• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mama Duck and Her Ducklings: A Mother's Day Entry (Imogen Heap, Cyanide & Happiness, Unicorn Wizard) [Daily Bloggity Entry #77]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • [css-div="background-color:#CC9900; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]
    57v493U.png

Date: 12 May 2014
    Time: 1:29 AM ET
    Mood: Pumped that I got past this hard part in Bravely Default ;D

Quack quack quack quack - if I actually made my entry just duck noises, I wonder how that would go? Anyways, this entry goes out to my mum! Thank you for always being there for us and loving us no matter what, even when we yell and scream and get annoyed at one another. I wouldn't ask for any other mum, you rock my socks off <3 This entry today is about how we - my brother and I - celebrated Mother's Day with our la madre; hope you enjoy!

Daily Music - "Hide And Seek" by Imogen Heap
    Spoiler:
    For Mother's Day this year, my mum wanted to do something a little bit different. Usually we just take her out to dinner and bask her in praise and whatnot, but this year we decided to go on a little bit of an adventure. We had learned prior that our state's capital of Boston, Massachusetts was hosting their annual Mother's Day "Make Way For Ducklings" parade, which if you've never heard of it is a day where kids and tikes alike dress up as little ducklings and parade around the city's common grounds with music, fanfare, and festivities all around. The parade itself is actually based off of the "Make Way For Ducklings" book, where this group of ducklings are led all throughout the city by it's mother until it reaches a nice little island to settle down and live on. Because the book was set in Boston, the city thought it would be a great way to celebrate it's fame as well as bring some fun to the city by making a day dedicated to the day. So of course we obviously wanted to go to it when we found out about it!

Daily Comic - "Milk" by Rob DenBleyker of Cyanide & Happiness
    Spoiler:
    Overall it was a pretty good day! After we sat and watched the kids march around in their little costumes - and occasionally a small puppy dressed up as a lil' ducky - we decided to take a relaxing swan boat ride in the common's pond. I could tell by the look on my mum's face that she seemed to be having a pretty fun time, which is good because sometimes I think she overworks herself at times taking care of the family. Anyways, after the boat ride we went out to an area in Boston that was pretty famous for it's food trucks; there were about 12 of them in total and they had a whole smorgesbord of food available that it was nearly impossible to decide on what to get! And considering how our family is mainly Italian well...one can say that we really just wanted to eat everything there1!

Daily Video - "Unicorn Wizard" by artist Ninja Sex Party
    Spoiler:
    I'm glad that my brother and I were able to celebrate Mother's Day in such a way that she was able to really enjoy herself. What kind of things did you do for your mother on Mother's Day this year? How about in past years? Was your mum appreciative of what you did? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:
    [/css-div]

Back