• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ME! - Eleanor from Tales of Berseria (pls?)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

After months of going by the name "Eleanor" and changing my profile's aesthetic to sort of tribute this character I relate so much with, I've noticed through various conversations how there are in fact more people than I imagined who really like Eleanor (from Tales of Berseria) as well! This has got me thinking about making a thread, and finally it's here!

Yes, because if there's something I didn't quite expect to find out, it's to see so many more people in here who really love Eleanor and relate to her! To explain better: this is surely a more positive perception than what I've got by looking at other discussions online, back when I was still going through the game myself. Eleanor sure had her supporters, but there were also other people saying that she was indeed too much of a "crybaby" or slightly clueless in general, some more people who just didn't find it easy to main as her (something I still can't argue as I'm new to this whole genre of games), or some people who just found her boring when compared to other characters.

That said, I have to admit that it was these flaws which made Eleanor even more relatable for me, and really made her feel closer to a real person (specifically, me...) rather than just another fictional character. All I can add on this is that once again, Tales games portrayed their characters very well, and had them really drive the whole game experience. But now, I'm curious! I'd like to hear more about what you think of Eleanor, if you only like her as a character or if you relate to her as well, if you agree with some of the flaws listed above or if you think she's better than she's given credit for!

Not having played that many games in this genre - as I said - the number of characters I know from them is also limited, and this is probably another reason why Eleanor stands out to me. Nostalgia is something very personal and very powerful, after all - but knowing how much this affects me is another thing I'm curious about!

Alright, rambling over, thanks for reading all that~
    Inspiration!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    She was a jerk at first but her character grew pretty quickly yeah. Her relationship with Laphicet seemed pretty genuine when she wasn't being used by holier-than-thou so-called 'goodies' manipulating her.

Berseria was definitely the best Tales of game I've played since Symphonia. Though that's not saying much since literally the only other Tales of games I've played are Symphonia and the sequel everyone hates (except me) before recently when I started collecting them, even the old ones lol. (I only went as far back as the PS3 & 3DS ones though)

Also here's my obligatory 'Tales of Zestiria isn't as bad as everyone claims it is' statement.

Years
    I like Eleanor well enough as much as I like every Berseria party member, but she isn't one of my favorites nor do I relate to her in any meaningful way. I liked her development over the story and the comedic contrast of this flawed goody two shoes initially forced to work with these criminals and daemons. I never played with her that much in battle but appreciated how as an AI party member later in the game she'd always start casting her reviving arte frame one if I ran out of HP haha.

Tales of Berseria was my first Tales game and I too have a sense of nostalgia and know I'll always remember the characters fondly. I still get emo listening to the end credits theme remembering their journey...

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I wasn't originally planning on doing this... but this forum isn't letting me mention other forum members. I tried to use the '@' but it doesn't work. I know this forum isn't like Discord but it works like that on other forums I'm a member of.

Cherrim, Dusk & Dawn I've posted my thoughts now that I'm finished with Tales of Zestiria in the 'what game are you currently playing' thread

Feel free to respond or ignore it like you probably will. Just putting this out there.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    do you really want to make me spill my guts out about eleanor hume...............

anyway i'm not usually interested in female characters idk call it internalized mysogyny ig but when she was revealed i loved her design already and was super excited for her. there was a group in the tales rpc on tumblr and like i am pretty sure i was the first eleanor blog there lol like i had hardly anything to go by to even rp as her but i made it anyway bc she was already so perfect to me wow?? but anyway i love her so much i guess i find her relatable as well bc i'm a bit of a Weenie or. a crybaby exorcist if you will! it's been a long time since i played so i can't remember everything very well, but i just found her character very compelling and i love her. my gorlfriend.......... i think she is also so important to me bc HA this is so lame but liking her so much and seeing her interactions w velvet and even magilou kinda helped me come to terms with being bisexual. i always had a hard time communicating with girls over my life.

anyway at the Last Con I Attended (rip cons) i met her VA and got her signature on an eleanor print. i still need a frame but the picture is literally on my nightstand leaning against the wall. she is so important to me......pleading face emoji.......

oh and i know i'm in the minority here but i love oscar lmdfalkdsajfdlksafjdsa he and eleanor are my favorite characters and yes i had a blog for oscar too don't @ me

Years
    ...seeing her interactions w velvet...
    ...anyway at the Last Con I Attended (rip cons) i met her VA and got her signature on an eleanor print. i still need a frame but the picture is literally on my nightstand leaning against the wall. she is so important to me......pleading face emoji.......
    Omg I always wished they would have made an unlockable outfit for Velvet that's just her default outfit but mended by Eleanor like she offered in that one skit. :pleanor:
    I wish I could meet Erica Mendez! She voices a lot of characters I like in video games and anime.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Omg I always wished they would have made an unlockable outfit for Velvet that's just her default outfit but mended by Eleanor like she offered in that one skit. :pleanor:
    I wish I could meet Erica Mendez! She voices a lot of characters I like in video games and anime.

she was rly nice. i'm terribly awkward aha. i was actually cosplaying linhardt from fe3h and she voices bernie. she really liked my ita bag and took a photo and posted it on twitter. the closest brush of fame i'll ever have lmao

Back