• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Major Berry Fix style update thing?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Think about it. Johto has sooo many more items than DPPt, such as ragecandybar, Red Apricorn, ect, and since it will be connectable with DPPt they will probally have to do an update. ( might as well throw in platinum orb there also ) Do you think they will do som kinda update?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ...RageCandyBar!
    Sorry, had to get that out...

Anyhow, I bet they'll incorporate the Apricorns as berries and put patches of earth down and have it work like that.
    Johto doesn't- well, didn't- have more items than Sinnoh, it's just that many of them are unique and haven't been seen outside GSC. I like the idea of a "slowpoketail alert", myself. If you have something incompatible in a trade room with Plat, etc., it blocks you from trading it.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Think about it. Johto has sooo many more items than DPPt, such as ragecandybar, Red Apricorn, ect, and since it will be connectable with DPPt they will probally have to do an update. ( might as well throw in platinum orb there also ) Do you think they will do som kinda update?

Obviously, the 2nd gen Berries will be replaced by their 3rd and 4th Gen counterparts(like Berry and Gold Berry being replaced by Oran and Sitrus Berry, respectively)

The difference between RGBY and GSC is that only one item was removed in latter games in RGBY(EXP.All), while many items from GSC are absent in latter installments of the series.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I believe that items that appeared in GSC and not in D/P/Pt will either not get in at all (such as the GSC TM list - they may though reappear as teachable moves via Move Tutors, perhaps), or get in but become untradeable items, which really does seem like the easiest solution, I suppose. A person who checks items you Pokemon may have before you trade, and stops you from being able to trade until you remove those items from your Pokemon (ala the old Time/Trade machine in GSC which stopped you trading Pokemon that didn't appear in RBY) for instance would do the trick. Seems more likely than another Berry Fix leastways.

I will also say that I have heard that there is actually data for RageCandyBars in D/P/Pt, but I am unsure how authentic this claim is. Not that it's exactly a useful item (heals 20HP, IIRC), so no big deal there. But Apricorns I would be interest to see return, even if it was only for HG/SS. (There's have no use in D/P/Pt anyway, so why trade them in the first place?)

EDIT - ninja'd by lag. Ah well.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yes the rage bar is in. The berries replaced by current alterations and the apricorns well no need to trade so they will be detached like how the platinum orb is detachable. But the platinum orb in HGSS should be in. Sure its platinum's main gig but still all future games should get it. SO yeah. [/thread]

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Okay, Here is a list of the non-Key Item/Mail/TMs exclusive to GSC:

Berry
    Bitter Berry
    Burnt Berry
    Gold Berry
    Ice Berry
    Mint Berry
    Miracleberry
    Mysteryberry
    Przcureberry
    Psncureberry

RageCandyBar
    Beserk Gene
    Pink Bow
    Polkadot Bow
    BLK Apricorn
    BLU Apricorn
    GRN Apricorn
    PNK Apricorn
    RED Apricorn
    WHT Apricorn
    YLW Apricrom
    Fast Ball
    Friend Ball
    Heavy Ball
    Level Ball
    Love Ball
    Lure Ball
    Moon Ball
    Brick Piece
    Gold Leaf
    Gorgeous Box
    Normal Box
    Silver Leaf
    Slowpoketail

The Bolded ones have 3rd/4th Gen Counterparts

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

Berry
    Bitter Berry
    Burnt Berry
    Gold Berry
    Ice Berry
    Mint Berry
    Miracleberry
    Mysteryberry
    Przcureberry
    Psncureberry

RageCandyBar
    Beserk Gene
    Pink Bow
    Polkadot Bow
    BLK Apricorn
    BLU Apricorn
    GRN Apricorn
    PNK Apricorn
    RED Apricorn
    WHT Apricorn
    YLW Apricrom
    Fast Ball
    Friend Ball
    Heavy Ball
    Level Ball
    Love Ball
    Lure Ball
    Moon Ball
    Brick Piece
    Gold Leaf
    Gorgeous Box
    Normal Box
    Silver Leaf
    Slowpoketail

Ho hum, item list.

Apricorns if they stay would probably be hence items that get removed when you want to trade them, or simply won't be allowed to be taken into trade rooms, along with the Pokeballs one makes from them. Balls that already have counterparts... well, maybe we will see new Pokeballs in their place? Unsure how new balls would work though in relation to the whole 'Pokeball used to catch Pokemon' in the status screen though. Maybe Kurt decided he'll take on Devon and what-not and make the current balls instead out of berries? =/

Berries - replaced, really. RageCandyBar apparently has data in D/P/Pt. The Fast Ball has a similar one in D/P/Pt in the Quick ball, I believe... and the other items I don't believe have any special need to come back, unless they somehow become event items, or Game Freak fell like bring them in and making them untradeable. An exception however that I would like to see is the Berserk gene - an item that could actually see some usage! But it depends if they go and keep the whole 'Mewtwo's cave caved in so you can't catch him' thing ala GSC... it was a hidden item outside where the cave would be. It's possibly the more likely of old items to return out those remaining, besides possibily apricorns and what-not.

Slowpoketail... I am unsure if that was ever an actual item? You could buy one, but that was at the impossible price of 1,000,000 Pokedollars, so you couldn't ever get it. Might have been only a hackable item (if they had a check in case you actually had a million dollars - if they actually bothered to let you buy from the person if you had the money from hax - easier for them to not do so, really. Maybe later on you could have bought them again, but I don't quite recall. Somehow doubt it.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You're forced to detach the Griseous Orb? Interesting.

Well, I guess that means that we may be forced to detach other items from here on in. Interesting…

Well it's not like items are as big a problem as adding new Pokémon or moves altogether. :P
    Yes. If you trade to DP while the griseous orb is attached you have it automatically put back in your bag. Same thing would apply to the items in HGSS that are not in the previous games.

Berry
    Bitter Berry
    Burnt Berry
    Gold Berry
    Ice Berry
    Mint Berry
    Miracleberry
    Mysteryberry
    Przcureberry
    Psncureberry

RageCandyBar
    Beserk Gene
    Pink Bow
    Polkadot Bow
    BLK Apricorn
    BLU Apricorn
    GRN Apricorn
    PNK Apricorn
    RED Apricorn
    WHT Apricorn
    YLW Apricrom
    Fast Ball
    Friend Ball
    Heavy Ball
    Level Ball
    Love Ball
    Lure Ball
    Moon Ball
    Brick Piece
    Gold Leaf
    Gorgeous Box
    Normal Box
    Silver Leaf
    Slowpoketail

Hmm seeing that list and checking what each ball is I can see some alterations:
    The love ball becomes heal, the moon ball dusk, the friend ball premier, lure becomes net, and fast becomes quick.

Just some random ideas don't mind me. :p

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I forgot about some of those. Gold Leaf. It might be neat to bring Exp.All back as a different item than Exp.Share. And SlowpokeTail was not actually an item, to my understanding. I could be wrong.
    Fast Ball basically has a replacement in the Quick Ball.
    Also, some are sell only items, and there's no foreseeable purpose for bringing back the boxes. Berserk Gene would have a welcome comeback, if only as a display item.

Edito: another eighty-billion posts out before mine. XP anyhow, scratch the slowpoketail bit, and add "I used to think that the berserk gene was a berserk genie!" to the end. no, really, I did.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Because all the Monster Balls are displayed as part of a Pokémon's profile, I somehow doubt they'll add the missing types of Monster Balls.

Also, the Slowpoketail was a proper item sold at Mahogany Town prior to being busted, and by what means would you get a Gorgeous or Normal Box? You'd probably be able to buy decorations instead.

The Boxes are attached to Stadium 1's Amnesia Psyduck and Low Kick Dodrio. Using the Items adds a decortation to your room:

Normal Box: Silver Trophy
    Georgeous Box: Gold Trophy

I have both proudly displayed on my Crystal

And Slowpoketail IS an item. You can buy it in Mahogany for 9800 before you defeat Team Rocket there.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Has anyone considered that they will just leave the Time Capsule intact?

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Yes. If you trade to DP while the griseous orb is attached you have it automatically put back in your bag. Same thing would apply to the items in HGSS that are not in the previous games.

Hmm seeing that list and checking what each ball is I can see some alterations:
    The love ball becomes heal, the moon ball dusk, the friend ball premier, lure becomes net, and fast becomes quick.

Just some random ideas don't mind me. :p

Um, I always thought the Friend Ball was the one that
    makes the pokemon you catch more friendly?
    Shouldn't that be Luxury Ball :S The rest of
    the assumptions are correct.

I don't even remember have of those things
    on the list. What the hell is Polka Dot Bow and
    Normal Box or whatever.. -whips open Crystal-

Anyway, there'd be an AWFUL lot of detachable items
    in hG/sS if they were to do that... They could easily
    just eradicate the several other weird, useless items
    since Sinnoh has PLENTY of items.. One of the most
    original and neatest item of Johto was the Berserk Gene,
    imo. That was pretty cool. Ups Attack but causes confusion.
    But now that you think about it, we wouldn't need that since
    we have things that don't even require the recoil of confusion,
    like Choice Band, Expert Belt, etc. If you look at all the
    new items and compare it to the old, everything would have
    a counterpart, but maybe without a few side affects
    and what not.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    And Slowpoketail IS an item. You can buy it in Mahogany for 9800 beofer you defeat Team Rocket there.
    Ah, so that's were you can buy it. Yep, my memory is jogged now. =) Wasn't exactly a useful item though, and not one that is that necessary as well, I suppose, although it did add a bit to the story and all, Team Rocket still trying to see the tails well after Slowpoke Well's events, I suppose?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Brick Piece, Gold Leaf, Silver Leaf, and Slowpoketail Have NO effect(Just sell them).

The first three can only be obtained by trading cetain species of Pokemon from RGBY to GSC

While Gold Leaf and Silver Leaf had a very high chance of being attached to a RGBY Pokemon... Others were not so easy.

Hard-to-get Items in GSC:
    Brick Piece: Trade over RGBY Machop

Light Ball: Trade over THE Yellow Version Pikachu

Twistedspoon: Trade over RGBY Kadabra THAT WAS CAUGHT AS A KADABRA

TM09 Psych Up: Trade over RGB Abra (Not Yellow)

Brightpowder: Trade over Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and/or Mewtwo from RGBY

Metal Powder: Trade over RGBY Ditto

Polkadot Bow: Trade over RGBY Jigglypuff

Lucky Punch: Trade over RGBY Chansey

Other items that could be obtained included Berry, Bitter Berry, Gold Berry, Mystery Berry, Leftovers, TM 33(Ice Punch), TM 43(Attract), and Protein.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Hiroshi, I think that having an exp.all would be easier than switching out for 5 turns for every battle so you have a pretty even team. I know there's something about "well, you should do that anyway!" or some such, but lay off. :/

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Brick Piece, Gold Leaf, Silver Leaf, and Slowpoketail Have NO effect(Just sell them).

The first three can only be obtained by trading cetain species of Pokemon from RGBY to GSC

While Gold Leaf and Silver Leaf had a very high chance of being attached to a RGBY Pokemon... Others were not so easy.

Hard-to-get Items in GSC:
    Brick Piece: Trade over RGBY Machop

Light Ball: Trade over THE Yellow Version Pikachu

Twistedspoon: Trade over RGBY Kadabra THAT WAS CAUGHT AS A KADABRA

TM09 Psych Up: Trade over RGB Abra (Not Yellow)

Brightpowder: Trade over Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and/or Mewtwo from RGBY

Metal Power: Trade over RGBY Ditto

Polkadot Bow: Trade over RGBY Jigglypuff

Lucky Punch: Trade over RGBY Chansey

Other items that could be obtained included Berry, Bitter Berry, Gold Berry, Mystery Berry, Leftovers, TM 33(Ice Punch), TM 43(Attract), and Protein.

Don't you mean Metal Powder? And I had absolutely
    no idea of any of those items (except for the items
    that are in 4th gen). Could explain what they do?
    I'd love to know how a Bow could help a pokemon
    fight..

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Don't you mean Metal Powder? And I had absolutely
    no idea of any of those items (except for the items
    that are in 4th gen). Could explain what they do?
    I'd love to know how a Bow could help a pokemon
    fight..

Whoops, Typo.

Okay:
    Beserk Gene: Raises Attack to Max, but causes confusion(Is Consumed similar to a Berry, but gets activated right at the beginning of a battle)

Pink Bow: Raises Normal Type Damage by 10%(Like Silk Scarf in R/S/E)

Polkadot Bow: Raises Normal Type Damage by 20%(Like Silk Scarf in D/P/P)

Ragecandybar: Heals one Pokemon's HP by 20(Basically a regular Potion with a different name)

Brick Piece: Sell for 25 Pokedollars (Most worthless item in Pokemon history)

Gold Leaf: Sell for 500 Pokedollars

Silver Leaf: Sell for 500 Pokedollars

Slowpoketail: Sell for 4900 Pokedollars(But the only way to get it is to buy it for 9800)

Normal Box: Gives you the Silver Trophy Decoration when used

Gorgeous Box: Gives you the Gold Trophy Decoration when used

Years
    I do not think that they will create a patch for this.

They didn't make it so the Griseuos Orb or Giratina Origin Forme could exist in Diamond and Pearl. Nor Rotom or any of the Forms it can turn into.

Why would they bother to do that now?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I think that most items from GSC will be replaced w/ 4th Gen counterparts (No one really cares about Gold Leaf or the Pink Bow [Mary'll just give you a silk scarf instead]) but what I hope doesnt leave are the classic Gen II PokeBalls. I love the Fast Ball, Lure Ball, and Moon Ball. They were epic. Maybe pokemon caught with those balls are given a flag to tell them to switch to analous Gen IV ball when trading to DPPt (ie. Fast Ball => QuickBall, etc.)

Back