• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Map changes not working

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    A couple of months ago I posted about this issue. I thought it had gone away but it has apparently persisted in the exact same area. Essentially any map changes I make to route 111 in emerald don't permanently register in game. After using some warps onto the map my changes will appear, but after using the warp another couple of times they disappear. Anyway I have a video of it this time so that the issue is clearer. Would really be appreciative if someone knew a solution to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUThAMzA7iA&feature=youtu.be

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    There's a setmaptile script used in Route 111 which might be causing some interference. Have you removed that by any chance or is it still there? Seems unlikely based on the video but it's the only thing I can think of that might be causing that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    There's a setmaptile script used in Route 111 which might be causing some interference. Have you removed that by any chance or is it still there? Seems unlikely based on the video but it's the only thing I can think of that might be causing that.
    Thanks for the reply. I do think it's the setmaptile header script thats causing it, since a similar thing occurs on route 131 which has one for Mirage Island. I've decided to remove any map changes on those routes since, I don't plan on removing the setmaptile scripts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Tileset0 will be the same for the near maps. The small rock is in the upper map tileset0, and the "error rock" in tileset0 of the second map. When you arrive in the second map the tileset0 is not of the second map, but of the upper map. When you use warp and return outside, the game loads the tileset0 of the second map and in the upper map..."error rock"!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Tileset0 will be the same for the near maps. The small rock is in the upper map tileset0, and the "error rock" in tileset0 of the second map. When you arrive in the second map the tileset0 is not of the second map, but of the upper map. When you use warp and return outside, the game loads the tileset0 of the second map and in the upper map..."error rock"!
    I don't think so man. All those rock tiles are in tileset 0. which is used on all maps to my knowledge.

Back