• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

May or Misty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2004
    Who would you rather have on the show? May or Misty and why?
    I pick Misty, because she likes water pokemon and I feel bad that she had to leave. I didn't want her to go. :\

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    this thread has been done too many times, I'm sure if you looked, you would've seen the other thread on this same topic...

Anyways, I'm a May guy myself...I really got tired of seeing Misty in the anime. in later Johto episodes, it seemed she was just there as part of the background and had only two or three lines each episode. She really didn't have a deep enough personality to stay on the show for much longer, and that's exactly why I felt it was a good decision to leave her behind for a while for her to rest her character and add some more to it through her experiences at the Cerulean gym. May on the other hand is a very charismatic character, and sorta helped inverse Ash's role in the show from the immature ameteur to a sorta mentor figure.

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
    Once again, you are an expert with these subject tmbjr...

Yeah, Misty was a great character, but like tmbjr said, she didnt really have a purpose later on... But she now has a chance to rebuild her character back at home, while we get a new character to get bored of over the seasons. As far as the currency in the series, I'll go with May. But since I was a long time fan of Misty before May, I'll go with her too... X_X its so hard to decide. *flips a coin* ...Tails, I'll pick May.

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
    I go with Misty. May is so inexperianced, and shouldnt be traveling with a pkmn MASTER. lol

Misty's been there since the beginning, and she shoulda stayed there until the end. Brock too. But Brock had a good reason. Misty didnt.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Once again, it?s time for me to say why I prefer Misty to May! The greatest of all reasons is the fact that Misty?s been in the anime since the first episode, and May is such a poor replacement for someone that I?ve grown to know in the five years she was on the anime. How much more do we know about Misty?s aspirations, desires, and personality than we do about May?s? I?ll tell you?a great deal more. She?s so much richer in backstory and personality than May. May, for the thirty or so episodes we?ve seen her, hasn?t done much. All I?ve seen her do is add on to comments made by Ash and Brock, nothing more. Her personality is so bland it bores me to watch her. Misty is very vivid: we all know (and hopefully most of appreciate the fact) that she is a fiery, independent tomboy who is adventurous, intelligent, and a dedicated, specialized trainer. May is bland?just a simple tween girl with simple thoughts?all she wants to do is follow Ash. Besides, there?s no romance between Ash and May...at least we had a lot of great AAML hints in the first five seasons...I loved that they would hint to it but never reveal anything. May has no emotion, least of all love. Also, I think May is horribly generic, the dull personality aside. She?s the female rival from R/S, with the generic pokemon trainer outfit to boot. At least Misty had her own outfit, her own style, all that...we?ve seen her with her hair down, in a kimono, as a mermaid, in several different outfits, all tailored to her and her personality. May never changes, she never does anything special. Misty never lost her personality in Johto?it was taken away from her. As the good episodes spiraled down into filler episodes, everyone lost their personality. Misty became the peanut gallery, Brock became cheap comic relief, Ash was...well...Ash. When the writers? lost their creativity, they forgot what everyone was like, then after bringing Misty back to what she used to be they cut her unceremoniously, like they did with Brock before the Orange Islands arc. Misty adds so much to the show?one might say that May does as well, but I think she doesn?t add anything, but replaces what Misty had, or more like it, detracts from what Misty had. May isn?t at all vibrant as Misty was, but just a poor replacement who does nothing and adds nothing to the show. Misty is the original, she?s what I grew up seeing, and May could never replace what Misty brought me in my younger years.

Years
    I really do like Misty, but I do prefer May, Misty started to go on a little, but was a laugh..It was a tough choice..But May is whom Im picking!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2005
    i like may much better than misty. misty used to be fun in kanto, but after that she's gotten dull and may was a GREAT replacement. i also like the fact that may actually accepts ash's arguments instead of just yelling back every time

Kitty17794

Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Once again, it?s time for me to say why I prefer Misty to May! The greatest of all reasons is the fact that Misty?s been in the anime since the first episode, and May is such a poor replacement for someone that I?ve grown to know in the five years she was on the anime. How much more do we know about Misty?s aspirations, desires, and personality than we do about May?s? I?ll tell you?a great deal more. She?s so much richer in backstory and personality than May. May, for the thirty or so episodes we?ve seen her, hasn?t done much. All I?ve seen her do is add on to comments made by Ash and Brock, nothing more. Her personality is so bland it bores me to watch her. Misty is very vivid: we all know (and hopefully most of appreciate the fact) that she is a fiery, independent tomboy who is adventurous, intelligent, and a dedicated, specialized trainer. May is bland?just a simple tween girl with simple thoughts?all she wants to do is follow Ash. Besides, there?s no romance between Ash and May...at least we had a lot of great AAML hints in the first five seasons...I loved that they would hint to it but never reveal anything. May has no emotion, least of all love. Also, I think May is horribly generic, the dull personality aside. She?s the female rival from R/S, with the generic pokemon trainer outfit to boot. At least Misty had her own outfit, her own style, all that...we?ve seen her with her hair down, in a kimono, as a mermaid, in several different outfits, all tailored to her and her personality. May never changes, she never does anything special. Misty never lost her personality in Johto?it was taken away from her. As the good episodes spiraled down into filler episodes, everyone lost their personality. Misty became the peanut gallery, Brock became cheap comic relief, Ash was...well...Ash. When the writers? lost their creativity, they forgot what everyone was like, then after bringing Misty back to what she used to be they cut her unceremoniously, like they did with Brock before the Orange Islands arc. Misty adds so much to the show?one might say that May does as well, but I think she doesn?t add anything, but replaces what Misty had, or more like it, detracts from what Misty had. May isn?t at all vibrant as Misty was, but just a poor replacement who does nothing and adds nothing to the show. Misty is the original, she?s what I grew up seeing, and May could never replace what Misty brought me in my younger years.

AMEN! You said it perfectly

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Yeah, may is better than Misty!, cause she's famous from a game!
    What in sam hill are you talking about? Who do you think led the Cerulean Gym in the first 6 games? Furthermore, just because someone is from a game doesn't in any way make them better as far as a character from the show goes. Anyway, May, I feel, as others do, is nothing more than a cheap and rather poorly thought out Misty replacement who adds nothing, even detracts from the show. Misty had a plausible backstory for following Ash, and it built up for a while. May doesn't, she just needs someone to protect and shelter her or the like. Whereas Misty was **** & vinegar, able to stand up to any perv, loser, or jerk who she came across, May sort've just cowers and hides. Misty's outfit was changed from the game, whereas May didn't, and personally, I don't like the look whatsoever. She declined in the Johto arc, but we still got to see some of what she used to be, and it makes me happy. May, though I can partially respect her as a character, and would probably like her better if I had seen her first, makes the show boring, to the point that if I didn't know about AG 45 & 46 I might well stop watching.

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    *speechless* WOW...Chairman Kaga, that was one great speech!! =D Honestly, it was. Misty fans all over would bow down to you for that!

And now for my turn. So, who here knows who i'm going to pick? Its not that hard! ;p *points to various posts of mine and the BMB Club*

Well its got to be the awesome Red head Misty. For reasons exactly what Kaga said. I can't think of much else to say, he took the words out of my mouth! *lol*
    I can not tell you how much i miss Misty, she was such a huge part of Pokemon for me and without her around Pokemon has a huge hole in it. Plus i am so devoted to Pokeshipping, i refuse to accept the idea of it never happening and Ash never seeing Misty again. As i said before, the relationship between the two is like two untied strings. In the end they will be tied together, but at the moment its just hanging in the Air. I am confident that Misty's absence is
    just like when Brock left. He came back didn't he?

Also, only a day or two ago i found out on Serebii that 4kids (the Dubbers) have signed a contract saying they will dub Pokemon for 3 more seasons/sagas ! This is official and not a rumour. IMO, that should really reasure us Misty fans because three seasons means that AG will be over before that, and there is plenty of time for her to come back. *hopeful expressions* :D

And of course, i loath May and could start a rant but i won't. All i know is that she will never replace our Misty and next to her May looks like a little immature, preppy idiot. *closes mouth before any bashing comes out*

I have alot of proof about Misty coming back but i won't blab on about it now ^^;

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2004
    I miss Misty, even though she's not real she's still a great character. I hope Misty does come back of joining Ash in his adventure. Misty is COOL! LOL

Kitty17794

Years
    ~*Silent Tattsu*~ said:
    *speechless* WOW...Chairman Kaga, that was one great speech!! =D Honestly, it was. Misty fans all over would bow down to you for that!

And now for my turn. So, who here knows who i'm going to pick? Its not that hard! ;p *points to various posts of mine and the BMB Club*

Well its got to be the awesome Red head Misty. For reasons exactly what Kaga said. I can't think of much else to say, he took the words out of my mouth! *lol*
    I can not tell you how much i miss Misty, she was such a huge part of Pokemon for me and without her around Pokemon has a huge hole in it. Plus i am so devoted to Pokeshipping, i refuse to accept the idea of it never happening and Ash never seeing Misty again. As i said before, the relationship between the two is like two untied strings. In the end they will be tied together, but at the moment its just hanging in the Air. I am confident that Misty's absence is
    just like when Brock left. He came back didn't he?

Also, only a day or two ago i found out on Serebii that 4kids (the Dubbers) have signed a contract saying they will dub Pokemon for 3 more seasons/sagas ! This is official and not a rumour. IMO, that should really reasure us Misty fans because three seasons means that AG will be over before that, and there is plenty of time for her to come back. *hopeful expressions* :D

And of course, i loath May and could start a rant but i won't. All i know is that she will never replace our Misty and next to her May looks like a little immature, preppy idiot. *closes mouth before any bashing comes out*

I have alot of proof about Misty coming back but i won't blab on about it now ^^;

Yay for Pokeshipping :D And what is your proof? I'm interested in hearing :)

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    May's a lot nicer, so I guess I like her best. Misty's okay, but I can't stand her bad temper XD

*dies*

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    It was Misty's temper that made her classic! And a great character, I mean, how can you not respect someone who can beat the living snot out of her two traveling companions pretty much at will?

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    I definitely agree with the Adamant Dodger. Misty's temper was what made her so interesting! The fact that she doesn't have such a plastic personality like May does (and by plastic I mean fake, you know Barbie-doll),does it for me. Misty's character just had more interesting interactions with other people.

Phoenix Boy

Guess Whos Back..........
    Years
    I knew i would see this again sooner or later once again i am voting for misty. Misty gets along with people better as may moans at very dessicion that ash chosses that gets kind of anoyying May is also like a small child as she keeps wanting food and to stop walking *shuts mouth just like tatt did to stop a rant*

Zeo

Moron
    Years
    I'm Say May is Better on the show.

But just so I can have Misty all to myself

Support Misty X Zeo Shipping

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back