• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Magmar and Electabuzz distribution for Europe and Australia

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    got mine yesterday knowing how to put the code in. the guy at GAME told me i have to put it in on the eshop and i get a code from there. like wtf is he talking about? you just put it straight into the game

Years
    That's what I want to know too? Do you actually have to go up and ask for it or what? If you do I probably won't get it, I'd feel too embarrassed. Bit old to be going up to the counter and asking for Pokemon you know.

You are never too old for Pokemon!
    Age doesn't really matter imo. Pokemon is awesome.

And yes, I can confirm that you do need to walk up to the counter and ask for the code, but as it is a free distribution they are more than happy to provide you with the code and some TCG cards. I asked for 2 codes so that I could get both even though I don't have Pokemon X (Yet).

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    And yes, I can confirm that you do need to walk up to the counter and ask for the code, but as it is a free distribution they are more than happy to provide you with the code and some TCG cards. I asked for 2 codes so that I could get both even though I don't have Pokemon X (Yet).

Fml.

O well I will just get my brother to do it holla

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    For those wondering about the stats of the Magmar/Electabuzz, they're nothing special at all. No perfect IVs, extra moves or hidden ability as far as I can remember.

I think I traded my Magmar away straight away.

Years
    For those wondering about the stats of the Magmar/Electabuzz, they're nothing special at all. No perfect IVs, extra moves or hidden ability as far as I can remember.

I think I traded my Magmar away straight away.

Wow that is so disappointing. What's the point of an event Pokemon if it doesn't have anything special going for it? Given how often Europe and Australia get the short end of the stick event-wise, I'd be reeling for them.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
    How does this even work anyways?
    You go to the store and straight up ask: "yo I want my code for Magmar and Electabuzz"?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    How does this even work anyways?
    You go to the store and straight up ask: "yo I want my code for Magmar and Electabuzz"?

basically yes lol. I got mine from eb games then my bf went to get one later they had jsut run out then we went to jb hi fi and my bf got 3 of them by asking xD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Is there anything special about these Magmars and Electabuzzes? If not, I'm not missing out on anything since I already have both of them and their evolutions on Y.

Doesn't really look like it. Both have Vital Spirit which I think is HA, Static and Flamebody are somewhat better. Sleep prevention is ok, but I don't think its OMG amazing. Electivire loses out on Motor Drive which is better IMO.

Magmar and Electabuzz distribution for Europe and Australia

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
    Wow that is so disappointing. What's the point of an event Pokemon if it doesn't have anything special going for it? Given how often Europe and Australia get the short end of the stick event-wise, I'd be reeling for them.

They're not set to have perfect IVs, but it is possible to SR for them to have good IVs. When I picked up my WalMart Garchomp, I SR'd and ended up with one that had 2 perfect 31 IVs. So it's possible. Not sure if this will be allowed here since it's not in TC, but if anyone is interested in trading these, I'll trade you a Kalos bred flawless shiny for each of them. VM me if you want :P

Years
    Doesn't really look like it. Both have Vital Spirit which I think is HA, Static and Flamebody are somewhat better. Sleep prevention is ok, but I don't think its OMG amazing. Electivire loses out on Motor Drive which is better IMO.

So they come with their hidden abilities... that's at least pretty decent, and nice starting movesets as well although I do agree with you that Electivire's normal ability is usually the better one. And as Dylan stated last post, they can apparently be soft reset for IVs. And I assume both have Naughty nature because their stat screen shows Attack highlighted in red (raised) and Sp. Defense in blue (lowered).

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
    basically yes lol. I got mine from eb games then my bf went to get one later they had jsut run out then we went to jb hi fi and my bf got 3 of them by asking xD

Seems awkward but alright! I'll do it xD!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

I guess it is a pretty boring event if you don't care for HA Pokémon in Cherish Balls. :P At least it's better than Walmart Scizor/Garchomp (the only XY event we've had in the US apart from Torchic/Celebi and you'd have to pay $40 for them).

So they come with their hidden abilities... that's at least pretty decent, and nice starting movesets as well although I do agree with you that Electivire's normal ability is usually the better one. And as Dylan stated last post, they can apparently be soft reset for IVs. And I assume both have Naughty nature because their stat screen shows Attack highlighted in red (raised) and Sp. Defense in blue (lowered).

They can be any nature, thankfully. I guess whomever Khrysta got their screenshots from just likes Naughty Pokémon. :p

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    So, Magamar and Electabuzz. Pokémon X and Y. Icephycinizer for Jynx in Pokémon Z! Why are we not funding this?

Anyway, back to making a post of relevance. This isn't Pokémon distribution at its finest, but it's something for us in the UK. I have a Magmar friend safari and I'm on X. hurr durr my life is meaningless. Rather than having their regular abilities, prevention from sleep is cool. To my knowledge and experience, sleep isn't used very much competitively. But maybe I'm just an oblivious douchebag. Most likely the latter. But still, like others have mentioned, having a Magmar in a Cherish Ball is just novel.

Will get, but want to know if GAME get a certain amount to stock or they keep getting ships coming in. Don't want to waste my time going somewhere to then be disappointed. :(

Back