• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Showcase and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Thanks guys ! So i remapped it and here it is :

Spoiler:

Years
  • Hello guys, it's me again ! I followed your tips and maked an anthor map here it is :

Spoiler:

Is it ok ?

The map itself is okay, but I do have a small issue with the grass path. The outer edges of the grass path has a different tint of green than the actual grass surrounding it making look a bit off. Other than that the map itself looks okay and everything else seems good as well.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Hello guys, it's me again ! I followed your tips and maked an anthor map here it is :

Spoiler:

Is it ok ?

the basic feeling is pretty okay - its an improvement from your previous map, and is a good start - you're learning more space means more room for error, and you have consolidated your map into it's essentials
    it's a pretty good map

the problem I have is the tileset errors
    you have done the shadow for the mountain wrong, it should have transparency
    the tree stump looks like it shouldnt have the pixels of green
    the palette...its all over the place...
    the grass is too diluted, and the trees are too green
    maybe iunno what I'm talking about, maybe I'm crazy and nuts, and dont understand how colors work, thats fine, it would be a personal preference you can consider, and then ignore if you feel like it - but you cant deny the fact the trees bottom is very much TOO green, the transition from that shadow to the grass is too extreme, its a mere shadow of the tree, it shouldnt give off such a drastic change
    and then theres the tile error of the light path of grass, it has the edges of a different grass around it

finally, I do not like those little tiny trees next to a stump as big as they are, it makes no sense as to why they are there, they just look like they're filling space

Here's my map, I'm working on a new path in my game
    Spoiler:

its sort of like a king of the hill type of set up, with around 6 trainers, and that the top of the center hill, is the strongest trainer

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years

Spoiler:

Is it ok ?

It's an improvement from your last post but I can't help but notice the colours clash. Sure, you've handled the issue of empty space very well, but your colour palette needs some refining. Unfortunately I can't give any tips for improving the colour scheme because, in the end, it's all down to personal preference. I'd suggest making the pathway a similar colour to the grass if you don't want to change the grass colour.
    There is also something wrong with the mountain tiles: Look at any Nintendo map from Generation 3 and onwards and you'll find that the you cannot walk on the rock surface. Instead, I'd replace it with a gravel tile.

I know you're still new to this and I can accept that perfection of mapping style takes a while, but every mapper here has started from the bottom and worked out what suits them, I hope what I have mentioned helps you to do the same.

Years
  • Hello guys, you really helped me :d ! I thing i fixed all of the errors founded by you and i mapped the strating town of my game. Here it is :
    Spoiler:

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • hmmm, I feel like the column of grass on the top right is a little unnecessary? I mean, there's no way to get there. maybe if you swapped the little round green thing (what even are those? does anyone know?) for a cuttable tree and put an item at the end of the grass or something, that might be better, but at the moment it seems a little pointless.

also, the houses on the top left seem a little too close to the treeline. you haven't left space for the back wall of the house, if that makes sense? it you imagine that section of the map from a different angle, the trees would be halfway inside the house.

but dude, you're getting way better at mapping! this is a much nicer map than your first go :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Hello guys, you really helped me :d ! I thing i fixed all of the errors founded by you and i mapped the strating town of my game. Here it is :
    Spoiler:

much better than last time, the only problem is how the house is placed on the mountain, move it 1 tile to the right and you should be golden, as for the little green blockades, they are pointless and sloppy, extend the mountain a wee bit to include 1 more tile to fit a line of trees, while also moving the existing trees on ground level over 1 to remove the pointless grass
    to keep the wild look I'd suggest adding the extra bit of mountain starting at the little blockade on ground level (right next to the mountain) it would keep a sort of symmetry as well as give it flare

Still, looks great, big improvement, if the next route goes north, or east and the north, you could continue the mountain onto the next route as well - just a suggestion though :P

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I AM BACK!...

...Okay, I'll stop with the theatralics.

This is Cerise Island a new city in my game Pokémon Blaze Red & Lush Green.
    It is located east of Route 13.
    cerise_island_by_44tim44-d72zmbn.png

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • that map is seriously gorgeous. I feel like the lighthouse is in kind of a weird position, though. aren't they supposed to be on the tip of a headland or something? the light is just going to shine straight into town when it comes around

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    @Semolous: Too empty for me. You have three tile wide roads.... with four tile wide sidewalks. I'd compress it and expand the park myself.

@Zodiac: Not as gaping, but it still feels empty to me. Slot a few benches/something in. I like that gym, that is the gym in the top right?

Viridian yet again. Base tileset is finished, now I'm going to be not silly with 40k+ tilesets by having multiple ones for different areas...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    @Semolous: Too empty for me. You have three tile wide roads.... with four tile wide sidewalks. I'd compress it and expand the park myself.

@Zodiac: Not as gaping, but it still feels empty to me. Slot a few benches/something in. I like that gym, that is the gym in the top right?

Viridian yet again. Base tileset is finished, now I'm going to be not silly with 40k+ tilesets by having multiple ones for different areas...
    Spoiler:

The problem I have with this map, is it look nothing like Viridian City.
    Originality is cool, and all, but I think it should at least some what like the original.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hey all, here's a part of a route from my Pokémon Empyrean. It's not yet finished 100%, need to add more detail
    and fix a few things here and there.

7uA3mrj.png

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    It's big, natural looking, and seems to be pretty finished. I need to learn to use elevation better.

The only sore point to me the cut trees, they really don't work(for me) randomly sprinkled like Rock Smash boulders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back