• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Mega Crobat please. I'd much rather this than Camerupt >.<

Mega Crobat could get more attack and a minor decrease in speed while an increase in its defences
    However, I doubt this is gonna happen in ORAS

Who knows, it's possible. But I guess they could always save it for Z and have it's stone be in the Zubat cave.

Speaking of caves I think that Mawilite and Sableyite may end up being hidden in Origin Cave. Seeing how those two can be captured there, also it'll make it so that we don't get a Mega too early as those two don't have evolutions until our stater. Absol is seen later on, but it's stone being found in Sootopolis will be fitting given what goes down there.

Anyways I have a feeling Archie and Maxie's Megas are going to end up like the final evolutions of the Kalos starters, highly anticipated, yet not officially revealed until after the release of the games.

Years
    Who knows, it's possible. But I guess they could always save it for Z and have it's stone be in the Zubat cave.

Speaking of caves I think that Mawilite and Sableyite may end up being hidden in Origin Cave. Seeing how those two can be captured there, also it'll make it so that we don't get a Mega too early as those two don't have evolutions until our stater. Absol is seen later on, but it's stone being found in Sootopolis will be fitting given what goes down there.

Anyways I have a feeling Archie and Maxie's Megas are going to end up like the final evolutions of the Kalos starters, highly anticipated, yet not officially revealed until after the release of the games.

Mega Crobat isn't that likely for ORAS tho. Unfortunately.
    Kalos starters? But then who would have a Mega Chesnaught. Unless they do the opposite of what they did with Mega Blaziken and just give Ches a Mega in the Next game while Greninja and Delphox get one in ORAS....

Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt/Crobat and Mighteyana makes more sense imo tho

Years
    Mega Crobat isn't that likely for ORAS tho. Unfortunately.
    Kalos starters? But then who would have a Mega Chesnaught. Unless they do the opposite of what they did with Mega Blaziken and just give Ches a Mega in the Next game while Greninja and Delphox get one in ORAS....

Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt/Crobat and Mighteyana makes more sense imo tho

Re-read my post. I said that perhaps their evil leader's Megas will be saved until after release, like how the Kalos starter's final evolutions were (for XY) xD.

I really want a Mega Exploud. It gained a very useful move this generation, but it doesn't have the stats to bring out more it's power.

Years
    Re-read my post. I said that perhaps their evil leader's Megas will be saved until after release, like how the Kalos starter's final evolutions were (for XY) xD.

I really want a Mega Exploud. It gained a very useful move this generation, but it doesn't have the stats to bring out more it's power.

Spec Exploud would still likely be stronger than a Mega, just like how Specs Gengar outdamages Mega Gengar( Mega Gengar out damages LO Gengar by one point iirc)
    However, I agree because Exploud needs more speed to kill everything.
    Perhaps an ability that boost sound moves would be cool too, as it's speed is holding it back....and if Mega made OU, scrappy would be next to pointless besides for Gengar

Years
    Spec Exploud would still likely be stronger than a Mega, just like how Specs Gengar outdamages Mega Gengar( Mega Gengar out damages LO Gengar by one point iirc)
    However, I agree because Exploud needs more speed to kill everything.
    Perhaps an ability that boost sound moves would be cool too, as it's speed is holding it back....and if Mega made OU, scrappy would be next to pointless besides for Gengar

They can lower it's attack, and give it a huge boost in special attack, and speed. As for ability maybe GF will bring back Cacophony and give it the effect of increasing sound moves.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I wouldn't use Water Absorb with Cacturne since it's mainly found in deserts. It would make its ability seem weird. It also already has Sand Veil as an ability and I don't think any Mega has kept its normal ability.
    Water absorb makes sense IMO. Cacturj is based of a cactus, which is a desert plant, and desert plants usually have adaptations to survive in the harsh, hot and dry environment, such as having the ability to store water for a long period of time, and "drinking" from it when needed. Coz turn, being based off a cactus, can have water absorb as it's method of harvestinsnd storing water in the desert. It makes sense IMO.
    That said I don't want mega cacturn to get water absorb
    And iirc mega tyranitar, and lati@s kept their regular abilities in mega form

If Milotic become Water/Fairy she would need ORAS to give her some Fairy moves or get Pixilate, since she can't learn any Fairy moves yet.
    Can we please stop with the gender stereotyping of Pokemon??? I find it really annoying, and offensive. Just because a Pokemon has feminine qualities doesn't mean it's a girl.... Unless the pokemon actually has a 100% gender ratio, there is no reason to prefer to it as male or female, because it can be either, and since milotic has a 50/50 gemder ratio, stereotyping it as female is offensive because it's basically saying then males can't be feminine.

Years
    Water absorb makes sense IMO. Cacturj is based of a cactus, which is a desert plant, and desert plants usually have adaptations to survive in the harsh, hot and dry environment, such as having the ability to store water for a long period of time, and "drinking" from it when needed. Coz turn, being based off a cactus, can have water absorb as it's method of harvestinsnd storing water in the desert. It makes sense IMO.

Can we please stop with the gender stereotyping of Pokemon??? I find it really annoying, and offensive. Just because a Pokemon has feminine qualities doesn't mean it's a girl.... Unless the pokemon actually has a 100% gender ratio, there is no reason to prefer to it as male or female, because it can be either, and since milotic has a 50/50 gemder ratio, stereotyping it as female is offensive because it's basically saying then males can't be feminine.

That's true, it could work.

Mega Audino also keeps one of it's normal abilities.

I have a feeling a potential (and likely) Mega Camerupt will end up keeping Solid Rock.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018

Let's just call it It then if you are bothered with the gender.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years

Problem is it isn't really a gender stereotype. A true one would probably go "it looks like a female so it should gain a fairy type zomg".

Gardevoir is a good example. It has a 50/50 gender ratio too, but it gains a fairy typing. Sylveon all dressed in pink and peach has a 87.5% male ratio.

Nothing wrong with associating a potential mega milotic with a fairy type. It could very well be because milotic is often linked with 'beauty and charm' or anything similar.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Problem is it isn't really a gender stereotype. A true one would probably go "it looks like a female so it should gain a fairy type zomg".

Gardevoir is a good example. It has a 50/50 gender ratio too, but it gains a fairy typing. Sylveon all dressed in pink and peach has a 87.5% male ratio.

Nothing wrong with associating a potential mega milotic with a fairy type. It could very well be because milotic is often linked with 'beauty and charm' or anything similar.

i didnt say anything about associating it with fairy type meant instant female.. i just said because it has feminine qualities doesn't mean you can refer to it as 'she' because it has a 50/50 gender ratio. basically what you said in the strike out is what i said by different means "it has feminine qualities so it must be a she" (when it has an even gender ratio...) is what i was referring to, it had nothing to do with the fairy type lol.
    what i was basically saying is just because a pokemon looked feminine, or has a lot of pink etc... it shouldn't be referred to as male or female unless it has a 100% gender ratio. when you refer to pokemon like gardevoir, sylveon and militoc (which you put in your post) as she/female, just because they have feminine like qualities or a lot of pink, its basically saying men can't wear pink or have feminine qualities, which is completely false, and as someone who is a feminine man, its kinda annoying/offensive seeing stuff like that

anyway i aint mad or anything it just annoys me when people always call pokemon like milotic/loppuny female just because they look feminine and i was also in a **** mood this morning when i posted that so apologies if i upset anyone :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's true, it could work.

Mega Audino also keeps one of it's normal abilities.

I have a feeling a potential (and likely) Mega Camerupt will end up keeping Solid Rock.

Keeping Solid Rock does sound like a good idea. If they do wind up going with this plan, I'd like them to raise its Special Defense, Defense, and HP stats, if possible, because with combination of the ability, it would be able to make an amazing tank.

Alongside, it'd be sweet if they could also give Camerupt a recovery move. Morning Sun would make much sense, if you ask me, as it's usually associated with fire-types and whatnot.

Years
    Keeping Solid Rock does sound like a good idea. If they do wind up going with this plan, I'd like them to raise its Special Defense, Defense, and HP stats, if possible, because with combination of the ability, it would be able to make an amazing tank.

Alongside, it'd be sweet if they could also give Camerupt a recovery move. Morning Sun would make much sense, if you ask me, as it's usually associated with fire-types and whatnot.
    Sounds good, though again there isn't a very high chance they'll raise it's HP. But, at least let's hope they give it a huge boost to it's defenses. It's defenses and speed are it's weak points, with having decent offensive stats.

Years
    The need to give Hydreigon a Dragon/Steel mega, because right now its got a 4x weakness to fairy so giving a Steel typing would help alot

Most of the pseudos have 4x weaknesses. Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp are 4x weak to ice. And Tyranitar is 4x weak to Fighting. Only Metagross, Gen V Hydreigon, and Goodra lack 4x weaknesses. Not counting pre-fairy Hydreigon Metagross and Goodra are the only ones to enjoy having only 2x weaknesses. Anyways there's no real need to change Hydreigon's typing, especially when it only has one 4x weakness. It's not Marcargo...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't see much problem with changing Hydreigon's typing, personally. There's a lot of Pokémon out there that have four-times weakness, as stated above, but this doesn't seem to affect their usage rate too much, but for Hydreigon, however, it's sort of a different story. Ever since fairy-type was introduced, this Pokémon had become extremely tough to run into when it comes to competitive battling.

Though, I'm not too sure what other type they could change Hydreigon to, haha. Dragon and ghost, maybe?

Years
    I don't see much problem with changing Hydreigon's typing, personally. There's a lot of Pokémon out there that have four-times weakness, as stated above, but this doesn't seem to affect their usage rate too much, but for Hydreigon, however, it's sort of a different story. Ever since fairy-type was introduced, this Pokémon had become extremely tough to run into when it comes to competitive battling.

Though, I'm not too sure what other type they could change Hydreigon to, haha. Dragon and ghost, maybe?
    Well Dragon/Steel would make the most sense. But I don't want it to become part Steel, as Metagross will no longer be the only one to not share one type with another pseudo (Metagross is quite special when you look at the other Pseudo's and compare it to the others).

They could boost it's speed stat by a lot. Perhaps it could get a 52 stat boost in speed raising it to 150 speed. Also boosts of 20 for each of it's defensive stats raising them to 110. And an 8 stat boost to attack for 113 attack.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I think that the only other type Hydreigon could have is Ghost-type, since it doesn't really stand out as any other type to me. But even then, it doesn't really seem THAT ghostlike. Other than maybe, since it's technically a Dark-type, it likes to hide in the shadows a lot and scare people? Hydreigon is one of those Pokemon who looks like it has a really completed design, so I'm not sure what else they could add to it in its Mega form, so I would be interested to see.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    WALLY WITH MEGA GALLADE!

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back