• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Event: Made in Galar: Glameow and Purugly

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Apologies for my own silence, work and family has been a thing the past month.
    Took me a while, but I've finally come up with a cool concept for Street Urchin Glameow!
    I quite like these concepts (and the whiskers are quite cool), and looking forward to the evolution form as well. Then we can start working on the next article for this.

I wonder if Glameow's paw should be flipped, as in 'palm' facing upwards, as if it is begging?
    Glameow's evolved form, Toothy Grin Purugly, is almost done as it is already. All that's left there is deciding exactly how striped its body should be. I now envision that sad Glameow evolves with max happiness and that the big, scary Purugly is in fact a loveable cuddlebug that sleeps under its owner's bed, guarding them from things that go bump in the night (as its typing makes it the perfect Ghost-type hunter).
    Max happiness makes sense, and emphasis on Purugly being fiercely loyal to its trainer may be something to consider along those 'guarding them' line. Retaliate, Charm, Baby-Doll eyes and the like may be fitting moves as well?

Years
    I wonder if Glameow's paw should be flipped, as in 'palm' facing upwards, as if it is begging?

Indeed, that was among my ideas for it starting out! The paw reaching out in the concept draft was just meant to show how the covered part of the body looked - I'll do a "finalised" drawing sometime where it will definitely be begging with the paw that reaches out from under the coat.

Retaliate, Charm, Baby-Doll eyes and the like may be fitting moves as well?

Yes on the moves. Glameow can't go without Astonish, many biting moves on Purugly, including vampiric Leech Life, along with Shadow Force. I'd include Tail Slap somewhere too. As for Abilities, I'm thinking Rattled (meek and cowardly) turning into Intimidate (large and scary), Pickup (living off the streets) turning into Thick Fat (well fed and pampered) and Gluttony (it's starving) turning into Strong Jaw (the big teeth). In that case, which of the three should be Hidden?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Indeed, that was among my ideas for it starting out! The paw reaching out in the concept draft was just meant to show how the covered part of the body looked - I'll do a "finalised" drawing sometime where it will definitely be begging with the paw that reaches out from under the coat.
    Alright, sounds good.
    Yes on the moves. Glameow can't go without Astonish, many biting moves on Purugly, including vampiric Leech Life, along with Shadow Force. I'd include Tail Slap somewhere too. As for Abilities, I'm thinking Rattled (meek and cowardly) turning into Intimidate (large and scary), Pickup (living off the streets) turning into Thick Fat (well fed and pampered) and Gluttony (it's starving) turning into Strong Jaw (the big teeth). In that case, which of the three should be Hidden?
    I like Shadow Force. :B

We've seen Intimidate become a HA for pokes before (hi Incineroar... and also a cat mon!), so maybe that pair?

Years
    Apologies for being inactive here for a long time - I've been very busy all around in these interesting times we are in. Just to say I haven't forgotten; when summer comes, I'll surely be able to finish my bit. We are doing this for fun, after all - no fear it will run away. 😄

Back