• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

May Map Making Contest

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    May Map Making Contest

Following Dawson's idea, I've taken up the responsibility for the Map Contests held on PC.

Since the first contest had a pretty good number of entries, it did "work and proved quite popular", so this time we're going to have a themed map contest (see below for more details).

1. Rules

a) You must follow the theme and use the tileset given (if the case) on section 3;
    b) Maps can be done in the any of the game making programs stated on section 3;
    c) You can enter only one map; in case you post more than one, only the first one will count;
    d) Maps must be original work. No remakes/copies;
    e) Comments to posted maps are allowed as long they're constructive;
    f) Maps must have an identifying name;

2. Awards

Still need to be worked on.

3. Theme/Tileset/Program

a) Theme: the theme for this contest will be "Pokémon Forest or Cave".
    b) Tileset: Any Pokémon resource.
    c) Program: Rpg Maker 2000 (RM2k), Rpg Maker 2003 (RM2k3), Rpg Maker XP (RMXP), Sphere, Game Maker series (therefore, NO hacking program allowed).

4. Final considerations:

a) This is not a Screenshot contest, so any in-game map screenshot will be disconsidered;
    b) The map image must be big enough to see and, if your game making program allows it, without the tile grid;
    c) Don't post your image as an attachment; use Imageshack or something similar;

5. Dates:

Submit your entry until 13th May. After that, voting will start and will continue until 20th May.

So that's it, hope it gets the same attention from the last contest.

Have fun,

~Azura.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • Ok, guess i'll kick it off. This is my map called Seasonal Forest.
    Pretty obvious why. But every 30 Mins of game play, the season with-in the forest changes, (so do the events but you cant see them) And the smaller parts are the Springs deep with-in the forest, where a different pokemon is in each season.

SeasonalForest.png
    [/IMG]

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    As long as it looks like Pokémon (no RTP hybrids, please), it's allowed.

Years
  • Here is my entry. It is called BriarKnoll Forest. This map was origianly for a really old fangame I was making. I just revamped it with my graphics.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • I thought I might enter.. but lack of free time has limited what I can make but I gave it a go and here is the result.
    [ENTRY REMOVED]

I hope it you guys like it. Took about 1 - 2 hours give or take.

Edit: Map sucked.. No point entering it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    I was going to enter, but I saw rmsk3kid's and decided to just go away. Maybe I'll enter after somebody posts a really bad map XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    The Snow Cave is great, but Weavile, it's not supposed to be practical, it's a mapping contest, and thats it :)

The Seasonal Forest looks great, I'd love to use that in my game :P Great Idea

Last edited:

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • So, i guess the voting begins now?
    Wasnt much of a turn out this time, hopefully this wont effect the next contest?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    This is a map of my game in rpgmaker xp. This is a pokemon city
    Lypo City
    lypocitynowywygladzc6.png

Years
  • The Snow Cave is great, but Weavile, it's not supposed to be practical, it's a mapping contest, and thats it :)

The Seasonal Forest looks great, I'd love to use that in my game :P Great Idea

It might be a mapping contest, but it is a mapping contest in the Game Development forum, therefore practility needs to count.

Anyway, my vote goes to... No one. My reason: I really don't see any maps that are practical, yet have the neccessary amount of detail.

Back