• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
  • I think that ship has sailed.

Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola. Why do we need to know why?

Chances are there either isn't a reason or it was because Unova was a fresh start with only new pokemon. Obviously in that scenario Luvdisc and Alomomola couldn't be tied together even if it was the initial intention.

maybe a middle evo at some point along with a tauros to bouleffant middle evo :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Oh I meant like what if Mega Blaziken has another new mega! Like they could just retcon the current Mega as Mega Blaziken Alpha or Mega Blaziken Omega and just make another Mega for the other one :)

Nooooo

But I really want to see how they'll handle the other forme. Mega Blaziken as of now is so.... uninspiring, for the lack of a better word. I mean, the normal Blaziken is cool and all, but you'd expect Neo Blaziken to have a bit more than a new hairdo and some flame streaks, don't you think?

Then again, we'll have to wait until we actually get to see if the other two get megas.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It would be a first to introduce an evolution of two pokemon that were once never connected. There is a possibility that they could evolve Luvdisc into Alomomola, but I wouldn't bet on it tbh.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Oh I meant like what if Mega Blaziken has another new mega! Like they could just retcon the current Mega as Mega Blaziken Alpha or Mega Blaziken Omega and just make another Mega for the other one :)

I do not think they will make the current Blaziken Alpha or Omega. If they were going to make 2 megas, I think they would have done it in X and Y. I would rather Sceptile get the 2 Megas. One being Grass/Dragon and the other being Grass or Grass/Dark.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would prefer Sceptile getting 2 Megas over Blaziken, we just got 2 Megas for a Fire starter. Also Sceptile could get a Grass/Dragon and the other could be Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark depending if they go the Ninja or Samurai route.

Years
  • Personally, if they give one of the starter trio two mega evolutions, then I want all three of them to have two, for consistencies' sake. It really irked me when Charizard got an extra and the other Kanto starters were left in the dust. I understand how Charizard is a special and iconic pokemon in the franchise, but the starters are some of the most important creatures in the game, and I think they could've given Venasaur and Blastoise two as well.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Personally, if they give one of the starter trio two mega evolutions, then I want all three of them to have two, for consistencies' sake. It really irked me when Charizard got an extra and the other Kanto starters were left in the dust. I understand how Charizard is a special and iconic pokemon in the franchise, but the starters are some of the most important creatures in the game, and I think they could've given Venasaur and Blastoise two as well.

I agree. It's because of this reason that I do not want to see any more Pokémon with two Mega Evolutions--for Mewtwo, okay, I can roll with it since it kind of makes it seem like RGB got their individual "mascot legendaries" after all these years, but Charizard? As someone who always picks Charizard, even I think it's unfair. If they can leave it at these two as the only Pokémon with two Megas (especially regarding the starters), I can ignore the unfairness--otherwise, why place more importance on one starter over the others? The entire point of Pokémon is picking and using the Pokémon you love, and it's already difficult to do that with so many Pokémon becoming weaker and weaker due to the slow and steady power creep. We really don't need some of them having multiple Megas on top of that.

The only other Pokémon I can think that would make sense having two Megas is Arceus. Arceus, being the creator, is the beginning and end. Arceus is Alpha and Omega, and as such would actually make sense having two Megas.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2016
    If we go by how X/Y had plot-relevant Megas, looks like we're having:

-Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert (starters)
    -Mega Metagross or Mega Milotic (depends if Steven or Wallace is champion)
    -Mega Camerupt and/or Mega Sharpedo (Team Leader signature Pokemon)
    -Mega Gardevoir for Wally, or his male Ralts becomes a Gallade and with it, Mega Gallade

The Lati@s have their Mega Stone already, and it's looking like Kyogre and Groudon are having them as well. If I were to add more Megas that are catchable in the 3rd Gen games, I guess I'd love to see:

-Mega Skarmory
    -Mega Mightyena
    -Mega Crawdaunt
    -Mega Sableye
    -Mega Flygon
    -Mega Kecleon (physical Protean please)

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • I think they'll include megas as I think it's safe to assume that Pokémon from all Gens will be included in ORAS (if the previous remakes are anything to go by). If they're including all Pokémon, why would they not include megas?

Part of me is thinking (and strongly hoping) that megas won't be included for a couple of reasons:
    1: Mega Evolution is supposed to be linked to Kalos, not anywhere else. (Of course, it's always possible that they've added to the storyline so that megas have been discovered in Hoenn. That would be easier to do if ORAS were sequels, rather than remakes, but would still likely be easy enough to incorporate into the story.)

2: *Before I make this point, I want to say that I've not played X or Y (nor have I paid attention to many of the features) and have only seen a Let's Play on YouTube. Therefore, I could be way off base with this point.*
    While there might have been a lot of new features added to X and Y, megas were the main selling point of those games. Obviously they'll want to maximize profits and therefore sell more of each of the games. By adding the main selling feature of X and Y to Gen 3 remakes, they're essentially casting the boat away from X and Y.
    Gen 3 is likely the most popular gen thus far. Coupling that with the main selling point of a Gen 6 game, why would a lot of people bother getting X and Y?
    ------------------------------------------
    If megas are to be included, I certainly wouldn't want Jynx to get one.
    I made a thread a while back saying that I'd like to see an evolution for Jynx. The main reason being that I always see Jynx as part of a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz. All 3 got a prevo in gen 2 but only Magmar and Electabuzz got the evo in Gen 4.
    A lot of people (purely based on those who I've spoken to about a Jynx evo) seem to think that it won't get one because of the controversy Jynx's design caused back in the day. I personally don't think that's a reason for Gamefreak not to give it an evolution, considering they obviously learnt there lesson and were careful not to make the same mistake with Smoochum. I'd much more prefer an evolution for Jynx than a mega form.
    Now, onto Groudon and Kyogre.
    The forms shown on the box art are clearly different but I don't think that they're mega evos.
    Have a look at all current mega evolutions. Now have a look at the original look of those Pokémon. They've all changed considerably, as you'd expect considering they're unleashing the untapped potential.
    I don't think that Gamefreak would suddenly change how much they design a mega evolution for 2 legendary Pokémon, which they'll also know people would get hyped about.

The only thing I can think of for different designs is that perhaps Groudon and Kyogre are exposed to something which can unleash more power into them. (Similar to mega evolution but not as visually extreme. (This is bearing in mind that I don't think mega evos will be included.) This power may have something to do with the orbs or maybe new objects which are related to Alpha and Omega.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think they'll include megas as I think it's safe to assume that Pokémon from all Gens will be included in ORAS (if the previous remakes are anything to go by). If they're including all Pokémon, why would they not include megas?

Part of me is thinking (and strongly hoping) that megas won't be included for a couple of reasons:
    1: Mega Evolution is supposed to be linked to Kalos, not anywhere else. (Of course, it's always possible that they've added to the storyline so that megas have been discovered in Hoenn. That would be easier to do if ORAS were sequels, rather than remakes, but would still likely be easy enough to incorporate into the story.)

2: *Before I make this point, I want to say that I've not played X or Y (nor have I paid attention to many of the features) and have only seen a Let's Play on YouTube. Therefore, I could be way off base with this point.*
    While there might have been a lot of new features added to X and Y, megas were the main selling point of those games. Obviously they'll want to maximize profits and therefore sell more of each of the games. By adding the main selling feature of X and Y to Gen 3 remakes, they're essentially casting the boat away from X and Y.
    Gen 3 is likely the most popular gen thus far. Coupling that with the main selling point of a Gen 6 game, why would a lot of people bother getting X and Y?
    If megas are to be included, I certainly wouldn't want Jynx to get one.
    I made a thread a while back saying that I'd like to see an evolution for Jynx. The main reason being that I always see Jynx as part of a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz. All 3 got a prevo in gen 2 but only Magmar and Electabuzz got the evo in Gen 4.
    A lot of people (purely based on those who I've spoken to about a Jynx evo) seem to think that it won't get one because of the controversy Jynx's design caused back in the day. I personally don't think that's a reason for Gamefreak not to give it an evolution, considering they obviously learnt there lesson and were careful not to make the same mistake with Smoochum. I'd much more prefer an evolution for Jynx than a mega form.
    Now, onto Groudon and Kyogre.
    The forms shown on the box art are clearly different but I don't think that they're mega evos.
    Have a look at all current mega evolutions. Now have a look at the original look of those Pokémon. They've all changed considerably, as you'd expect considering they're unleashing the untapped potential.
    I don't think that Gamefreak would suddenly change how much they design a mega evolution for 2 legendary Pokémon, which they'll also know people would get hyped about.

The only thing I can think of for different designs is that perhaps Groudon and Kyogre are exposed to something which can unleash more power into them. (Similar to mega evolution but not as visually extreme. (This is bearing in mind that I don't think mega evos will be included.) This power may have something to do with the orbs or maybe new objects which are related to Alpha and Omega.)

About generation III being the most popular generation thus far...I hate to admit it but I think that Gen II proably wins that one for the majority of the fan base...

I wonder if they'll have Kalos Pokemon in these games, as FrLg as far as I can remember barely had any Hoenn Pokemon... but it did have Johto's. Maybe they could leave out the Kalos Pokemon, so XY will still be worth buying for those who want those Pokemon and the new legends, and the mega stones of the others if they decide not to include the mega stones available in XY in these games (but still allow trade for collection purposes).

On topic: I think that if they give Sceptile two Megas they should make it's "Omega" Mega look very sleek and wield what look like swords. Meanwhile it's "Alpha" mega could look prehistoric and savage like.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • About generation III being the most popular generation thus far...I hate to admit it but I think that Gen II proably wins that one for the majority of the fan base...

I wonder if they'll have Kalos Pokemon in these games, as FrLg as far as I can remember barely had any Hoenn Pokemon... but it did have Johto's. Maybe they could leave out the Kalos Pokemon, so XY will still be worth buying for those who want those Pokemon and the new legends, and the mega stones of the others if they decide not to include the mega stones available in XY in these games (but still allow trade for collection purposes).
    It's close, in my opinion, between Gen II and III as I loved II because of 16 gyms and revisiting Kanto but easily spent more time playing III than any of the others. Alas, that's a topic for a different thread though :)

Even if they weren't to include any Kalos Pokémon, it wouldn't make XY totally pointless but still relatively so seeing as XY had the least amount of additional Pokémon.
    If they do decide to include some Kalos Pokémon though, I think it'll be pretty safe to assume they'll include megas.

Years
  • For HGSS, they added Kanto because the two regions were intertwined and very similar in terms of history and compatibility. However, Hoenn and Kalos aren't, so I seriously doubt them putting any area from Kalos in ORAS. They could make it possible to catch some X and Y pokemon in the post-game, but I don't think they would put them in the wild of the main story line. Mega evolution could be a post-game only deal in ORAS, where you receive the mega stone for the starter you chose as a reward once you've taken down the champion.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mega Evolutions will be in ORAS. They have to be - ORAS has to be fully capable of trading and battling with XY. If it didn't have Mega Evolutions, what do you expect would happen when an X or Y player tried to Mega Evolve their Pokemon? They'd just let the game crash? Yeah, no.

I guess it's possible that they'll leave Mega Evolutions in, but never give you a Mega Ring so you can't Mega Evolve anything. But that would pointlessly have ORAS players at a disadvantage.

Personally, I'm hoping that they don't involve Mega Evolutions until the post-game. However, I'm not going to hold my breath - there's too many opportunities. Wally's Gardevoir, Sydney's Absol, Phoebe's Banette, Wattson's Manectric, Wallace's Gyarados, Steven's Aggron. Plus, they could easily give Tate & Liza Gardevoir and Alakazam.

However, I don't think there will be new Mega Evolutions.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mega Shiftry would be so awesome, I hope these are legit. As for the image, looks like it has been ripped from Serebii or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back