• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mature RP forum?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
Somehow I doubt that. :\ People here have no problems with the violence issue. In WWC, we've done some pretty violent things ourselves, and teh only reason why he haven't gotten too discriptive was because we didn't feel like it. The only encouragement I see coming from a mature Rp forum is sexual Material, which I disprove of. This is a forum based on a rated G video game and TV series. Granted teh whole forum isn't built that way, but none the less due to teh audience we get, we have to be conservative in our actions. It may not be what we want, but as the elder members we have resposibilities to keep an eye out for the younger member.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
I know that, I checked in periodically on WWC. Bt ther is admittedly a stigma involved with getting too descriptive in certain violent acts. I found that out for myself in a rather negative way. There are a lot of good RPrs here and I don't like seeing their potential limited in such a severe way (at least as I see it).

On sexual stuff, I already adressed it, but I'll say it again: The people who are intrested in this would not go into description of sexual acts. We would, in all likelihood, involve it but there would by no means be hardcore descriptions of sexual acts. I can see problems if we implemented a simple raating system or an open-access forum, but I don't support either of those options.

Furthermore, as I said before, PC is growing up. Many of the RPrs are getting to the point where they wish to explore darker aspects of human nature. Giving them a place to do do may well keep them here. If a member didn't wish to have access, then so be it, it could be selective, as the T-Dome is. But as it is now, I wouldn't dare put up a few of my favorite RPs, just because of the darker, more sinister materials they involve.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
Darker stories doesn't necessitate an "M" rating. As long as it doesn't fall into things like sex and gore (a lot of gore, anyway) I don't see why you can't put that into an RP forum - perhaps with a warning on it.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Mainly because a couple of my faves DO involve a lot of gore, violence and, in particular, rather objectionable levels of occultism. Furthermore, I've found that some less mature people can't quite handle what I'm trying to do in these and thusly criticize it for challenging accepted notions of, per se, death.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
Exavtly, if we had a place where the superior RPers could role play without the semi-imposed limitations, not neccisarily by rules, but by other members disagreeing in the RP, then it would solve a lot of arguments, spammy RPGs, and I know of at least one friendship that's being strained because of this kind of thing.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
I think we should trial a ratings system, where you put a rating on your own RP and warn the players not to go above that... it might work, it's worth a try at least.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Ok time for a reply (since I was asked to look over this).

I can see why all you want a mature RP forum but look at it this way.
I can't see it getting very big, most of the members that will see that Sub-Forum in the T-Dome will think "Oh that forum is just going to be about sex because most of the T-Dome is about sex and that kind of stuff". And it's true, the T-Dome was ment to be a forum for more mature members (as in starting every thread about some sexual topic) or Political threads. Now look what it has turned into.
Before the T-Dome was started the Community Founders (Kwesi and Steve) didn't want the T-Dome that much. When PC was started it was a place for people (more like kids from 10-14) to talk about Pokemon. Not about the stuff going on in the T-Dome.

You can see where I am going with this. I think the T-Dome RP would just end up like the T-Dome. Unless there was strict rules on what can't be done in the T-D RP forum.

But when I come back to it all I still just can't see this forum getting many threads.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
Arcanine said:
Ok time for a reply (since I was asked to look over this).

I can see why all you want a mature RP forum but look at it this way.
I can't see it getting very big, most of the members that will see that Sub-Forum in the T-Dome will think "Oh that forum is just going to be about sex because most of the T-Dome is about sex and that kind of stuff". And it's true, the T-Dome was ment to be a forum for more mature members (as in starting every thread about some sexual topic) or Political threads. Now look what it has turned into.
Before the T-Dome was started the Community Founders (Kwesi and Steve) didn't want the T-Dome that much. When PC was started it was a place for people (more like kids from 10-14) to talk about Pokemon. Not about the stuff going on in the T-Dome.

You can see where I am going with this. I think the T-Dome RP would just end up like the T-Dome. Unless there was strict rules on what can't be done in the T-D RP forum.

But when I come back to it all I still just can't see this forum getting many threads.

It's my opinion that the roleplayers mature enough to really RP in there aren't the type to let the forum get to that level. I'm all in favor of a rating system, other than the fact that there's nothing stopping a nine-year-old from clicking on an R-rated RPG and reading about blood, gore, torture, ect.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Shineyelectrode said:
It's my opinion that the roleplayers mature enough to really RP in there aren't the type to let the forum get to that level. I'm all in favor of a rating system, other than the fact that there's nothing stopping a nine-year-old from clicking on an R-rated RPG and reading about blood, gore, torture, ect.
Blood, gore, torture is not not something I am concerned about. You watch almost any movie now days and you will most likely see that (atleast any fighting movie).

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
Arcanine said:
Blood, gore, torture is not not something I am concerned about. You watch almost any movie now days and you will most likely see that (atleast any fighting movie).

Yeah, but most roleplays won't be containing explicit material if it's done by those who can RP well, at least not most of the time. So, the only reason not to have it in the T-dome would be the rare cance that it might degrade into explicitness, which I doubt, versus making a rating system, which doesn't stop anyone from reading the RPGs, even if they do contain some explicit material.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
LittleFascistPanties16 said:
Make it a subsection of T-Dome.

There, I've said my peace XD

I agree. I'm not really into RP'ing, butI support it, since so many of you supported my T-Dome suggestion.

AdamHays

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2004
i don't RP,but i believe that there should be a forum/thread like this in T-Dome.if it is in T-dome then what is wrong with it?

Back