• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Media Players

Media Players!

• Windows Media Player

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • iTunes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Winamp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VLC Media Player

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • RealPlayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
Years
For any type of music or video that I have on my computer, Windows Media Player works just fine. Granted, I have both iTunes and VLC installed, but since WMP is the default and I've had no issues with it, I use it the most.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
For music I use foobar
For movies and tv shows I use MPC-HC with madvr, lav filters, etc.

I like to use the best stuff to get the best results.
This. MPC-HC for movies/videos/etc., foobar for music. Anything other than MPC-HC is between "subpar" and "garbage" for video playback, and foobar's just personal preference. It also has extension for a lot of game-native sound formats, like USF for N64 music playback.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Normally, I would prefer Windows Media Player, but when it comes to watching the Adventure Time videos I've downloaded, I use FLV-Media-Player, because my WMP doesn't support FLV video files.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
OH MAN THIS MIGHT GET COMPLICATED!

On my laptop, I use Media Player Classic which I've never had a problem with, but when I ran Linux I used the always lovable VLC Media Player. I play music with Winamp.

On my phone, I use MX Player for videos and PowerAmp for music.

On my tablet, I use XMBC so I can stream music from my laptop without having to install it on my tablet.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I use Windows Media Player for audio most of the time, although I will occasionally make playlists in iTunes to listen to. Quite often I'll use my iPod when I'm on my laptop, because listening to audio seems to totally kill my laptop's speed half the time for some reason.

For videos I use VLC, since it'll play pretty much anything, making it more convenient than Windows Media Player or iTunes, which would limit me to one or two different file types. I used to use Realplayer for everything on my old laptop, but that was before I discovered VLC...

Back