• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Made a team. Not sure if it'll work online...

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
Years
  • When I decided to get pokemon x, I instantly got to making my team. After several revisions, I have a final product, but I have the feeling it's not as good as I think it is.

The team is as follows:

Greninja(Preyas)@Life Orb
    -Protean-
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    (Timid)
    1. Surf
    2. Dark Pulse
    3. Ice Beam
    4. U-Turn/HP Fire

Slowbro@Leftovers
    -Regenerator-
    EVs:
    (
    1. Toxic
    2. Slack Off

Aegislash(Iaido)@Spooky Plate
    -Stance Change-
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    (Quiet)
    1. Shadow Sneak
    2. Shadow Ball
    3. Sacred Sword
    4. Iron Head

Lucario@Lucarionite
    -Justified(Adaptability)-
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    (Adamant)
    1. Close Combat
    2. Bullet Punch
    3. ExtremeSpeed
    4. Swords Dance

Mamoswine@Focus Sash
    -Thick Fat-
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    (Jolly)
    1. Ice Shard
    2. Earthquake
    3. Icicle Crash
    4. Stealth Rock

Trevenant@Sitrus
    -Harvest-
    EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
    (Impish)
    1. Substitute
    2. Leech Seed
    3. Will-O-Wisp
    4. Shadow Claw/Phantom Force

Changes in dark orchid.

Yes, three steel types. I know that might leave my team at a disadvantage, but I didn't know what else to do. Any help is appreciated. Aegislash is staying, however.

EDIT: Ok, adjusted, now, what pokemon should i look out for that could potentially get my team? Just so i know who to switch out on.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Timid is the preferred nature for Greninja. Without it, it fails to outspeed threats like Alakazam and Dugtrio. Extrasensory may be good for in-game runs, but it's not that good competitively outside of hitting Tentacruel harder. It's a good substitute if you don't want to use U-turn and you don't have the right Hidden Power type.:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Beam
    -U-turn/Grass Knot//Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Hasty/Timid
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Protean

Klefki shouldn't use a Naughty nature. That ruins its decent Special Defense, which it may need to take a resisted hit:
    -Spikes
    -Foul Play
    -Thunder Wave/Toxic
    -Play Rough/Dazzling Gleam
    Nature: Impish/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster

or
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Spikes
    -Foul Play/Dazzling Gleam/Play Rough
    Nature: Calm/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Light Clay

or
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -Torment
    -Foul Play
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SDef

Also, consider a Ground resist on the team, like Trevenant or Gourgeist:

Trevenant:
    -Wood Hammer/Horn Leech
    -Earthquake/Rock Slide
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Rest
    Nature: Impish/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/140 Def/116 Spe or 252 HP/140 SDef/116 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure/Harvest

or
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Phantom Force
    Nature: Impish/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/140 Def/116 Spe or 252 HP/140 SDef/116 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Harvest

Gourgeist (Super Size):
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect/Pain Split
    -Seed Bomb/Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
    Ability: Frisk

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • One question: of the pokemon on my team, who is best suited to be sent out at the beginning? I've decided to forgoe hazards, and just have everyone ready to hurt. I just dont know who to send out first. Any tips, guys?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • One question: of the pokemon on my team, who is best suited to be sent out at the beginning? I've decided to forgoe hazards, and just have everyone ready to hurt. I just dont know who to send out first. Any tips, guys?

Forgoing hazards isn't a good thing because missing out on OHKOs/2HKOs is annoying. Greninja is a good lead because its offensive pressure forces a lot of switches.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • If Aegislash is staying it needs to be reworked. One of the biggest reason to play it is Kings Shield, which activates Stance Change.

Aegislash
    Adamant
    252 HP/252 Attk/4 Def

Shadow Sneak
    Kings Shield
    Swords Dance
    Iron Head/Sacred Sword

If prediction is right Shield & swords dance can lead to a good set up allowing Aegislash to get some KO's.

Aegislash needs and adamant nature to be effective as a physical attacker.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If Aegislash is staying it needs to be reworked. One of the biggest reason to play it is Kings Shield, which activates Stance Change.

Aegislash
    Adamant
    252 HP/252 Attk/4 Def

Shadow Sneak
    Kings Shield
    Swords Dance
    Iron Head/Sacred Sword

If prediction is right Shield & swords dance can lead to a good set up allowing Aegislash to get some KO's.

Not all Aegislash utilize King's Shield to be effective. King's Shield Aegislash has a tendency to get played around easily, so sets not using the move catch the opponent off-guard.

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years

Aegislash
    Adamant
    252 HP/252 Attk/4 Def

Shadow Sneak
    Kings Shield
    Swords Dance
    Iron Head/Sacred Sword

Well, im using aegislash as a pivot, y'know, switch in, hit hard, then switch out. Switching in does revert aegislash back to shield stance, so i can go without it.

Also, platinum, if i were to use spikes on greninja or klefki, what move should i replace on either of them?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well, im using aegislash as a pivot, y'know, switch in, hit hard, then switch out. Switching in does revert aegislash back to shield stance, so i can go without it.

Also, platinum, if i were to use spikes on greninja or klefki, what move should i replace on either of them?

Refer to the Spikes Greninja and Klefki sets in my first post here. If Greninja sets up Spikes, Klefki is free to use Sub + Torment. If Klefki uses Spikes, Greninja is free to use all four of its moveslots for the best possible offensive coverage. Up to you, really.

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • Refer to the Spikes Greninja and Klefki sets in my first post here. If Greninja sets up Spikes, Klefki is free to use Sub + Torment. If Klefki uses Spikes, Greninja is free to use all four of its moveslots for the best possible offensive coverage. Up to you, really.

Well, i guess klefki would have a better chance to put up spikes. Might as well have him on dual screen duty.

One thing: if i were to give greninja water shuriken over surf, how would i have to change the evs and nature to work with that? Or should i just not bother?

Also, what would be a good nickname for lucario, trevenant, and azumarill? I just like to have them all with a name significant to what fits the moveset. Besides, i feel like i should give azumarill a better name than "POWER!", y'know?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well, i guess klefki would have a better chance to put up spikes. Might as well have him on dual screen duty.

One thing: if i were to give greninja water shuriken over surf, how would i have to change the evs and nature to work with that? Or should i just not bother?

Also, what would be a good nickname for lucario, trevenant, and azumarill? I just like to have them all with a name significant to what fits the moveset. Besides, i feel like i should give azumarill a better name than "POWER!", y'know?

Trust me, Water Shuriken is not worth it. Not only does it work off of Greninja's lower offensive stat, Greninja is reasonably fast enough not to rely on priority. It's also weak if it hits 2-3 times, which is more often than 4-5 times.

Edit: if Klefki is running Foul Play as its sole offensive move, give it a Calm nature. While this seems strange, Foul Play uses the opponent's Attack stat during damage calculation, rather than Klefki's. It also reduces confusion damage, as well as the damage Klefki takes from opposing Foul Plays.

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Outside of Aegislash getting a King's Shield hit, your team is pretty much swept by Talonflame, especially after +2. Your only option is for Lucario to come in and out-do Talonflame's priority with Extremespeed. For that reason alone, I'd consider at least forgoing Spikes for SR as your entry hazard of choice.

I'd probably look at replacing Aegislash with something like.. Mamoswine?

Spoiler:

Also as I've said before, there are many spikes users that are better than Klefki (despite Prankster) - IMO its best use is either Swagger + T-Wave or dual screens. PlatinumDude gave you the set above.

Also, I like Gourgeist >> Trevenant personally, but that's your call.

EDIT: I've just noticed a few things. Hopefully what I'm suggesting doesn't constitute entirely changing your team, if so I'm sorry.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • Outside of Aegislash getting a King's Shield hit, your team is pretty much swept by Talonflame, especially after +2. Your only option is for Lucario to come in and out-do Talonflame's priority with Extremespeed. For that reason alone, I'd consider at least forgoing Spikes for SR as your entry hazard of choice.

I'd probably look at replacing Aegislash with something like.. Mamoswine?

Spoiler:

Also as I've said before, there are many spikes users that are better than Klefki (despite Prankster) - IMO its best use is either Swagger + T-Wave or dual screens. PlatinumDude gave you the set above.

Also, I like Gourgeist >> Trevenant personally, but that's your call.

EDIT: I've just noticed a few things. Hopefully what I'm suggesting doesn't constitute entirely changing your team, if so I'm sorry.

Spoiler:

Well, when i think about it, i dont really need klefki, so i'll just put mamoswine there. I'll take up your suggestion for slowbro, as well. What moveset for slowbro?

Also, aegislash and mega luke stay.

Last edited:
    Back