• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Mega Evolution Issue

Years
    Heyo Forums!

I've been a busy Trainer, adding multiple features into my new game

However, one has failed to fully integrate: Mega Evolution!

If functions fine, but the actual visuals are where it fails! You see, the actual Pokemon can Mega-Evolve, but the sprite does not change!
    I do have Elite battle system, if that has any effect.
    Some screenshots of the issue:
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue

Soo.. Yeah, I've been checking that My naming conventions and mega Pokemon definitions under PBS pokemonforms.txt are correct, but any suggestions to a fix?
    Thanks!

Years
    Yes, as far as I can tell. Since I have EBS installed, my sprites are split into "Front", "Back", and "Shiny Front", "Shiny Back". each sprite is in the correct place, and named correctly, with the right number of that Pokemon, followed by a _1. Eg. Beedrill is 015, and his Mega Sprite is named 015_1

Years
    OMG! I didn't realise that it was you!!! WOW!! I LOVE all the resources you've provided on your site! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Also, I attempted to use a Primal reversion as well and it complained that It could not find the image 'box'?:
    Here's a screenshot:
    Mega Evolution Issue

Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    OMG! I didn't realise that it was you!!! WOW!! I LOVE all the resources you've provided on your site! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Also, I attempted to use a Primal reversion as well and it complained that It could not find the image 'box'?:
    Here's a screenshot:
    View attachment 92479

Thanks again!

That's an easy fix. Just google search primal groudon symbol and save it in Graphics/Pictures. Name it "battlePrimalGroudonBox" make sure the image is 54-54px
    Do the same for Kyogre too

Last edited:
    Years
    I have some interesting news! It seems that JUST the back sprite for megas is not working. the front sprite and icons are fully displayed, if a little on the large side, but the back sprite is the only one not functioning!
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue
    Mega Evolution Issue

Strange stuff, maybe an error in the naming of the image files? Am I right in saying that for the back sprites, the name works as follows (eg. beedrill being 015) 015b_1
    Also, maybe it could be an issue with the code and it identifying the back sprite?
    Anyway, at least it's a bit of progress son the issue

Back