• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Maximum amount of EVs from vitamines

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I'm not very experienced with XSE and so far I have stumbled several times when I tried to make changes at my rom-hack. Up to now I've always been able to find some sort of workaround, but now that I stumbled again, I ask here for a change.

A while ago I did a emerald nuzelocke. I was annoyed by the amount of time I had to invest into grinding, so I decided to create my own nuzelocke that allows you to play without grinding at all. Obviously you get cheap rare candies in the mart early on. However, there are the EVs, for which you still need to grind, if you want to play optimally. (And me being me, that's what I'd do.) Therefore you also get cheap vitamins as well. But of course they only give you a maximum of 100 of a certain stat, unlike beating wild pokemon. How can I change this maximum to 255?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    ModExe provides an extremely easy one-click way to do this. Well, it's usually set to increase the max to 200, not 255, but that's easily changeable through the "hacks" config file that comes with it. Just open the file in notepad, find the vitamin hack, and change those C8 and C7 bytes. You'd want to change C8 to FF (255 in hex) and C7 to FE (254 in hex). However, it would probably be even safer to change the limit to less than 255 to avoid using an FF byte. Pretty sure the only attainable amount is 252 anyway? Regardless, change C8 in the hacks file to your max in hex, and change C7 to your max-1 in hex. Save the file and then use ModExe to set the modification. If that was unclear, ask away :)

Back