• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marin's Footprints

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Marin's Footprints

I've been sitting on the basic outline of this script for a few years now, and today someone asked me to make a footprint script (because Klein's is most likely broken), so I decided to finish it today.

Installation
    First off, install my Scripting Utilities.

Then, above Main, paste this script:
    Marin's Footprints

Be sure to download the graphics that come with the script as well. These 8 files should be placed in the Graphics/Characters folder.
    Graphics

Documentation

The terrain tag that determines whether or not to produce footprints is terrain tag 3, Sand. Footprints are only produces on tiles with this terrain tag, terrain tag 3, being Sand.

There are a few constants at the top of the script. I'll explain them below:
    • FADE_OUT_SPEED: This is how many points the opacity of a footprint will decrease per frame. This is 4 by default. Opacity goes from 255 to 0, so with a value of 4, this would take 256/4 = 64 frames. One second takes 40 frames, so this means each footprint stays visible for a little over one and a half second.
    • WALK_X/Y_OFFSET: This is a positioning offset that is applied to the footprint graphic when walking or running. This could be useful in case you want a different footprint graphic that doesn't align nicely with the player, or just generally need to adjust its placement.
    • BIKE_X/Y_OFFSET: Same as WALK_X/Y_OFFSET, but only while the player is biking.
    • DUPLICATE_FOOTSTEPS_WITH_FOLLOWER: If this variable is true, both the player and the follower will produce footprints. This will make them appear darker, and they may look weird when the player turns. If false (default), only the follower will produce footprints.
    • EVENTNAME_MAY_NOT_INCLUDE: This is a list of strings that may not appear in an event name for it to create footprints. In the example video at the top of this thread, the woman event has "NoFootprint" as its name, which makes it not produce footprints.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Hello

Your script shows an error on line 62.

For []

next $data_tilesets[tilesetid].terrain_tags[tile_id] == PBTerrain:: Sand

How can I fix this ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Specifically when the player is on the bicycle.

I don't understand this mistake.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hello

Your script shows an error on line 62.

For []

next $data_tilesets[tilesetid].terrain_tags[tile_id] == PBTerrain:: Sand

How can I fix this ?

I'll take a look at map transitions tomorrow. And भाग्य ज्योति, there is nothing to rename.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Updated to v1.1:
    • Events that go out of range will now still have their footprints fade out.
    • When the player or its follower moves to a new map, their footprints on the old map will no longer disappear instantly.
    • When the player transitions between maps on a bicycle, the game will no longer crash.
    • Added a list that checks filename for footprint creation rather than event name.

Last edited:
    Back