• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making It Better- TCG Exercises Week 1

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    Hello and welcome to the very first Making it Better Exercise! Here, this is a weekly exercise in which I will be choosing a card for you members to modify and give ideas on how it could've been better. Anything at all about the card can be modified so don't be afraid to contribute ideas to this thread!

Rules

1) Do not flame one another. Friendly debates are encouraged but keep it safe. :D

2) Do not spam this thread. Posts that don't contribute or isn't related will be reported to the forum mod.

3) Have fun playing around this week's card!

This week's card is:

Spoiler:

Discuss away!!

Years
    Dual Splash should hit 3 Pokemon for 40 damage each, that would make it pretty decent. Wreck those tynamos. Yeah, bumping up Smash Turn to 50 would be good too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    I would change the retreat cost to just 3, that way Dodrio and Skyarrow Bridge would be an asset to this card.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
    I'd also bump Smash Turn to 50 and for Dual Splash, i'd make it do at least 60 damage to two Pokemon. As for the retreat cost, i'd make it 3 (4 is way to much in my opinion)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    I'd also try erasing the second Water Energy Cost in his second attack and replace it with a Colorless one, that way it can be a whole lot faster and cheaper instead of spending 3 turns attaching manually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    Weakness should really just be +20HP I always thought. Looks pretty armoured and I never though it was too fair to have 2x with just a 30HP basic attack.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    I think it would also be a good idea is to add some sort of Special Condition on Smash Turn.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    If it wasn't weak to lightning, it would be pretty good. I agree that Splash Turn should do more damage. The snipe attack is pretty good as it is. The only problem is the weakness.

Back