• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Map connections glitching (Advance map)

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I have a basic understanding of map connections and that you must use tilesets that both maps have when making a map connection. The problem I have however is that I modified Cerulean City and Route 1 a little bit and made a connection between them (Cerulean connects right to Route 1 and Route 1 connects left to Cerulean). Whenever I cross between Route 1 and Cerulean City the tiles just start going crazy. From spawning to random places, shifting downwards to basically duplicating themselves. I've noticed that person events move as well upon reentering the maps. I have to note that the tiles do not change colour, they just multiply and change their location. What could possibly cause this? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a basic understanding of map connections and that you must use tilesets that both maps have when making a map connection. The problem I have however is that I modified Cerulean City and Route 1 a little bit and made a connection between them (Cerulean connects right to Route 1 and Route 1 connects left to Cerulean). Whenever I cross between Route 1 and Cerulean City the tiles just start going crazy. From spawning to random places, shifting downwards to basically duplicating themselves. I have to note that the tiles do not change colour, they just multiply and change their location. What could possibly cause this? Any help is appreciated.

That sounds like you have tiles of the second tileset of the map close to its border. Either make sure (like you said) that both maps share their second tileset, or don't use any tiles from the second tileset of the map for the tiles close to the border.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Nevermind, I managed to fix this. I didn't notice that the map offset on one map is different from the other, and this was causing the map to keep shifting down upon entering. So, the solution was to have one map with a positive offset and another one with a negative offset. Example (Cerulean City - offset = 7, Route 1 - offset = -7).

Back