• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hoenn already offered the Johto starters late in-game, so instead of adding the Sinnoh starters and giving them Mega evolutions, they could just give the Johto starters earlier in the story line along with their Mega stones, if they were to get Mega evolutions of course. Even that, I think, is rather improbable. After Camerupt and Sharpedo, I don't see many more Pokemon getting a Mega in ORAS - possibly Metagross/Milotic/Flygon, but that would be it. d:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think they'll be reserved for post game. If they were to be given mid game the most fitting time would be after defeating Norman...but by then it'll be too deep into the game. So they'll seem to fit better post game like the Kanto and Hoenn starters in HGSS.

Years
  • I can see both the Sinnoh and Johto starters being given out post-game, as it'd follow HGSS's giving out starters from two regions. Plus, DPPt and HGSS aren't compatible with XY in any way, so the only way to get their starters onto XY is to transfer them to BW/BW2, which can be a hassle.

Wow I thought this was the DCC; confused me a bit because we're now talking about Megas in it, ahaha ;;

Years
  • I mean, the only reason I think they would give them out early on instead of post-game like they're intended to is because X and Y gives the player Kanto starters early in the game instead of post-game, which is actually what I assumed when I first heard that they would be available in Kalos. It would make even more sense if the Johto final evolutions were given Megas, but if they aren't, they'll most likely keep the starters where they were in RSE - the post-game.

Years
  • Then the Unova ones can replace the Kanto starters in 'Z' as he has a lot of Unova Pokémon drawings in his office...well so could the Sinnoh ones considering Sycamore knows Rowan. So maybe only Johto for ORAS and Sinnoh and Unova for 'Z'? We already have the Hoenn starters and with the Johto starters getting Megas that be 6 new starter Megas. Of course 'Z' could introduce Kalos Megas too...
    I don't know anymore but Johto Megas should at least be in these games.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • So I was too lazy to just remember/redo my list of predictions/wants, so I trawled for about 5 minutes through my reddit account for an old one I did (1 month ago apparently.):

• Sceptile
    • Swampert
    • Breloom
    • Hariyama (maybe to tie in alongside Medicham?)
    • Sableye ( ^ same as the above but for Mawile)
    • Sharpedo
    • Flygon
    • Milotic
    • Tropius
    • Salamence
    • Metagross
    • Lati@s (pretty much confirmed already)
    I've got 3 right so far so I'm happy with that lol (even if they were pretty likely anyway). To that list I'd also like to add Camerupt though. :3

Years
  • If they brought the Unova ones to the "third game" in XY, I'd imagine they might get Megas, especially if they replace the Kanto starters. (Plus, as of right now, there aren't any Gen. V Pokemon with Megas.) Johto Megas are another possibility, especially since they're pretty popular amongst Pokemon players. Would love to see Megas Feraligatr and Typhlosion become a thing, hnnngh.

@Superjub: Ooh, Mega Tropius. Imagine all the bananas it'd have on its neck! Seriously, though, that'd be a pretty interesting Mega, plus Tropius doesn't seem like a Pokemon that's used often, so if it were to receive one it'd definitely become more used.

Years
  • If we get Mega Tropius, I want it to have a gigantic crown made completely out of bananas. That would please me greatly. B) Hariyama is an interesting prospect as well, for a counterpart to Medicham. It would be cool if it was tall, skinny, and agile, almost like the opposite of Hariyama. o: I don't think they'll give Megas to both Flygon and Salamence, it'll probably be one of them or neither.

Years
  • I hope Mega Tropius if made will have pink Bananas instead of the common banana...as those may go extint in real life due to a disease...and it having a different kind of Banana can be a symbol of it's power... Maybe it'll be Grass/Dragon and get a Dragon version of Normalize.

Years
  • While Grass/Dragon fits for Mega Tropius, there's already Mega Sceptile, so it might be kind of silly to give it Dragon as a type. Still, just because Mega Sceptile's already there doesn't mean it wouldn't happen (it'd actually be kinda neat), and I think a Dragon version of Normalize (with the power boost, as Normalize doesn't provide that) would be pretty cool. If it kept its Flying typing, then I could see it with Aerilate like Mega Pinsir.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm not certain if Mega Tropius would get Dragon as its typing--certainly, it fits, but there's already Mega Sceptile, so it might be kind of silly to give it Dragon as a type. Still, just because Mega Sceptile's already there doesn't mean it wouldn't happen, and I think a Dragon version of Normalize (with the power boost, as Normalize doesn't provide that) would be pretty cool. If it kept its Flying typing, then I could see it with Aerilate like Mega Pinsir.

Hmmm, true. I do think that as a Grass/Dragon it could work differently to Sceptile though (maybe being much more bulky/tanky.) Plus, it gets Dragon Dance as an egg move. o3o It just needs something though, Tropius can get overlooked since it doesn't evolve and doesn't really have a niche. :(

Years
  • As for Mega Muk (which someone brought up earlier). It was one of the first Megas I mentioned I'll like to see. Though I don't think it'll get a Mega in these games. But if it is made eventually I'll like to see it bd a mix attacker. As for looks I'll like for it's body to shrink and turn into something less gooey. Like it's body can solify and be the same size as Grimer but with real hands and feet.

Years
  • Concerning Mega Tropius, I think Grass/Dragon would be a good fit, but I'd also like it to stay Grass/Flying. That typing is already unique in itself, and Tropius fits it perfectly! Giving the Mega form Aerilate would work extremely well for it - STAB coverage is always useful, and Mega Tropius would be no exception. If Metagross, Milotic, or Flygon don't receive a Mega, I hope Tropius does.

Years
  • Concerning Mega Tropius, I think Grass/Dragon would be a good fit, but I'd also like it to stay Grass/Flying. That typing is already unique in itself, and Tropius fits it perfectly! Giving the Mega form Aerilate would work extremely well for it - STAB coverage is always useful, and Mega Tropius would be no exception. If Metagross, Milotic, or Flygon don't receive a Mega, I hope Tropius does.

Unique? Jumpluff and pre-evos, and Sky Shaymin are crying tonight...
    How about Mega Jumpluff?

Years
  • Unique? Jumpluff and pre-evos, and Sky Shaymin are crying tonight...
    How about Mega Jumpluff?

Jumpluff is a special case - before the 4th generation, it had little to no way of utilizing its Flying secondary type. Now, with Acrobatics, it is more of a Flying type. However, Tropius is still unique, as it has wings and can actually use the HM Fly, haha. Legendary Pokemon usually do have unorthodox type combinations, so I wasn't really considering them!

Even though it's unlikely, Mega Jumpluff would be great; they are adorable <3

Years
  • It sure is...plus it's an underrated Pokémon and is part of a three stage family. So it could benefit a lot from a Mega. They should also give it better moves. Like the cotton based move that raises defense by three stages. Also maybe they should give it an ability like technician since it has a lot of weak moves.

Years
  • Jumpluff is adorable--its entire line is--but it's not the greatest in battle ;; It'd definitely benefit a lot from a Mega Evolution. Imagine if they gave it Prankster; it'd be an amazing supportive Pokemon because it has access to a lot of supportive moves, like Sleep Powder (something the infamous Whimsicott lacks), Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Cotton Guard, Aromatherapy, and Encore! Though, if they invested enough in its Speed stat (which is already a nice base 110), it could probably do without Prankster since it'd be fast as heck. I also like ^'s suggestion about giving it Technician for its weaker moves; it's got Bullet Seed, so imagine it using that with the Technician boost + STAB!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • What if they introduced a Mega Bellossom and Mega Vileplume? They appeared in the Hoenn Dex, and they seem to be underappreciated.

Maybe make Mega Bellossom a Grass/Fairy? and bump her Special stats? And Mega Vileplume can bump his Attack/Defense stats?

masterxy

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • Jumpluff is adorable--its entire line is--but it's not the greatest in battle ;; It'd definitely benefit a lot from a Mega Evolution. Imagine if they gave it Prankster; it'd be an amazing supportive Pokemon because it has access to a lot of supportive moves, like Sleep Powder (something the infamous Whimsicott lacks), Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Cotton Guard, Aromatherapy, and Encore! Though, if they invested enough in its Speed stat (which is already a nice base 110), it could probably do without Prankster since it'd be fast as heck. I also like ^'s suggestion about giving it Technician for its weaker moves; it's got Bullet Seed, so imagine it using that with the Technician boost + STAB!

Jumpluff is really useful in Double Battles already. Just look at my signature and guess which Pokemon I pair it with. It's not that bad as many (and Smogon xD) say and I've destroyed many trainers with the Combination of Jumpluff's Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and Ninetale's Will-O-Wisp and Burden.
    As much as I love Jumpluff I neither think it needs nor that it will get a Mega too soon.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    So I was thinking we now know of Primal Pokemon but many feel it's just going to be used for certain legendary pokemon. My thought tho is what if primal forms of other pokemon existed? What if these pokemon were just as rare as shiny pokemon? They would not only look different but have different stats. They would have a similar rate of encounter similar to shiny pokemon. Would this be a good idea? It would be challenging and bring a whole new aspect to the game. What are your thoughts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back