• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive Multi Confusion

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Okay so that's in about an hour then? I should be around. Just double check with your partner and see if they're around

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Guys, set up your match via VM, not here. It's just cluttering the thread.
    And if it helps, GMT is EST-5, PST-8. I think Central is -7 but not totally sure.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2014
    we lost so very bad :/ good job avg and dt

Confirming mine and DTBlayde's victory

Oh bugger. Zygarde isn't cover. I'd forgotten. Sorry, I need to write out an actual ban list. Mewtwo and Zygarde are both banned under flat rules. Also, flat rules is actually VGC rules. There's no bans on move/item combinations.

Does this mean it's native Kalos Dex only? No Metagross for instance

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Am I mixing people up again? Sorry. Uhhhhh... Okay. Battle Spot flat rules are actually VGC rules. We're just using plain flat rules, which specifically ban the overpowered legendaries, repeat pokemon, and repeat items. That's it.

Normally I'd say flat rules = VGC rules, except this year's VGC rules are special, for the first year of X and Y's release.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Am I mixing people up again? Sorry. Uhhhhh... Okay. Battle Spot flat rules are actually VGC rules. We're just using plain flat rules, which specifically ban the overpowered legendaries, repeat pokemon, and repeat items. That's it.

Normally I'd say flat rules = VGC rules, except this year's VGC rules are special, for the first year of X and Y's release.

Wait, so we're able to use non-Kalos pokemon? We've been team building specifically to VGC rules because that's what you said in that post above D:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Dude, come on chat and maybe we can explain everything. The more I explain it on here, the more holes I'll leave open and the more holes that I leave open, the more room for misunderstanding. VGC teams are fine to use in the tourney. In fact, they might be better depending on the situation.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Doy. Ooka and Arsa, you'll be battling TheGr8 and EV. Your match will be extended by a day. I need to fix the matchups.
    Change of plans. Ooka and Arsa is against Abarai and Starlight, due to a no-show and a re-emergence. Matches are due tomorrow. (no more, please?)

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Can I ask how is it that we've been given a loss? We've been online and able to battle just as much as Abarai and Starlight have - not to mention we were trying to sort out a battle time last night.

w/e.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I am afraid that I will have to withdraw from the tourny. I am afraid I had to go out of the country for a few weeks to stay with my some family after an unexpected death. I apologize for this. I didn't bring my 3DS or good computer, so it's hard to keep in touch.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Me and TheGr8Dork won 2 out 2 games versus avg and DTBlayde. gg guys <3

Back