• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magneton FR Moveset?

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    i shall anwser:

Magneton:
    Shock wave
    Iron Defence
    Thunder
    Metal Sound

Thats what i think is good. You wil get mroe. Thats what i would have for mine.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I don't like Thunder on Magneton, simply because if you take the time to set up Rain Dance Skarm could blow you away/take you down with HP. And you could chance the Thunder, and will get it a decent amount of the time, but…meh. I'd get Thunder Wave in there somewhere, but having never really used it I could just be rambling on about something I don't get.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Magneton@Leftovers
    - Thunderbolt
    - HP Grass/Ice
    - Thunderwave
    - Protect/Toxic/Iron Defense/Metal Sound

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Well Thunder is an ok move. I use it with my Magneton Level 78:

Magneton Level 78:
    Thunder
    Iron Defence
    Shock Wave
    Metal Sound

Thats how i train mine up from a level 26 magnemite. Anyways i hope you found the rigt moves for magneton and thunder wave is very good against fire and fighti9ng pokemon. Gives you a better chance. I still deciding if i want it though.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well we know that in terms of competitive serious battling, anything with shockwave needs to be shot... why use that when there's thunderbolt? And having shockwave and thunder on the same moveset is just repeating yourself.

I don't like Thunder on Magneton either, but last time I used it because I also has a Gorebyss to benefit from the rain and plenty of my team members will benefit from water boost/fire reduction, so I thought "ok why not?" If you aren't using rain dance beneficial teams, don't bother as thunderdancing Magneton sucks quite a bit.

Magneton (non dancing)- [speed + / atk -] @ quick claw
    EV: speed and sp.atk
    -thunderbolt
    -HP special
    -reflect/thunderwave
    -metal sound/thunderwave

Ingamers who got no access to Hidden Power will just have to make do with only thunderbolt... a very poor Pokemon without Hidden Power o.o;

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Hm i might do that. I have teh spare tm somwhere and i think i could give some tiny mushrooms to the mushroom man on Island two to re elarn it. Thanks ForestWeaver. My new team i shall post in my own thread. Not somones else.

Back