• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mah Sprites, Tiles and Whatnot

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
  • A thread where I'll show you my tiling and spriting abilities. No, Fakemons are not public, but I would really appreciate your criticism.

From left to right the fakemons are: Bunettle, Possumite, Dulswan, Foxsly and Elephire

Tiles are public, just so you know, so enjoy them :)

Last edited:

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • The tiles are wonderful, and Bunettle and Elephire look great. I do think you should change Possumite, Dulswan, and Foxsly a bit, because they just look like normal animals to me.

~Night

incognito322

Years
  • Well, with Dulswan I just made it look better... but Foxsly and Possumite, I can definitely edit those. They'll have the same pose, but I'll give them more patterns, accent colors. I just don't want the random color dot near the eye thing to be overused... any suggestions?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Maybe instead of dots you use vertical lines? I'm not really sure, patterns aren't my thing. Your fakemon are good but there are some outline problems, specifically on the right foot of the mouse. Overall though, very nice.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • YOUR SPRITES ARE AMAZING!! :D
    i just love them, they look like they could be real ones.

But for some reason, your tiles don't agree with me. Maybe its just because we have different styles, but good job overall.

incognito322

Years
  • @ Conan Edogawa: yes... the possum/mouse... his foot does bother me, but black outlines take away the shape. I'll keep working on it, though.

@ SL1MSHADY: I think its the full saturation of my tiles. I don't dull any colors. But it is a random bunch, for now.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • The sprites are nice, though some look a bit like splices.
    The tiles, well done, Your style is unique, but you should give them outlines, unless you plan to put them in a DS game.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Duswlan looksm like a baby piplup :/ is it suppose too?

Years
  • Mmmm, I absolutely love your soft style. Though it's got problems.

It does seem to me you really don't like black outlines at all. Which is okay.
    A problem I see is with Dulswan and a few others (your last two look better) is where your shade color I think is too light, or you just didn't shade enough. At first glance I almost thought that Dulswan had no shading.

The first ball is basically your shading. I can't see much. Second is just taking a darker color from somewhere else. I can see it a bit better, but it's still not much.
    Let's use two colors and extend a little more! We still haven't added to our overall color count as I just used another color from elsewhere in the sprite but there is more depth. Last one is there just 'cause.

Put it all together in a complicated form it's harder to shade than some circles, but I do think you need some darker shades at least. Am I making any sense at all?

incognito322

Years
  • @ Lornami: I understand what you're talking about. I'm trying to work more with those black lines, and I'm improving the shading (or so I think). I'll post my evidence in the next few days with more to critique.

@ Everyone: Thank you for your criticism. I think it's making me a much better scratch spriter. Yes. Scrach spriter (except for Foxsly :) ). Meaning Dulswan is a scratch! :P But yes, expect more in the near future!

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    woah!
    your fantastic!
    i love the dulkswan and also those hg ss style buildings!

Years
  • I actually don't think there was that much wrong with your first elephire. The second one is good as well, but I personally like the pose of the first one more because you can see more of its face.

Years
  • You tiles are very good. It looks kinda differen and better than any other tiles I ever seen. Hope you will update more tiles soon. Good luck.

incognito322

Years
  • I added some more fakes. The green and blue ones are my new grass and water starters. I sprited them with a somewhat different style--black borders on the outside of the image only. Does it look okay?

Back