• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Make all pokemon lev. 100 before 5 gym!!! It really works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raztler

Master Breeder
    Years
    Tired of having wimpy level 35-40 on the 5th gym? Worry no more!!!! Your whole team can be level 100 before you fight your father! The cheat is simple, all you need are the go-goggles and your set. OK, first: Put the pokemon you want to level up in the daycare. 2nd: Go to the slope in the dessert at the top (I forgot to say you need an acro bike) go on your bike and walk up the slope. You wont be able to, but keep pressing up. 3rd: Find some way to keep up pressed down. I use an eraser and a bottle of water, my friend uses a dictionary and a big bit of plastic, whatever works really. And finally, leave it alone for quite a few days. Depending on the pokemon, maby a whole week. And there you go!! Your on your way to having a whole team level 100! Just make sure to plug in your game boy or DS so it doesn't run out of battery. Have fun! :p
    Ok, a lot of people say i dont care about your comments but i do. I just hardly ever go on the internet, thats all. 2nd, about the moves and not being able to decide what they are, just catch tonnes of Lovdiscs for heart scales. And if you perfer to lev. up the pokemon yourself then by all means do, if you perfer to do it yourself. Dont say i dont care because i do. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Though, when you put Pokémon in the daycare, you can't decide what attacks they get, and I have a feeling they might get that "rare candy"-effect as well... or do they? This is not a very good "cheat" I believe... Unless you just want to seem mighty and beat the game (if you got lucky about the attacks your pokémon got in day-care) faster.

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
    Years
    but how will you know what attacks your pokemon will get? The idea is nice, but it just doesnt work for me. Unless you have a lot of TM's, this idea just wont work.

Fearless

Franchise
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2008
    Eh, the whole idea of not getting to choose the attacks your pokemon is learning kills it for me.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I rather not waste my time doing this since I useally start a new game after I done everything.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    Yeah, like what other people said, not getting any EVs makes your Pokemon really pathetic...

There is another method to getting your pokes to lv100, it's called training.

Years
    Your idea isnt bad for hatching eggs, or waiting for Pokémon to produce an egg, but itd only take a short while. Its sorta taken from the 'easy catch' Lati@s, by holding down B on the GBA, hopping on your Acro Bike in grass on a Route, after spraying a Repel.

FYI, you can do this trick as soon as your get to Mauville, having 2 badges. Put the Poké in the Daycare, then goto Granite Cave's muddy slope. The same principle really.

Its much more beneficial to just train, and if your cant be bothered to train a Pokémon to level 100, that you really want to be that level, then should your really be training that Pokémon? Infact, should you really be playing the game at all?

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    The idea isn't that bad you know...
    Let's say that you already EVd your poke and give it the wanted moveset... You just need to train it until it reach the level of the last learnable move, so you don't lose moveset...

And, THEN, you finish to level them up by this trick...
    It's nice and easy... ;)

Jezebel

Team Rocket Field Agent
    Years
    No the idea isn't bad but I actually like training my pokemon team! I think it's fun helping them get stronger! Not to mention I don't like the idea of not knowing what their attacks would be either.

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    I say whats even the point in playing if you're just going to own everything like that? There's no challenge in it. And then by the time you get somewhere like the battle frontier where you have to fight opponents your level then you'll likely lose.

But really, where's the fun in it?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, if you're building a team for battle frontier, after you EV train your pokemon you might want to do this. but i find it simpler to just run through the elite four like 20 times. lotsa exp really fast if you're pokemon is already ev trained. i can blow through them with a level 42 alakazam, and he jumps to level 50. heck, even a level 85 alakazam will jump a level or two.
    and, you get money from doing it. thats always a plus :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I say whats even the point in playing if you're just going to own everything like that? There's no challenge in it. And then by the time you get somewhere like the battle frontier where you have to fight opponents your level then you'll likely lose.

But really, where's the fun in it?

Seems to me as if Raztler didn't really care for what we thought about his idea... no offense, but he's only made one single counting post yet.

ultradarkrai

treeco tre
    Years
    Though, when you put Pokémon in the daycare, you can't decide what attacks they get, and I have a feeling they might get that "rare candy"-effect as well... or do they? This is not a very good "cheat" I believe... Unless you just want to seem mighty and beat the game (if you got lucky about the attacks your pokémon got in day-care) faster.

He's right. also, it takes ages to do this when all you want to do is play your game!

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    the fact that a strange old women is stroking my pokemon makes me go craaaaaazy!

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
    ahahahaha owned!!!

but, in all seriousness, training is a better way to make your pokemon lv. 100.

I've always felt that leaving the pokemon in the daycare was almost like cheating unless you needed the eggs. But I have a huge oversensitive ego, so what do I know?

EV's are like, effort value something or other? So if they're trained, it's like working to put yourself through college and rare candies/day care is like having mommy and daddy pay for it. Weird analogy. Sorry. But the point is it benefits them more because they're actually out fighting instead of being coddled at a day care? This is how I understand it. Is this right?

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    yeah but wats the fun of the game it completly recks it just going ohh look i have level 100 pokemon u only have a level 5 oh ahhahaha owned i mean wats the point of getting a game to just cheat ur way thru it in a day then finish it( i no its not really cheating but it still ruins the game).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back