• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Map Making Competition - March 2015 [CLOSED]

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Map Making Competition - March 2015 [CLOSED]

Map Making Competition – March 2015 [Entries]

Introduction:

One day i was Creeping looking at Hashtag's profile, I found the old "Map Of The Month" threads. I kept looking around and I found out that it was discontinued! I don't know why it was discontinued but, That's not important. What is important though, is the fact that i am here to bring back Map of the month! (Kind of) Now, it will be called "Map Making Competition". Since the first M.M.C didint go so well, the entries will start now! I will accept all Entries from March 1st to March 31st. Good luck to everyone. so.....GET MAPPING!

Theme:

This Months theme is...............Routes!

Rules:

· You may only Submit ONE map per MONTH.
    · No entries will be permitted after March 31st at 11:59 Pm.
    · You may only vote once per month.
    · Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
    · Don't complain that we didn't choose your map.

Examples:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
    Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
    Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
    Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler. Maps not in this form will be rejected.

Hope you guys are glad that there is a Map making competition! Hope to see everyone's Routes!

Last edited:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    I think I know why we stopped this originaly ^^^
    Tbh at least you tried

Years
    Well, entries were over on the 20th!
    But that was an arbitrary end date you assigned it, surely no harm would come from extending it to the end of the month (seeing as that is the name of the competition).

Reposting the exact same thing two days after the last one doesn't seem like a particularly thoughtful move in my opinion. Perhaps you should take a step back and think if this is really necessary?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    But that was an arbitrary end date you assigned it, surely no harm would come from extending it to the end of the month (seeing as that is the name of the competition).

Reposting the exact same thing two days after the last one doesn't seem like a particularly thoughtful move in my opinion. Perhaps you should take a step back and think if this is really necessary?

Ok, can you close this one and open the other one?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Hello everyone!

The March Map making competition is now open! So.....Get mapping!

Theme:

This Months theme is...............Routes!

Rules:

· You may only Submit ONE map per MONTH.
    · No entries will be permitted after March 31st at 11:59 Pm.
    · You may only vote once per month.
    · Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
    · Don't complain that we didin't choose your map.

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
    Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
    Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
    Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler.
    Maps not in this form will be rejected.

Hope you guys are glad that there is a Map making competition! Hope to see everyone's Routes!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    I'm submitting mine and here's what I've came up with.

Map name
    : Brine Route
    Comments: I like the tiles. Mostly the beach and sea tiles from WesleyFG. What didn't stand out much is that too darken trees ):
    Credits: WesleyFG
    Map: Behold...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GoldenKHRP

GoldenKHRP
    Years
    Hello everyone! I would like to participate as well. Unfortunately, I am new here and am not yet allowed to post links here. Does that mean that I can't participate?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Hello everyone! I would like to participate as well. Unfortunately, I am new here and am not yet allowed to post links here. Does that mean that I can't participate?

You should be able to. Just add some spaces in the url. Or you can just post around the forum till you've made enough to allow you to post links.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Here is GoldenKHRP's Map!

Map name: route 203
    Rom base: Fire Red
    Comments: This route connects two towns together. One on the eastern side and one up north. The player enters the route from the town up north. The map itself can be split in two different sections which are connected by a cave. The player can only pass the cave with the Rocksmash HM which will be obtainable in the previous town. (After a GYM battle of course)
    Credits: I used some tiles from other mappers, see credits. I also changed the pallets and some of the tiles a bit. Credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake (ChaoticCherryCake used tiles from a lot of different mappers. A complete list can be found here: https://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart.com/journal/Credits-for-Tiles-367931482).
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Map Name: Ver Pathway
    Comments: I called it "Ver Pathway" because the word "Spring" comes from the Latin word "Ver" which means Spring!
    Credits: Dante, Seiyouh, Pey!, Shawn Frost, Zein, Zeo, E.C
    Map Shot:
    Map Making Competition - March 2015 [CLOSED]

Just a little reminder!

There is only 11 days left to submit your map!

Last edited:

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
    Years
    Map Name: Route 4
    Comments: I'm doing a Kanto Remake, so, i've decided to change some maps, an i think, looks fine.
    Credits: KAPPONE, Redex, Zein, Nintendo
    Map Shot: Eccolo qua! (I'm a italian girl)

Spoiler:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Map Name: Route 4
    Comments: I'm doing a Kanto Remake, so, i've decided to change some maps, an i think, looks fine.
    Credits: KAPPONE, Redex, Zein, Nintendo
    Map Shot: Eccolo qua! (I'm a italian girl)

Spoiler:

Thanks for the entry! I speak french soooo ya!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    If someone would like to map for my fan game it would be great...

This thread isn't for this. If you're working on a work hack and would like help with mapping you can post in the Help Recruitment thread in the ROM Hacking Hub section.

Back