• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    You've never seen Manga? Wow! Manga is Japanese Comics. Have you ever read the Pokemon comics? that's what Manga is n_n().

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    There's more than one Pokemon manga, such as "Magical Pokemon Journey", "Electric Tale of Pikachu", "Special", and I'd bet more...I haven't actually read one, though I'd like to. Scans don't substitute >_< Oh, and go into any random comic shop and you'll be surrounded by manga.

Sorry if I have the titles mixed up or whatnot....I tried.

Years
    Um... Pokemon Special *plants a big fat arrow to signature*

First of all, the Pokemon Manga is much better than the anime. The plot is much more convincing and the characters have their own strengths and weaknesses. Each character displays their own special trait and each interact in their own unique way. For example, Red uses slang words more often. Green(jp) uses much more heavier words and Blue(jp) uses much of her sassy like attitude. Yellow on the other hand shows a great deal of creativity in her works. Not to mention she's a psychic. Sapphire is the complete opposite of her anime counterpart, Haruka. Ruby is much more like Haruka, only he's a boy. Gold likes sports, Silver doesn't know his age and Crystal likes to catch alot of Pokemon. Team Rocket likes to kill and there's no Jesse and James or their Meowth, Team Magma's Broke and Team Aqua has their own supplies.

CLICKY HERE TO KNOW MORE

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ooh, you poor thing! ^_^; Manga books are Japanese comics. If you go to a music or comic book store then you've got an extremely good chance of seeing some.

((BTW, it's about time they added a Pok?mon Manga/Comics area. XD Yay!))

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    That's it. I'm going to hunt down that manga!! Oh, and the link doesn't work... or maybe it's just my computer?

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    YAY! I can see it! Thanks very much!!

*makes mental note to storm local comic shop* Heh heh heh....

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    O.O *halts in Operation Comic Storm* Why would they...meh! Count me in. *mutters darkly*

Years
    That's right!

Everyone, attack Viz!
    Manga

Silver: Viz will Pay!
    Silver: Everyone, full assault attack! XD

then, there's one of my fave pics...

Manga

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    *looks in thesaurus* I offer supreme gratification for the pictures. ^^ Yes yes, attack!! As for Viz, how about some sort of petition? I know there's a website that creates online ones...cannot recall URL... I'm honestly disappointed, having found another manga I actually want to read/collect. Did Viz get far in publishing the series? *hopeful look*

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    *drops in* hello everyone!

Looks like we have a manga forum here

Viz only released the first 7 books(Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Adventures)

Japan did those and:

Volumes 8-14(15 is the end of 14 XD!) G/S/C Adventures

Volumes 15-going on: Ruby/Sapphire Adventures

Course, during the G/S/C series they kept you up to date on the earlier characters and they all meet together to stop an evil force(Pryce XD)

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    oni flygon said:
    Um... Pokemon Special *plants a big fat arrow to signature*

First of all, the Pokemon Manga is much better than the anime. The plot is much more convincing and the characters have their own strengths and weaknesses. Each character displays their own special trait and each interact in their own unique way. For example, Red uses slang words more often. Green(jp) uses much more heavier words and Blue(jp) uses much of her sassy like attitude. Yellow on the other hand shows a great deal of creativity in her works. Not to mention she's a psychic. Sapphire is the complete opposite of her anime counterpart, Haruka. Ruby is much more like Haruka, only he's a boy. Gold likes sports, Silver doesn't know his age and Crystal likes to catch alot of Pokemon. Team Rocket likes to kill and there's no Jesse and James or their Meowth, Team Magma's Broke and Team Aqua has their own supplies.

CLICKY HERE TO KNOW MORE
    *Reads the part about Team Aqua and Magma* Wow that's more interesting than the games by 2 times or the anime by a thousand. I always get sick about repetition in the anime that's why.
    btw I can't read the Japanese words in the website. I think the book has a wide-enough following to have an English fansite about it. Too bad Viz stopped the publications of the books. But we have the English version of the books here, so that's okay.
    Honestly I wonder where I could find the chinese editions of these books here in Singapore because they are bound to be cheaper in pricing.

Back