• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mad Cow Disease. A another worry in the US

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Yay! that makes 3 Albertians for PC ;P
    I'll laugh out loud so hard if it's Edmonton XD
    Does it count if you lived in Edmonton for 5 years of your life? ^_^;;

Anyway... Missingno Baby, to answer your question: they nicknamed the disease "mad cow" because of the way cows act when they start showing the symptoms. They'll get dizzy and they'll walk sort of funny. o_o; Therefore, it seems like they've gone mad.

Arwen

Beautiful Elf Maiden(Mod)
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Yay! that makes 3 Albertians for PC ;P
    I'll laugh out loud so hard if it's Edmonton XD

Well... Edmonton is the capital of Alberta so obviously I'm eating beef from "infected zone". I'm perfectly fine still talking and breathing and my heart is breathing (i think). As I said before, you may have gotton Mad Cow disease already as it shows its symptoms up to 7 years later after the infection. So pretty much you're not helping anything at all if you stop eating beef now, unless you quitted eating beef ever since 1997 then I suppose you can keep up the "banning."
    Do you eat ground meat?

I gave up ground meat while back.. -_-

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I'm Not at Risk and I will tell you why... I dont eat Beef or Pork because its against my whole existance.. And If I ever Do eat Beef, I know where its coming from not the Supermarkets that contract this Disease.

YAS1

What's this...?
    Years
  • Arwen said:
    Chicken is better than beef! It's less fatting!!!

:P
    Oh, please! Beef is as good as chicken! Have you ever heard of chicken ham? *raspberry*Oh and BTW, I had fried chicken today for lunch at school! Have a cow man!
    0808beach2.jpg

Last edited:

Tweak

good thing i never really liked beef that much, i prefer chicken and turkey cause they taste better. the only time i like beef is in a burger or a taco.

japan tests all its cattle for the disease, versus the fact that USA only tests 20000/35 million =-= that is a SMALL fraction. :) o well, if u get the disease u get it. *crunches on a taco and eats a mcdonalds cheeseburger*

Legendary Anime

Old Legendary Monster
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 25, 2004
    igtica said:
    lol this never made a difference to me being vegetarian, but here in the UK we've been there and done that. To be honest there's nothing to worry about for all you US carnivous types. Mad cows disease and foot and mouth has effected out cattle, but there was bearly any effects on humans, except the crisis of loss of cattle and revenue. Besides I'm sure it'll be controlled easily.

argh i just realised how formal this post was :P well thats what I get for going on PC and revising at the same time. :p soz about that.

I'd be a vegetarian easily if it wasn't for the fact that without meat, you lack protein which is very unhealthy.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Chicken is better. Like Arwen said It's Less fattening, and it has just as much protein as beef, Chicken has saved my life, Not beef. Beef is NOT good at all.

My Whole family ( From Grandmother to Little Cousins ) eat Chicken, Fish and Turkey.. Its better for you if you want to live a long life.

Remember everyone, Think of the Suffering people in India who DONT eat BEEF and then you will know.

Shingo`

The `Latios` Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2004
    >_> note: stay away from burgers;
    meat from like 4000 cows could be in one, buy the organic kind (the ones that are fed what nature put on their menu: grass)

Tweak

i eat organic chicken eggs. =D the brown colored ones. but i think da brown colored and white colored eggs taste the same.

USA imports cattle from mexico...think about it, mexico, a country who's health standard are below that of USA. very smart move USA. ^_^;;; but it is cheaper and all those cattle people are thinking about is profit.

hey! jack in the box has turkey burgers! and most places have chicken and salads. you'll just have to go to KFC more now.

i like that cow picture! (on the beach)

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Arwen said:
    Well, everyone heard about the infected cow that was found in the US during vacation?

I did... I gave up beef because of this... (I can live without beef for a while... though...)

Symtoms that I heard in a human is: Depression, forgetfullness, holes in brain.
    Oh well, why not eat Tauros instead? Pokemon surely won't get infected XDDD

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Cosmos said:
    Uh oh, I just ate prime rib for dinner and that is beef. Hopefully I don't get infected with the mad cow disease o_o

Like I said, it's only the ground beef and sausage you have to worry about...not muscle cuts. ?_?;;

Back