• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I don't think the Alpha and Omega aspects of this game are going to apply to Arceus anywhere. That's more DPPt territory, and these games already seem to be gearing the Alpha and Omega towards Groudon and Kyogre. Besides the way their symbols and patterns happen to match the A&O symbols, I think there will be further explanation for this.

For instance, salt water covers 71% of our earth's surface, with a good chunk of undetermined percentage pertaining to fresh water as well. Alongside that, water is needed to keep everything on land living and thriving... heck, even it's creatures are 60% water for humans and like 70% in animals (due to tissue). This could explain why Kyogre is being put on the 'Alpha' spot.

It's clear his rain over Hoenn and the rest of the world is extremely vital. Yay puns!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think the Alpha and Omega aspects of this game are going to apply to Arceus anywhere. That's more DPPt territory, and these games already seem to be gearing the Alpha and Omega towards Groudon and Kyogre. Besides the way their symbols and patterns happen to match the A&O symbols, I think there will be further explanation for this.

For instance, salt water covers 71% of our earth's surface, with a good chunk of undetermined percentage pertaining to fresh water as well. Alongside that, water is needed to keep everything on land living and thriving... heck, even it's creatures are 60% water for humans and like 70% in animals (due to tissue). This could explain why Kyogre is being put on the 'Alpha' spot.

It's clear his rain over Hoenn and the rest of the world is extremely vital. Yay puns!

I know that they fit the mascots, all I was saying is that it fits Arceus too like how XY fit Mewtwo.
    As for Arceus fitting DPP...it'll be some time before a remake of DPP...so it'll take awhile for Arceus to regain it's top spot. As for the plates, they could simply give it Protean.

Years
  • Arceus has the ability to manipulate his type into any existing one it pleases. Along with the plethora of alternate forms, its stats are perfect. Arceus is probably last on the list of Pokemon that merit a Mega evolution.

Years
  • Arceus has the ability to manipulate his type into any existing one it pleases. Along with the plethora of alternate forms, its stats are perfect. Arceus is probably last on the list of Pokemon that merit a Mega evolution.

Mewtwo and the other 680's are tied for third on that list (Kyurem B/W being second...or original dragon being tied for first should it be made and that thing be given a Mega...chills...), while fourth would be Groudon and Kyogre. Also Arceus isn't as powerful as it seems, it's weakness is that it's stats are all equal 120's. It's Megas could involve a redistribution and a smaller addition compared to other Megas, like 65 (to make it 5 over Mewtwo).

In all honesty while it would be overpowered (but the current Arceus isn't as OP as some think) I wouldn't be surprised if they're made. Maybe they'll even limit it as Normal only (and not give it Protean) in order to make it less appealing.

Years
  • I am confused, because if mega lati@s are in the code, then why are the others not in the code, and if there is an update to make ORAS and XY compatible, then why wouldn't said Megas be added later?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Latest reports claimed that new game "Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby" will feature a storyline about mega-evolution involving the Mega Latios and Mega Latias.

As Pokemon X & Y featured a cliffhanger about the mega evolution of the said creatures, the new game was expected to continue or give resolution to the storyline. Moreover, the remake of the third generation was speculated to upgrade the Hoenn region with all of the latest features in the franchise.

I don't really remember the "cliffhanger" relating to Mega Evolution that was in X & Y. Someone mind refreshing my memory?

Years
  • I'm pretty sure with these games we're gonna get some new mega evolutions, I hope at least for Swampert and Sceptile, the guys deserve it xD
    I also hope they're included during the main storyline, they could easily add some way to introduce them to the player, like someone mentioned already it'll be pretty cool if Norman gave you the megastone of your starter after beating him, also I'd love to see the Elite4 use them.
    I hope at least gym leaders are going to use them in post game rematches.

Mewtwo and the other 680's are tied for third on that list (Kyurem B/W being second...or original dragon being tied for first should it be made and that thing be given a Mega...chills...), while fourth would be Groudon and Kyogre. Also Arceus isn't as powerful as it seems, it's weakness is that it's stats are all equal 120's. It's Megas could involve a redistribution and a smaller addition compared to other Megas, like 65 (to make it 5 over Mewtwo).

In all honesty while it would be overpowered (but the current Arceus isn't as OP as some think) I wouldn't be surprised if they're made. Maybe they'll even limit it as Normal only (and not give it Protean) in order to make it less appealing.

Giving mega evolutions to Mewtwo, Blaziken, Garchomp and Lucario Game Freak already confirmed that they don't mind giving them to strong pokemon, so a mega Arceus is not impossible although doesn't seem to fit well in this game imo.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't see Arceus getting a Mega in this, not yet at least. Arceus played a role in HGSS, it would be nice if they gave them a break. Though, I am still not counting out those Shiny Dialga, Palikia, and Girtina might still play a part in one way or another. Shiny Arceus anyone or even to unlock the Mega stone or something. Though I am wondering how a Mega Arceus would work with it having all those plates.

I do hope we get a mega stone in the middle of the game. Just make the Mega more common with the E4, Magma and Aqua, and at least 1 or 2 gym leaders. Maybe Norman at least.

I also do not recall there being a cliffhanger other than maybe the big pink crystal stone in that one city.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Very possible, but Arceus is already real overpowered... I guess they'll have to ban him from being transferred with the mega stones anywhere. But that's not the problem, the problem be the plates. Arceus already depends much on plates, how can he change type while holding the stones?
    Mewtwo was overpowered also, and received two Megas. Now its base stats are higher than the God Pokémon's. I know Arceus is very strong and doesn't deserve a Mega in that respect, but as KeyDrop mentioned, yes a lot of weaker Pokémon got Megas to try to boost their usability, but Pokémon that were already competitive (and in some cases, banned) got Megas, too. Arceus actually deserves a Mega so its stats can surpass Mewtwo again.

As for Multitype, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire brings up a good idea with Protean, but I'd rather Arceus get an Ability of its own. Maybe something crazy like it had in Conquest?

Everyone has talked about megas being in the game. Most likely you will get the mega ring, just to use pokemon megas from XY traded. What people don't realize is inconsistency. If we have
    Spoiler:
    , then it most likely will be in ORAS, the games that added them. Though if they are already in the code, then why wouldn't the other "New Megas" not in code already? If we are getting them in an update, then wouldn't we already get
    Spoiler:
    in the update, therefore not knowing about them? So, unless
    Spoiler:
    are going to be given away in all of gen 6 in an event, which considering they are RSE characters, that most likely wouldn't happen. And no compatibility between the same gen would make no sense. So, what is your opinion?
    My opinion, which is purely personal, is that if anything, Game Freak should at least patch XY and update the models of the Pokémon you've mentioned, because to me, it is unacceptable that they look exactly the same. So to me, a patch is inevitable either way, ha ha!
    I just thought of the chance that they may make Mega Arceus' for this game. Since God in the Abrahamic religions is referred to as the Alpha and the Omega it'll make sense to give Arceus two megas for these games. MegaArceus Omega and MegaArceus Alpha. It's similar to how Mewtwo whose theme was genetics got two for the pair named after genetics.
    Those who are mentioning that Arceus doesn't really fit in with ORAS are right, however...
    I remember, here on PokéCommunity, before the release of XY, there was a thread by someone who essentially said, "What if Mewtwo is in XY, since there is clearly a genetics theme going on here?" 9/10 responses were, "No way! Mewtwo has nothing to do with Kalos." Which is true, Mewtwo had absolutely nothing to do with Kalos.

That didn't stop Mewtwo from being catchable, and gaining 2 Mega Evolutions in XY.

So I agree with you, if they're going to give Arceus a Mega (which I personally hope happens), now is the best time, because I'm certain Game Freak picked these titles for their ties with "beginning and end," and it's very appropriate for Arceus.

They managed to add Johto legendaries to FRLG, and Hoenn legendaries to HGSS, so I don't see why Sinnoh legends can't be in ORAS!

Years
  • My opinion, which is purely personal, is that if anything, Game Freak should at least patch XY and update the models of the Pokémon you've mentioned, because to me, it is unacceptable that they look exactly the same. So to me, a patch is inevitable either way, ha ha!

It isn't the exact same,
    Spoiler:
    has different coloured eyes, and the other one is bigger. Same as them normally, except their colours mixed.

Years
  • Mewtwo was overpowered also, and received two Megas. Now its base stats are higher than the God Pokémon's. I know Arceus is very strong and doesn't deserve a Mega in that respect, but as KeyDrop mentioned, yes a lot of weaker Pokémon got Megas to try to boost their usability, but Pokémon that were already competitive (and in some cases, banned) got Megas, too. Arceus actually deserves a Mega so its stats can surpass Mewtwo again.

As for Multitype, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire brings up a good idea with Protean, but I'd rather Arceus get an Ability of its own. Maybe something crazy like it had in Conquest?

My opinion, which is purely personal, is that if anything, Game Freak should at least patch XY and update the models of the Pokémon you've mentioned, because to me, it is unacceptable that they look exactly the same. So to me, a patch is inevitable either way, ha ha!

Those who are mentioning that Arceus doesn't really fit in with ORAS are right, however...
    I remember, here on PokéCommunity, before the release of XY, there was a thread by someone who essentially said, "What if Mewtwo is in XY, since there is clearly a genetics theme going on here?" 9/10 responses were, "No way! Mewtwo has nothing to do with Kalos." Which is true, Mewtwo had absolutely nothing to do with Kalos.

That didn't stop Mewtwo from being catchable, and gaining 2 Mega Evolutions in XY.

So I agree with you, if they're going to give Arceus a Mega (which I personally hope happens), now is the best time, because I'm certain Game Freak picked these titles for their ties with "beginning and end," and it's very appropriate for Arceus.

They managed to add Johto legendaries to FRLG, and Hoenn legendaries to HGSS, so I don't see why Sinnoh legends can't be in ORAS!

Yeah I think we should have learned by now that Game Freak is unpredictable, if they decide to add something in the game they'll do it even if it doesn't apparently make sense, so anything we can say now about how something would be out of place or wouldn't fit the various inexistent "patterns" is pure speculation.
    It's fun to discuss our ideas on what will and won't be in the game but we should keep in mind that Game Freak doesn't really care about our imaginary rules and will do what they want regardless of them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It isn't the exact same,
    Spoiler:
    has different coloured eyes, and the other one is bigger. Same as them normally, except their colours mixed.

To me, that is still not being different enough (again, personal opinion, but Game Freak has done a very good job with making different Pokémon distinct until this point). It's hard to tell that their size is different, and having different-colored eyes is even more difficult to notice.
    Spoiler:
    Thundurus, Landorus, and Tornadus were more different in their Incarnate Formes! To me, it seems like their models are incomplete, and I would be very disappointed if they weren't updated somehow before their release.

Yeah I think we should have learned by now that Game Freak is unpredictable, if they decide to add something in the game they'll do it even if it doesn't apparently make sense, so anything we can say now about how something would be out of place or wouldn't fit the various inexistent "patterns" is pure speculation.
    It's fun to discuss our ideas on what will and won't be in the game but we should keep in mind that Game Freak doesn't really care about our imaginary rules and will do what they want regardless of them.
    You're absolutely correct! There was no pattern for generations before gen 5 (gen1 had 2, 1, 1; gen 2 had 2, 1; gen 3 had 2, remakes, 1; and gen 4 had 2, 1, remakes) and yet so many people insist that having a sequel in gen 5 breaks some sort of pattern? Game Freak does what they feel works--they aren't bound by "patterns" and "traditions" because they really don't exist.

Last edited:

ludicolodancer

Fabby the ninetails
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    Sceptile and Stamper should get mega evos of course, but I want to see mega sabeleye and milotic

Years
  • To me, that is still not being different enough (again, personal opinion, but Game Freak has done a very good job with making different Pokémon distinct until this point). It's hard to tell that their size is different, and having different-colored eyes is even more difficult to notice.
    Spoiler:
    Thundurus, Landorus, and Tornadus were more different in their Incarnate Formes! To me, it seems like their models are incomplete, and I would be very disappointed if they weren't updated somehow before their release.

You're absolutely correct! There was no pattern for generations before gen 5 (gen1 had 2, 1, 1; gen 2 had 2, 1; gen 3 had 2, remakes, 1; and gen 4 had 2, 1, remakes) and yet so many people insist that having a sequel in gen 5 breaks some sort of pattern? Game Freak does what they feel works--they aren't bound by "patterns" and "traditions" because they really don't exist.

I also think they need to change the Latis. They are too similar. Though I have noticed that gender differences don't really exist in Mega Evolution...wonder why they vanished like that, the latis are the most extreme case as they were the most distinct. Makes one wonder if they'll make a MegaNidoqueen and MegaNidoking look similar...

Years
  • I don't know, Lati@s similarities make them the eon twins. If they looked too different, it wouldn't be the same. Now, I guess with their Mega evolutions, they could've included more in their designs to differentiate the two, but I don't mind it. If they play a huge role in the story of ORAS, it might make sense to create more distinguishing factors to their Megalutions.

Years
  • How about not Hoenn dex Pokémon? Or at least Pokémon in the Hoenn dex that were introduced in Gens I and II. A MegaWobuffet would allow the Pokémon to regain a spot in ubers. Also a MegaRaichu would be awesome. It could be Electric/Fighting. I already mentioned MegaKingdra in a previous post. Oh Megas for Machoke and Golem would be much appreciated considering the other two Kanto three stage trade evolution Pokémon (Alakazam and Gengar) got Megas. Golem could ditch one of it's types like Aggron did.

Years
  • If they give Mega evolutions to Pokemon not originally from Hoenn, they should at least be attainable in Hoenn. It would make absolutely no sense if they gave, say, Druddigon a Mega evolution, there would be no possibly way to capture and use its new evolution until at the earliest, post-game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Everyone has talked about megas being in the game. Most likely you will get the mega ring, just to use pokemon megas from XY traded. What people don't realize is inconsistency. If we have
    Spoiler:
    , then it most likely will be in ORAS, the games that added them. Though if they are already in the code, then why wouldn't the other "New Megas" not in code already? If we are getting them in an update, then wouldn't we already get
    Spoiler:
    in the update, therefore not knowing about them? So, unless
    Spoiler:
    are going to be given away in all of gen 6 in an event, which considering they are RSE characters, that most likely wouldn't happen. And no compatibility between the same gen would make no sense. So, what is your opinion?

I am confused, because if mega lati@s are in the code, then why are the others not in the code, and if there is an update to make ORAS and XY compatible, then why wouldn't said Megas be added later?

It isn't the exact same,
    Spoiler:

Has every skipped the idea that they were not done with ORAS? I mean seriously, they were probably being worked on at the same time, yet they may not be done. We just now got the announcement of them 2 weeks ago, 8 months after XY came out. There was no way they were done at that time. Blaziken was being in the anime and they probably already had a concept of Latis and put it in the code in case they wanted to make an event for them. Now we are still 6 months away, telling me that they are still working on a large chunk of the game. We were never suppose to be able to see the Latis mega evolution.

BW Kyreum were not in the codeing for BW 1 that I recall and it came out a lot sooner than ORAS is coming out. If you think they are done, then I think you need to think again. Why the heck would they only give Blaziken a Mega and not the others? I mean seriously?

It is still possible that the Mega Latis are also not complete yet. They could have been planning to make a patch to secretly fix their design to make the Latis finish. I don't mind the Latis, I just wish their original color were still there. Heck at this point, GF could have just thrown them in to give us a hint of ORAS, because they knew someone person would hack the game. If you think something is not possible, then let me give you some advise, everything, in most cases, are always possible. Especially in games.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back