• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mature Anime/ Manga

Years
    Yeah...and by Mature I mean, rated 15...not 18/NC-17 x_x

Yeah, well after watching Hellsing and planning on buying Vampire Hunter D, I thought, hey, why not make a thread dedicated to Mature Anime.

Well...I have given up on most 12/PG-13 Anime because they don't take my fancy that much...don't get me wrong, I still love such things as Dragon Ball Z and still plan on buying Full Metal Alchemist, but Mature Anime seems to be for me...anyways...I have babbled on enough now.

So, what Mature Anime have you guy's watched? As I said, I have bought and watched Hellsing and plan on buying the Manga as well and I adored it *Looks at her sig, Avatar, LJ ext*...and I think its fair to say I got myself obsessed as well.

Having next to no good anime in the UK, I thought, heck, Ill buy my own and after looking for what seemed like forever I found Hellsing XD

Well, I suppose this thread can be used for recommendations as well, because I am always looking for some good anime to buy.

I of course Recommend Hellsing if you like Blood and Vampires...which I most certainly do, XD

pkmntrainer kamaro

That One Guy
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    last night i watched FLCL but i'm not sure if it's is mature maybe i mean it show good deatails like samuri clamploo

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Would you count GunGrave as a Mature anime? I really like that anime.

Years
    Naruto...hmm...well the uncut version has been rated PG-13 for blood, but not enough to be concidered Mature...I don't know much of Naruto only that it is being shown on Toonami later in the year here in the UK and will be classified as PG...so the uncut is deffinantly gorier...they have cut all of this from the PG version...which is a bummer really.

Gungrave is a Mature Anime, rated M/15 for gore and gothic/ dark theams, so yes it is a mature anime...and I do very much like the looks of it o.o...I think its safe to say that its going on my "to buy" list after I have the Hellsing manga XD...though volume 3 has been rated PG13/12 o.o...wounder why that is...must not have as much gore as the previouse 2 volumes.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    Mature Anime IS A Matter Of Opinion Really. I Think One Piece Is A Mature Show (NOT The Crappy Dub) Same With DBZ (NOT The Crappy First Dub) But You'll Find Most People Disagree With Me. Meh. Just Sayin, It's Sorta A Matter Of Opinion.

Years
    XP, I'm not talking about matter of oppinion ^_^ I mean...if it is rated M/15 then thats the mature anime that we are talking about...I mean, you are right that it can be a matter of oppinion...but I am really talking of the ones that are actually rated Mature or 15's.

I agree that Naruto and such things can be classed as mature to some people...well...the uncuts anyway...I think the problem with dubs is that they make them for kids...not for teen's...they cut out the best parts (gore) and thus it is made for kids...seriously, we need more uncuts...or at least a channel that plays them XP

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I thought Gungrave would be a Mature anime I knew I was right. It is like one of my favorite animes now. Grave is so awesome.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I read the Angel Sanctuary manga, which is 16+. I've also read a little bit of Juvenile Orion, where the first volume is 13+ and from the second volume up it's considered mature. I don't know why they didn't just label the entire series 16+, but it's still an awesome manga. I think the Rurouni Kenshin manga has an older teens rating; if so you can count that for me as well. Most of the anime I watch is rated for ages 13 and up, though.

Lucid

I?m gonna say my beloved Angel Sanctuary manga/anime series. Incest, religion, sex, and gore are what the plot is built around, most of which are taboo in the US. ;p

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I dunno if Love Hina (the manga) would really count as mature.

But meh, that's a really good manga. Too bad the producers f*cked it up on the anime. :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    ~*Strider*~ said:
    I don't know much of Naruto only that it is being shown on Toonami later in the year here in the UK and will be classified as PG...
    When was that confirmed? CN haven't said anything of the sort about acquiring Naruto yet. I have no doubt that they will eventually, but not so soon... I mean it took a year for One Piece to come over here, as well as many of the other stuff (apart from Transformers Cybertron which is only 2 months).

By PG, do you mean US ratings or UK ratings, as the UK ratings are a lot tougher (A TV-Y7 may be a PG over here, and a PG may be a 12)?

Years
    MCD: I am sure I heared it from SPPF one time, Naruto is suppose to be showing late on this year on Toonami, though I am not completely sure if it is true.

I mean PG UK rating...I saw a twelve once...and bloody hell was it gory...I would have at least classified it as a fifteen XP

Zero ex: Gungrave is a mature Anime, I said so in my last post ^_^

Hotaru: I think I may actually watch/ read that Angel sanctuary...though next on my to buy list is Gungrave *Has gotten rather interested in it* XD...I'm such an anime gothic fan XD

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    For me, if it's funny I'll probably watch it... Hmm, if they ever dubbed Dokuro-chan (not that they will) I can't see that getting a less-than-15 rating (you'll know what I mean if you've seen it XD).

Lucid

Hotaru: I think I may actually watch/ read that Angel sanctuary...though next on my to buy list is Gungrave *Has gotten rather interested in it* XD...I'm such an anime gothic fan XD
    AS isn't really that gothic, pretty much every fight sceen ends in gore though. ;p Ether way, it's a great read.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Hmmmm... Well, I don't actually watch much anime anymore, I've been far more into manga for some time now. But as far as that goes... I'm a Gravi fanboy, that counts, I guess (I'd say mainly for the subject matter, knowing the homophobia of US media, but...). Doesn't mean I also don't enjoy a good bout of Goth/Horror manga, Lament of the Lamb being a title in that catagory I rather like. Angel Sanctuary IS enjoyable, though recently, I've found myself batting around Alichino more than AS.

Back