• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

May vs. Dawn--Who's Better

Who's Better ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Well, Dawn to me is way cooler than May. She reminds me of Misty in a couple of ways. I mean she has that cheerful attitude that Misty had. For May, she wasn't all that sweet, bneacuse she would get angry a lot

Siliva

Official Fanfic Writer
    Years
    Well, Dawn to me is way cooler than May. She reminds me of Misty in a couple of ways. I mean she has that cheerful attitude that Misty had. For May, she wasn't all that sweet, bneacuse she would get angry a lot

HAVE YOU SEEN the Kanto season? Misty gets angry every other episode. Well, that could be a stretch, but it's a lot nonetheless. It's taking a lot not to turn this topic into a flame war, so I'll just keep it at that.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    May has a nice variety of Pokemon. And I really love the ones she has. Torchic/Combusken/Blazekin is one of my favorite starters. Skitty is my favorite Pokemon. Eevee is another favorite. Her Munchlax was awesome. Her Beautifly was awesome in contests. I didn't care much for Squirtle and Bulbasaur, but I didn't mind them.

The only Pokemon I like of Dawn's are Pacharisu and Buneary. And I don't really like the fact that she has two water Pokemon. I also don't like how she already has 4 Pokemon.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They both have "cute" Pokemon and a strong one to make them look as though they're strong. Although Torchic was cute too and rather weak at the start. Misty had Psyduck as a comic relief Pokemon. Her other Pokemon...did nothing. Togepi did nothing until AG except from a few random explosions (lol) Staru/Starmie did nothing and the other was sent away. Or maybe they both were. Oh yeah, I remember. Starmie was really weak in battle and lost EVERY battle it was in. I'm sure. I don't know. Goldeen...did nothing too. She could hardly use a fish on land. Corsola did battle a bit in Master Quest though.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    I would have to say Dawn. May just seems too into her stupid little contests. Plus, Dawn's MUCH prettier!

Dude. Dawn does contests too. o_o Plus she dresses up and everything for her contests, that makes her seem way more into them than May did.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Just wondering, is that the only reason why some of you like Dawn beacuse she has a mini-skirt ? I like her beacuse she the best character ever and she has a big road ahead of her and there only one wasy for Dawn to go and that's up

You know, I was asking the same question. 0_o

Actually, that's the reason I don't like Dawn. Any girl who travels through a country on foot while wearing a miniskirt next to a pervert (Brock) and a kid who's probably going through puberty as we speak (Ash) is hiding something. [/Complete Idiocy]

Alright, I admit it, Dawn is just... meh. I didn't really like it that we had two girly-girls in a row. Thinking about it, the only reason she and May are different as far as things go is the measure of confidence, which isn't really defining enough anymore. I was hoping for a completely different character, and I got... well...

Yeah, major letdown. I'll stick with May, thanks, she was there first and she doesn't wear a miniskirt when she's within three feet of Brock. 0_o

By the way, doesn't anyone else think it's strange that Brock has never gone ga-ga over a lead female character?[/Offtopic]

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    You know, I was asking the same question. 0_o

Actually, that's the reason I don't like Dawn. Any girl who travels through a country on foot while wearing a miniskirt next to a pervert (Brock) and a kid who's probably going through puberty as we speak (Ash) is hiding something. [/Complete Idiocy]

Alright, I admit it, Dawn is just... meh. I didn't really like it that we had two girly-girls in a row. Thinking about it, the only reason she and May are different as far as things go is the measure of confidence, which isn't really defining enough anymore. I was hoping for a completely different character, and I got... well...

Yeah, major letdown. I'll stick with May, thanks, she was there first and she doesn't wear a miniskirt when she's within three feet of Brock. 0_o

By the way, doesn't anyone else think it's strange that Brock has never gone ga-ga over a lead female character?[/Offtopic]

Well, Brock only really likes older women anyway. At the very least, he doesn't go for girls younger than him, which eliminates all three female leads from his radar.

And while May and Dawn are both girlier than, say, Misty, Dawn is the one who actually participates in more girly things, like fashion and hair-care (which was shown with Piplup in one of the earlier episodes). May was generally lacking in such normal tendencies a girl (Edit: lacking the tomboyish qualities Misty has) actually should have.

And as much as people are obsessing over Dawn's skirt, I still think it worse for people to obsess over May's (I have to be careful how I say this) "assets" for a 10-year-old. x_x

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, Brock only really likes older women anyway. At the very least, he doesn't go for girls younger than him, which eliminates all three female leads from his radar.

And while May and Dawn are both girlier than, say, Misty, Dawn is the one who actually participates in more girly things, like fashion and hair-care (which was shown with Piplup in one of the earlier episodes). May was generally lacking in such normal tendencies a girl actually should have.

And as much as people are obsessing over Dawn's skirt, I still think it worse for people to obsess over May's (I have to be careful how I say this) "assets" for a 10-year-old. x_x

At the risk of a warning, I would say that is funny. As for Brock, he turned down a chance to hit on the girl with the Gardevoir in the Sinnoh saga. *gasp* I have yet to form an opinion on this.

Jordan.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Um... *sweatdrops*

Just look closely. And May's "assets" are slightly more forgiveable then Dawn's miniskirt. Dawn can switch that miniskirt for something else any time she wants, but May's obsessive trait is a part of her body. (Although, I suppose she could stop wearing that bikini she randomly posed in during that one episode...)

May was just as girly as Dawn, she was simply girly in personality as opposed to fashion. I prefer personality. Dawn reminds me of those horribly stereotypic girls you always see in children's television who are like "ZOMG I BROKE A NAIL!"

Really, what's up with that? My sisters are just as girly as Dawn, but I've never seen them obsess like she does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back