• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mac or PC? Which do you prefer?

Mac or PC

• Mac

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • PC

Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No hard feelings towards the Mac and Windows folks out there, but Linux has met any possible computing need I've ever needed. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mac for Dreamweavering and Photoshop, but I rarely used it for anything else. Most of the time I'm carrying my snazzy new System76 Gazella Ubuntu Ultra laptop . Yes you have to be somewhat a geek to work with Linux ( Although the nice folks at Canonical have done a nice job making Ubuntu as user friendly as possible ), but if you are a geek, Linux provides you with all the tools you'll ever need to do anything computer related.

So for the time being, my favourite hardware manucatuerer is System76, and my favourite software developer is myself and the rest of the Linux development community. >:3

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    I would prefer a PC as a Gamer's computer, also for development since with PC's you can have access to a wide range of libraries and Net. Framework 3. However I would pick a Mac for a Designer work, and general home entrainment.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I ultimately favor Mac over PC but I just got a new PC so I may convert eventually.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021

Sorry; this is a Mac vs PC thread. No-one cares about your amateur built OS; please stay on topic.
    'scuse me but, Linux offers far more stability and security than Mac and Windows, calling it amateur is pretty ludicrous coming from someone who I can guess has never even used it.
    Nearly all the posts are fanboy ratings, so it's ******** to attack my posts for that reason.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    People keep saying Vista is buggy, and that it crashes, and that it's slow. I don't see what they're talking about. I have Vista and I haven't had a single annoyance or problem with it. I've seen things freeze more often on a Mac than on a PC.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    'scuse me but, Linux offers far more stability and security than Mac and Windows, calling it amateur is pretty ludicrous coming from someone who I can guess has never even used it.
    Nearly all the posts are fanboy ratings, so it's ******** to attack my posts for that reason.
    I used Ubuntu as my primary OS for six months, prior to my switch to OSX in September of last year. I'd say that experience makes me more than qualified to write off Linux as an OS that reeks of inconsistent design philosophy; awkward direction and needlessly complex procedures and requirements for the most simple tasks. Without the over-arching eye of Microsoft or Apple to ensure a consistent user experience and mostly consistent direction of design; Linux will always look and feel like a patchwork desktop OS; cobbled together by amateurs without any sense of coherent philosophy.

I understand there are some users who legitimately prefer Linux for the work they undertake; but you're just another "homg h8 microsoft cuz its cool d00d" that turns to Linux as some sort of "rebellion" that makes little sense.

Anyway; can you please stop derailing this thread with your nonsense? Just note down what you prefer out of Windows and OSX and move on. Oh, and maybe take that ridiculous advertising out of your PC theme; you look like one of those guys who walk around wearing some companies A-frame-billboard~

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years

Sorry; this is a Mac vs PC thread. No-one cares about your amateur built OS; please stay on topic.

The title says Mac or PC, which when I hear of Mac or PC I think of the Hardware.

There was no indication to it being a Windows or OS X thread. I suggest it change to that title instead.

So back on topic

I prefer a well built PC anyday.

ReignOfComputer

~éXtRéMé HaXoR~
    Years
    I'm a PC (Windows) person. Personally I hate Macs, although I have 2 of them in my house. As a system builder I usually like overclocking, which you apparently can't do with a Mac. Also, Macs are prone to overheating, especially when most of them rely on Passive Cooling. I also like being able to upgrade part by part, and that is something only PCs can usually offer.

Not to mention, since much more people are still using Windows, more applications and stuff are coded for Windows and Windows only. For those complaining that Windows gets much more viruses, it's inevitable. Suppose you are a virus maker, would you code a virus for an OS which has many users or one that has just a few compared to the other?

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
    I'm a PC user. As a hobbyist game designer, I find it far easier to work on a PC then a Mac. I personally have nothing against Macs, but I do hate it when fanboys say PCs crash and get viruses and what not. That's simply not true. My PC hasn't crashed since I got it, it hasn't got a single virus, no spyware of the sort.

Really, if someone wants to use a Mac, go for it, but if you bash my compy for untrue things, you can expect the same from me. =)

As for Linux, I've tried it, but it's not my thing. Also, Ubuntu hates my current hardware with a passion for some reason. I'll stick with Windows for now.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    That's simply not true. My PC hasn't crashed since I got it, it hasn't got a single virus, no spyware of the sort.
    Yeah, it kind of is. Even I've gotten viruses, though in my defense, that was before I invested a significant amount of time into learning and understanding malware and how it works. I see a significant number of PCs with viruses that my friends bring to me. It may just be that you don't go to the kind of places that tend to give you viruses, that's my guess.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I was a PC girl my entire life until I saved up and bought a Mac. Now I don't think I'll ever go back. The Mac is just far easier to use interface-wise* and is geared towards more creative tasks, as Apple recognised years ago that the graphical interface would be of more use to users. (A bit like the Commordore Amiga.) Also, whenever there is a problem with my MacBook I can take it to a Western Computers store and have them look at it, rather than having to send it back to the manufacturers and pay for shipping either way. -.-

* Ehhh, I just can't describe it. There are so many little things that make the Mac great. Just little things that make you think "oh, that's so handy!" And yes, they do still crash and have viruses, but the resolutions are always far easier than the ones provided by Micro$oft. :3

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    i like pc best cuz well i want to play games
    Boot Camp, Parallels, CrossOver, and native Mac game say hi

* Ehhh, I just can't describe it. There are so many little things that make the Mac great. Just little things that make you think "oh, that's so handy!" And yes, they do still crash and have viruses, but the resolutions are always far easier than the ones provided by Micro$oft. :3
    I agree with this. Just...all the little touches. The polish. It just works. There's no real way to describe it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years

Boot Camp, Parallels, CrossOver, and native Mac game say hi
    Five frames per second says "hi" back... on the games where that actually works. With the exception of boot camp, which requires a Windows install anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Five frames per second says "hi" back... on the games where that actually works. With the exception of boot camp, which requires a Windows install anyway.
    Axshaully, Parallels and VMware Fusion have pretty acceptable DirectX8-era game capability. Suuure, it's not cutting edge stuff but it gives you a pretty significant back-library; and between Crossover and Cider I'm able to play games like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Red Alert 3 all perfectly acceptably under OSX.

And hey, it's not perfect; but both are really great technological examples of what the WINE project can do.

Back