
    7.) You can use HM slaves, as long as they are not part of your 'actual party'. However, this does not prevent you from actually teaching an HM move or two to one of your Pokemon in your party
    8.)Parodies can be used,just keep it PG13
    9.)Hacked games too,as long as the hacks don't have things like 99 rare Candies on yor PC
    10.) Have fun!

Challengers

RBY

GSC

RSE

Whattever[Born This Way-Lady GaGa/Pikachu,Jynx,Houndoom and Sceptile]

DPPt

BW

FRLG

HGSS

Col/Xd

Hacks

Ultimate

KoboraX[Meiyuu Butterfly-Shugo Chara/Buterfree,Haunter,Pidgeot]
    My signup
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    I'm going ultimate, starting Yellow with Meikyuu Butterfly from the anime Shugo Chara, and Silver with the MLG song from Sanity Not Included.

Shugo Chara (Utau Hoshina) - Meikyuu Butterfly

A shadow of desire covered the squirming city --> Haunter. Ghost + Invisibility = Shadow of desire.
    The lost butterfly --> Butterfree, who is geneticlly a butterfly.
    The wings in your concealed chest sing of freedom --> Pidgeot, as a result of...well, wings.

Sanity Not Included - The MLG Song

Hoarding power weapons --> Ampharos is a powerhouse in my opinion.
    When you get killed "it's luck" --> Delibird. I'll be lucky just to beat the game with it in my party.
    It's because you SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK (There might be more or less Us.)! --> Umbreon. It sucks in my opinion in Colo, so I think he sucks in general.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    If I got it Meikyuu Chou for Yellow and MLG Song for Silver on an Ultimwte?COrrect me if I got it wrong.Added

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2014
    I'll do HeartGold.

Let's see, Shine by Hillary Duff.

/'Till you come along and brighten my day/ -Ampharos (We use electricity to brighten our day)

/Everyone knows that you kill the thunder/ - Donphan (Immune to electric attacks)

/To see right through the haze/ -Typhlosion (Smokescreen counts as a type of haze, I guess...)

/You're underneath my wings/ -Pidgeot (Has wings)

/You know you save me/ -Dragonite (In the Team Rocket base in Mahogany Town Lance shows up with his Dragonite right when Ariana and a grunt challenge the player to a battle together and helps the player)

/With tears of joy/ -Blastoise (Tears are wet)

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    Pokemon Crystal is my game of choice. My choice of music is boulevard of broken dreams, by Greenday.

I walk a lonely road --> Cubone, he is the lonely pokemon.
    Where the city sleeps --> Hypno, hypnosing the city to sleep.
    My shadow's the only one that walks beside me --> Haunter, the shadow.
    On the border line --> Heracross is BL tier according to Smogon.

So my team is: Marowak, Hypno, Haunter and Heracross.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    So far in Yellow, I'm up to the Rock Tunnel, heading to Lavendar to get a Gastly. So far, here's my current team...

Lyrics Challenge Revived

Silver X (Butterfree) Lv. 29
    Moves: Tackle, Poisonpowder, Supersonic, Confusion

Lyrics Challenge Revived

Night Wing (Pidgeotto) Lv. 29
    Moves: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind​

sure25

Open Agent (For Now)
    Years
    I'm choosing "Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold" in pokemon Pearl. Team is going to be: Zubat (Title of the song) and Chimchar (Chorus)

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    I started my adventure. I chose for Cyndaquil as my starter because it's the coolest one. I did the starting things so I could catch myself a Gastly. I used Cyndaquil to beat Falkner, since gastly cannot touch normal types. Then I handily beat the sprout tower, went to Azalea town, but then my game crashed and I'm back to the part just after the sprout tower.

Gastly lvl 14
    Lick
    Mena look
    Spite
    Hypnosis

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    Well...I beat Yellow at last. Silver is up next...sadly.

Team Blissy (Final)

Lyrics Challenge Revived

Silver X (Butterfree) Lv. 48
    Final Stats: 144/64/77/92/105
    Moves: Mega Drain, Toxic, Supersonic, Psybeam​

Lyrics Challenge Revived

Night Wing (Pidgeot) Lv. 48
    Final Stats: 165/103/99/109/97
    Moves:
    Fly, Rest, Quick Attack, Take Down​

Lyrics Challenge Revived

Spooky (Haunter) Lv. 51