• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mac or PC? Which do you prefer?

Mac or PC

• Mac

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • PC

Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I'm just wondering who likes a PC or Mac.
    Theres also a poll so you can vote.

Which do you like and why

I like the PC because Macs are difficult to use and they have bad taskbars

That's because they don't have a "taskbar".

You and your parentals must have been pretty stupid to get a virus when using Windows. Less pr0n/warez/limewire = less viruses :D

And that costs money some people just don't have, it's easier just to buy the Mac OS software and install it as a dual boot on your current Windows machine :3

Honestly why bother buying boot camp and then buying Windows when you can get the mac for less than $200

Maybe you should try informing yourself before you make another post like that. Boot Camp comes free with every Mac at no additional cost.

Years
  • Depends on what I want to do.

I normally just use a PC.
    And I prefer a PC. I have grown up with Windows and that won't change quickly.

I do like Macs though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Most of the software I use require Windows, so I usually use that. If Macs really are less prone to freezing and crashing, I'd love to be able to switch - crashes are the worst part about Windows.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    anyways PC have more things compatible and they are easiler to operate

Eh, not easier to operate at all
    I have used both as a home computer and I bought a Macbook Pro when I had a choice because Macs are so much easier
    e.g. with a quick cmd+space you can search your entire computer, it's just things like these that make it better (plus its more aesthetically pleasing)

Although compatibility with games and such is an issue that isn't Apple's fault -- just get crossover games and crossover normal. Or WINE for the terminal. There are countless ways to run windows applications on a mac

Boot Camp comes free with every Mac at no additional cost.
    right but you still have to buy an additional OS. (Parallels is better anyway...)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't know about everyone else, but I have Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 DVDs and I know that a lot of people have Windows 7. Who's to say you can't install that? Chances are most people will upgrade their Operating System whenever a new Operating System is released by the distributor or already have multiple Operating System installation DVDs. You could always use that. There's really no need to buy another Operating System from the one you already have, especially considering that there's a release candidate of Windows 7 available for download at anytime free of charge. So having to buy an additional Operating System doesn't seem like a good retort of the Boot Camp feature available for Mac OS X.

Just sayin'.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I'd have to say that my preference is towards the PC. When it comes to any kind of graphic work, i would almost say Mac, but then again, with PC's where they are now, they're almost (or are) equal. The only thing I really don't like about the Mac vs. PC ad's, though, is this whole "PC's get tons of viruses and have all kinds of problems" BS. I've been using avast! in Windows for 2years now, and I have yet to get an infection. I have also never had a problem with my OS. With the proper protection in any OS, you'll almost never have any problems. Also the fact that those commercials never shine the light upon the fact that you can install more than just Windows on a PC. But, when I get too peeved about the commercials, I always watch the "Mac Swith Parody Ad by Hunter Cressell" (look it up on YouTube, it's hilarious). :D

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Macs suck. You can build a PC for just as good if not better for the fraction of the price. The only reason to have a Mac is if you want to look like a rich snob.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    especially considering that there's a release candidate of Windows 7 available for download at anytime free of charge. So having to buy an additional Operating System doesn't seem like a good retort of the Boot Camp feature available for Mac OS X.

Just sayin'.

oh. *Goes and downloads windows 7* it isn't available for free download anymore.
    Anyway I like macs better, so.

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
  • Really? I don't find you have to be a geek to use it...well Ubuntu anyway.

All you do is follow the simple install wizard, which includes selecting it to install along side you existing OS, then once up and running go straight into the package manager and install the Gstreamer codecs, next install dvdcss for playing encrypted DVD's, and finally the w32codecs package for playing Real/Windows Media Formats/Quicktime, then your done! Simple.

Later on to install a program all you do is open the package manager, search for it, click to install, done.

I'm not using Ubuntu though, I'm using Yellow Dog. I'm doing a project with programming for the cell processor on a PS3, and the cell SDK only runs on Fedora-based systems. And the lack of RAM on a PS3 means that most programs with a graphical user interface run rather slowly, so I'm stuck with command line. Command line for everything from package installation to finding files to compiling. And that does require being a geek.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • God, I hate Macs. I have to deal with them all the time in my Commercial Art class, they're such a pain.
    So yes, PCs = <3.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I was forced to use a Mac for my CS lab last year and I really disliked it. I've always used Windows and some of the small differences really irked me, namely the one button mouse and using the apple key instead of the ctrl key for everything. I understand that they are small things I could probably get used to, but small things can add up to be really annoying.

I also found it really confusing to use, in general, and most things took me at least twice as long to do, although that is probably just because I'm used to using windows. Overall I prefer PCs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    PC FTW

MAC FTL

w00t!!!

amiright?
    No, you're not.

I find it most curious that Mac users are generally along the lines of "Oh, I prefer Mac. Nothing against PC's, of course; but Mac deals with my needs better". Compared to Windows users whom are typically "LOL WINDOZ FOR THE WIN MAX SUUUUXXXX". Why the hate and animosity? Is it like homophobia, where you are seekritly wish you were Mac users?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

• No, you're not.

I find it most curious that Mac users are generally along the lines of "Oh, I prefer Mac. Nothing against PC's, of course; but Mac deals with my needs better". Compared to Windows users whom are typically "LOL WINDOZ FOR THE WIN MAX SUUUUXXXX". Why the hate and animosity? Is it like homophobia, where you are seekritly wish you were Mac users?
    It's actually kind of funny because if this thread were a year ago, it would've been almost the opposite, iirc. XD; Mac users used to be SO obnoxious on PC.

Anyway, idk if I've replied yet. Don't think so. I honestly haven't used a mac for more than 10 minutes at a time so I can't say which one I prefer but if I had to go out and buy a computer right this minute, it'd almost definitely be a PC and not a Mac. :( I can't afford a Mac. But I'm not gonna vote since I have no grounds to prefer one or the other.

I'm inclined to like Windows more simply because those aforementioned obnoxious Mac fans really, really used to bother me.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Mac users are obnoxious everywhere. Don't ever try asking them for help. Forum goers freak out if you suggest there's something wrong with your sacred Mac

That's really my only complaint with my Mac. I <3 it otherwise.

Back