• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Shipping Debates

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Calling all Manga Shippers! I repeat, Calling all Manga Shippers!

Welcome to the new Shipping Debates thread for the Pokémon Manga.

After discussing it with Serene Grace, we decided it would be a great idea to have a separate shipping debates thread exclusive from the one in Pokémon TV Show and Movies. A place where hardcore Pokémon manga fans can just come in and discuss/debate about their favorite shipping, what shipping seems the worst, etc.

So, what are you waiting for? Go, spam debate up some storms.

Years
  • HECK YEAH!

[Manga] Shipping Debates

HGSS ARC! <3

Well Mr. Suppah Mod I wanted to mod this place say that after all these years I am still a die hard FranticShipper! (Ruby x Sapphire) MY OTP. <3

Other ships I support in this order:

MangaQuestShipper - Gold x Crystal
    CommonerShipper - Diamond x Platina "Berlitz"
    SpecialShipper - Red x Yellow
    ChoosenShipper - Silver x Blue (Female)

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Honestly, it's about time. Jorah and the others kept confusing me with all these unknown characters. Took me a while to realize they were Manga people and a later while to realize we need separation...

So, what are the more popular shippings in this cannon? Specifically the equivalents of Poke/Advance/Pearl/Negaishipping.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Most popular shipping in Pokemon Special is probably Frantic, followed by Special (RedxYellow) and Oldrival (GreenxBlue). Mangaquest's also popular (GoldxCrystal), though I think it can actually rival with Preciousmetal (GoldxSilver).

As for me, Oldrival's still the only real shipping for me; but I do support some others, most notably Preciousmetal and Commoner (PlatinaxDiamond). Also, though Frantic seems close to canon, I love Magmajewelshipping (MargexRuby) to bits. Such interesting tension there.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I might lurk here for fanart. Specifically, Franticshipping, because I see enough of Gold/Silver XD I am sort of interested in Red/Green, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    *makes camp; sets up a tent and everything; in for the long haul*

Despite having no interest in any of the manga to date, I have read a few chapters of Special. It still doesn't do it for me, but I did come away with a little love for the bromance of Chuck and Hayate (Chuang Yi's Wayne), in the midst of the Suicune choosing a trainer debacle. Even though Chuck's wife makes an appearance in the same chapter (and I am a firm supporter of Chuck/wifey), I like the rapport they had while battling and after-the-fact.

*is called Hurricaneshipping, btw*

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • YES, finally a PokeSPE shipping thread! -starts pitching tent-

My ships consist of Pearl x Platinum, a conflicting OldrivalShipping and ChoosenShipping and FranticShipping.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ahh, I've haven't ever been too keen on Chosenshipping, Blue and Silver seem too much like brother and sister to me. Perhaps that changes sometime after or in the FRLG arc, but I haven't read that far yet XD

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
  • CommonerShipper Diamond x Platina
    DeadPlantShipper Morty x Erika (I named this.)
    EnergeticShipper Sapphire x Pearl
    FatherlyShipper Falkner x Janine
    GeneticShipper Deoxys x Mewtwo
    GracefulShipper Winona x Wallace
    MagmaJewelShipper Ruby x Magma Admin Courtney
    MangaPokeShipper Red x Misty
    MangaQuestShipper Gold x Crystal (Even though I wanna ship him with Whitney, I just can't do Emerald and Crystal and she needs a pairing)
    MineralShipper Brock & Jasmine
    OldRivalShipper Green x Blue
    PikaChuChuShipper Pika x Chuchu
    TeaShipper Bill x Daisy
    ViridianShipper Yellow x Silver

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    AtlanticShipper Sapphire x Pearl (Named by me. Pearls come from the sapphire ocean?)
    DeadPlantShipper Morty x Erika (I named this too.)
    WoobieShipper Bill x Daisy (Couldn't find it on Bulbapedia, so I named it.)
    Bulbapedia hasn't updated in over three years; your sources are outdated. For anything shipping related, we have this lovely little site: https://incompletelove.webs.com/

More specifically, this for everything Dex Holder related: https://incompletelove.webs.com/specialships.htm

Bill/Daisy is Teashipping, Pearl/Sapphire is Energeticshipping, and Woobieshipping is Falkner/Hoppip.

liliebiehlina3siste

~PokemonSpecial~
    Years
  • AtlanticShipper Sapphire x Pearl (Named by me. Pearls come from the sapphire ocean?)
    CommonerShipper Diamond x Platina
    DeadPlantShipper Morty x Erika (I named this too.)
    FatherlyShipper Falkner x Janine
    GeneticShipper Deoxys x Mewtwo
    GracefulShipper Winona x Wallace
    MagmaJewelShipper Ruby x Magma Admin Courtney
    MangaPokeShipper Red x Misty
    MangaQuestShipper Gold x Crystal (Even though I wanna ship him with Whitney, I just can't do Emerald and Crystal and she needs a pairing)
    MineralShipper Brock & Jasmine
    OldRivalShipper Green x Blue
    PikaChuChuShipper Pika x Chuchu
    ViridianShipper Yellow x Silver
    WoobieShipper Bill x Daisy (Couldn't find it on Bulbapedia, so I named it.)
    Sapphire x Pearl is called EnergeticShipper and Daiys x Bill TeaShipper

---
    Oh Frostik already posted^^; sorry

Last edited:

liliebiehlina3siste

~PokemonSpecial~
    Years
  • Dia & Platinum
    Ruby & Sapphire
    Gold & Crystal
    Red & Yellow
    Green (female) & Silver -My Favorite
    I love chosenshipping <3
    They're so cute and the perfect couple. I don't think they've a Brother-Sister relationship. That would be totally different.
    I hope Blue(Girl) will appear in HGSS and there'll be some cute Chosenshipping scenes ^-^
    --
    I also would be glad to see some MangaQuestshippong or Specialshipping scenes :cer_love:

Shirokuma

Hetalia~Vocaloid~Pokemon x3
    Years
  • ehh, there's too much evidence against chosenshipping; and...for...PRECIOUSMETALSHIPPING!!! ♥
    i sure hope my profile pic and sig are working now, this is half just a test run. if theyre not working, i'll be saaaad. ok. chosenVSpreciousmetal (i also support frantic♥♥♥ and original♥ b'cuz frantic is canon and original is like, default & obvious, i also support SmexyGlassesShipping and IAmTheCheeseShipping mainly b'cuz of the titles.) chosen, pros theyve known eachother 4evuh. cons: blue even says that she loves silver like a BROTHER. i love my brothers, but not like..eehh-yeah... pms, (ahh, i cant get over the amazing abbreviation) silver is like in tears when they lose gold, i dont remember exactly what happens but i do know that green's like, stop crying and come with me and grabs his arm. but then silver's like a jerk to gold, but the way silver acts to gold could be him trying to hiide his feeeeelingggsssss. o.O

yeah, MY SIGNATURE!!!!

Last edited:
    Back