• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Martin Luther King Day

Years
    Happy Martin Luther King Day!

MLK Day is tomorrow in the U.S.A. I'm making what I hope will be a positive thread where we can spread the love, inspired by the life of a peaceful man who changed the world.

If you live in America do you have the dayoff tomorrow for Martin Luther King day?

Also if you could wish for anything to make the world a nicer place what would that be?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'd wish that every one would gain a stronger sense of empathy. Every person with a conscious would understand each other a little better which is good. Though this wouldn't affect everyone as there are some really horrible people.

Years
    It'd be brilliant if people would stop straining to discern the differences in each other, and instead realise the similarities. Yeah, it's a doorway to empathy, but more than that it's a path to solidarity. Solidarity galvanises meaningful change, and the world could do with quite a lot of that right now.

And let us not forget about the Aboriginal people of this world and how they suffer under the weight of neglect and disdain. Change is on its way, people.

Happy Martin Luther King day.

Years
    I had the day off today.

There are so many things I would like to fix. If I could only wish for one thing then I think it would be a home for everyone. I don't think any human being deserves to be standing on a cold, dangerous street corner with nothing to eat an nowhere to go.

I'd like to think that Martin Luther King would approve, because before he was assassinated he was organizing a Poor People's March.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I had the day off today.

There are so many things I would like to fix. If I could only wish for one thing then I think it would be a home for everyone. I don't think any human being deserves to be standing on a cold, dangerous street corner with nothing to eat an nowhere to go.

I'd like to think that Martin Luther King would approve, because before he was assassinated he was organizing a Poor People's March.

Pretty sure any one with not a stone cold heart would approve.

Back